[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a problem. When I try to play some old games, there are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 24587_boxshot_1.jpg (1MB, 1415x2000px) Image search: [Google]
24587_boxshot_1.jpg
1MB, 1415x2000px
I have a problem. When I try to play some old games, there are some games where the code of the game doesn't seem to limit the APM of AI, or there doesn't seem to be cap to the AI. What I mean is that, I've played games with modern PC where the AI has been doing incredible sheningans, probably due to extra cycles from faster CPU I have now than 15 years before. It's not always limited to stradegy/rts games either, because I noticed this bug on game "outwars". There was one training level where you're pitted against fellow soldiers (deathmatch style), and they would swap weapons instantaneously while firing me, something I don't recall happening when playing it on "appropriate" hardware.

So what happens is since there's no soft cap, the AI will do either faster, or extra calculations with the newer hardware.

I'm fearful that the same would apply for the game in the picture, making the game unplayable if the AI can perform too many actions too fast.

Anyone have similar experiences when playing some old games? Are there any workarounds?
>>
anyone?
>>
>>3780452
you should be able to downclock your CPU easily.
>>
>>3782348
If trying to use some software to run game with lower cycles (be it dosbox, or some external software for the older windows games), the game will have problems and the audio will sound bad.
>>
I wonder if it could have something to do with fps.. maybe fps locking with some software could solve it
>>
>>3782520
you lock the cycle count on Dosbox
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.