[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fire Emblem 1 vs Fire Emblem 3 Book 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Fire Emblem 1 and 3.jpg (182KB, 984x728px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Emblem 1 and 3.jpg
182KB, 984x728px
Which version should i play?

Original
+More Chapters.
+More Characters.
+Social Knights and Pegasus Knight can use Sword without dismounting.
+Better Music (IMHO)

Remake
+Armor Knights and Snipers can Promote.
+Better Graphics.
+More Story and dialogue.
+You can see the unit's movement range.
>>
File: hard game.jpg (59KB, 511x447px) Image search: [Google]
hard game.jpg
59KB, 511x447px
>>3781849
>+You can see the unit's movement range.
This is the only one that should be significant enough to influence a decision
Having played both, I enjoyed the original a LOT more because that didn't bother me
But I usually wouldn't recommend it to others most of the time solely because having to manually count each unit's movement range, including enemies, feels really archaic

>+Social Knights and Pegasus Knight can use Sword without dismounting.
This is pretty neat too
That and Manaketes being able to use their stones like regular weapons (3 changed this for the worse) were things that started in 1, got changed, and then were changed back later in the series, so that really tells you that someone on the dev team realized they were better ideas

Really, it goes without saying, but whatever you do just don't play Shadow Dragon
>>
>>3781863
Whats wrong with shadow dragon

Besides the horrible 3D prerendered graphics
>>
>>3781863
Thanks for the answer. I´m going to play the original.
>>
File: dragirls.jpg (33KB, 510x443px) Image search: [Google]
dragirls.jpg
33KB, 510x443px
>>3781880
>the horrible 3D prerendered graphics

There definitely is that, yeah
But it's also generally considered the worst in the series for good reason
Mainly, because it was a remake but instead of implementing new, convenient mechanics in the series it took a step backwards and tried to be "faithful," which essentially ended up in it being less fun than the original despite the new hardware (something I'm desperately playing Echoes doesn't replicate)
Also unit bloat with new literally who characters, the tutorial that forces you to kill somebody, etc.
It just was not the same experience- if you enjoy it great, but I'm pretty sure more players didn't than those that did

>>3781881
Good luck and hope you enjoy it, OP
If the archaic systems don't bother you, Gaiden is worth a try too
And one of the more notable things about 1 is if you know where the secret shops are and stack stat boosters, you can break the game over your knee so hard that it makes modern emblems look actually difficult
Thus, I wouldn't recommend playing that way for obvious reasons, but it's good if you purposely want to powertrip
>>
>>3781897
>Also unit bloat with new literally who characters, the tutorial that forces you to kill somebody, etc.
What's so special about that?
>>
>>3782083
it's just a common complaint, bad design decision
the new units are actually pretty cute, but I don't remember them doing much
New Mystery fixes pretty much everything, but Shadow Dragon remains a blemish on the series' name to most of the fanbase
>>
>>3782085
Do you normally go through strategy games without killing anything?
Could you even do that in the original games?
>>
>>3782101
oh
no anon, the tutorial forces you to kill one of YOUR own units
I'm not sure if you could skip it or not, you might've been able to
But it's common to see that complained about because it's just a ????? thing to even be included
A good chunk of SRPG players like to go full autism about restarting when their units die, so making you doom one of your units to unavoidable death is basically a slap in the face
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.