[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home Emulation Stations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Pi2ModB1GB_-comp.jpg (3MB, 4224x2394px) Image search: [Google]
Pi2ModB1GB_-comp.jpg
3MB, 4224x2394px
So I'd like to make a home emulation station to hook up to my TV, but I'm trying to pick the right kinda machine.
Intially thought of getting a Raspberry Pi and running Retropie on it, but would that be able to handle a PS1 game like Policenauts?
Would I be better off with a small custom built PC?

Mostly I wanna use it for PC Engine, 8-16 bit stuff, and maybe some Dreamcast stuff.
>>
Dreamcast, realistically, should be on a more powerful platform.
However, RPI3 does up to PS1 near-flawlessly on Recalbox.

I love mine.
>>
>>3781558
A friend of mine just wanted DC emulation just for Jojo, but shouldn't MAME handle that fine?
>>
>>3781578
MAME would handle it better than DC
>>
>>3781578
Yes RPi3 can play JoJo really well
Get one of these
http://arcadeforge.net/PiJamma/PI2SCART-Preorder::264.html?language=en
>>
>>3781589
Holy shit this is finally a thing
Thanks for the link
>>
>>3781479
I'd get a Core 2 Duo/Quad SFF tower off ebay. It'll be more powerful at roughly the same cost (when you factor in that you have to buy a power adapter for the pi.
>>
You could always buy an Odroid if you need more power.
>>
>>3781908
Raspberry Pi 4 will eventually come out and they are backward compatible. It has more accessory.
>>
>>3781479
yes, it handles ps1 fine. even my pi2 can play Koudelka (but you should get a pi3)
>>
Raspberry Pi is useless because of all the serious input lag.
>>
>>3781479
>Intially thought of getting a Raspberry Pi
For gods sake man, just build a small PC.
>>
I understand why people use rpis to do this, but I'm not enough of a hobbyist to put in all the work. I've been using the same cheap little laptop from nearly a decade ago neatly tucked under my audio receiver for years. It emulates everything up to PS1 just fine.

Bluetooth controller which also wakes the laptop means I never even have to pull it out for anything.
>>
>>3781479
You have 5 dollars C2D PCs on EBay and you decide to go for a RPi3? WHY?!
>>
>>3782384
~t. collectorfag who has never even seen an rpi in real life
>>
>>3782384
don't use USB or BT for your controller interface. see all those GPIO pins on top of the Pi? of course you don't
>>
I'll ask here.
/vr, i wanted to make a webm of Ruff'n'tumble on FS-UAE under Ubuntu 16.04 to show the weird flickering of the player sprite, but webm had no such thing. In warp mode (no sound, no fps limit) there is no flickering too, and sometimes after the disabling warp mode, so my guess this shit is FPS-related. Can someone tell me if it is possible to set frame limit for FS-UAE somehow, or suggest other ways of dealing with it?
Pic kinda related.
>>
>>3782384
Rpi3 and RetroPie user here. You're full of shit.
>>
>>3781479
There is no reason ever to use a memeberry. If you want shit use a cheaper more powerful pi or some android box. inb4 memeberryfags ironically unironically shriek muh lag.
Just use a PC.

>>3783042
Collectorfag who has a bunch of memeberries here. Emulation will always have lag and on low powered devices like pis it will be even more noticeable.

Memeberries are under powered overpriced shit. All you babies ITT screaming about them are only broadcasting your ignorance. If want to use a pi at least don't use the worst possible one and then come fedora tipping.
>>
>>3783870
>memeberry xD
Nice allegory.
>>
>>3783870
>memeberry
Post discarded
>>
>>3783995
>jewgold discarded
A fool and his money, ya know.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.