[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gameboy camera issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 14862728405411562819145.jpg (963KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
14862728405411562819145.jpg
963KB, 1836x3264px
Well I feel jipped, but I guess I should've known better with such an old device that I paid little for.
Paid like $6~ for a Gameboy camera and was hoping to play around with it, but unfortunately it seems the camera itself is unresponsive. While the game loads up fine, I'm unable to take pictures, pic related, and even if I wanted to take a picture I'm unable to delete what I assume is blank memory as there seems to be blank images, but the device says I have no space to take more pictures. I'm probably better off just buying another in the future since I think the device is pretty interesting albeit primitive, but I guess I'm here to get false hope in salvaging this cheap purchase in anyway? If not it's fine, I could return it.
>>
>>3780021
Try clearing the save, and open the cart up to make sure the camera didn't come loose.
>>
>>3780053
I cleared the save in two ways, I went through the the edit menu and when I tried deleting the data the game basically soft locked, while the music was still playing I couldn't do anything, then I tried deleting the data by holding select and start before the game booted up and it still didn't seem to work. I had opened up the device earlier and everything seemed to be just fine for the most part, nothing looked bad from what I could tell. I could try opening again to give you a look.
>>
File: 14862756568681386179356.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
14862756568681386179356.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
>>3780067
Welp here it is
>>
>>3780072
Here's the front, I haven't been able to open the actual camera since I don't have the appropriate screwdriver size as the screws on the camera lens seem to be smaller than the others.
>>
File: 1486275804410-392393277.jpg (1018KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1486275804410-392393277.jpg
1018KB, 1836x3264px
>>3780073
Whoops I'm dumb
>>
>>3780021
anon why don't you just buy a new one? they're like $15 max
>>
>>3780090
Probably gonna do that tomorrow, gonna wake up, return it and see if they have another, or call their other store to see if they have one. The other store sold theirs for like $10~ so that's not bad.
I'm probably better off just doing that than meddling with the device even further.
Looking at what was available this thing is pretty cool, aside from the silly digital camera, I really like the music creator despite being limited to short loops.
>>
Have you ever replaced a battery in a gb/gba game? Common with pokemon games. Dead battery = inability to save data and depending on how the camera uses the memory it could be the source of the camera not working.

It requires some basic electrical engineering knowledge and the ability to desolder.

probably better sending it back. -.-
>>
>>3780072
>>3780076
I don't see anything immediately wrong here, but I'm going to hazard a guess and say there's something wrong with the SRAM. The camera uses the SRAM both for buffering the image from the camera and for storing saved pictures, so it would explain why those features aren't working.

Try replacing the save battery. If that doesn't work, you might have to send it to someone who can solder on a new SRAM chip.
>>
>>3780103
Yikes, don't know how to do that, and I probably should learn for future convenience with how GB game battery's die, and I don't know anyone who can replace it.
I'm going to listen to >>3780102 and just send it back.
>>
>>3780104
It's actually really easy to replace the save battery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38wUFc0ZDwM

All you need is a CR2025 watch battery (available at pretty much any electronics store/supermarket), a small knife, and some electrical tape.

If you want to send it back that's fine, but it is easy to do.
>>
>>3780104

I mean for $6 and the inconvenience of going to the post office I would take the risk to try to learn to do something nerd-useful like that.

If it appeals to you. lol
>>
>>3780108
I actually got it from a game shop I enjoy going to.
I should probably keep it and take the risk, I guess it's just $6, and the trip is pretty far.
>>
>>3780106
Oh that actually sounds much easier, I actually have electrical tape, and I thought I had the correct battery, but I unfortunately have a CR2032 instead. I'll get the correct one tomorrow, thanks for the heads up.
>>
File: 1486284228037-2043737282.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1486284228037-2043737282.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
WELP A COUPLE OF TUTORIAL VIDEOS LATER AND I FUCKING BOTCHED IT
I WAS FUCKING SO CLOSE TOO
I'M RETARDED INCARNATE
>>
>>3780247
>WELP A COUPLE OF TUTORIAL VIDEOS LATER AND I FUCKING BOTCHED IT
>I WAS FUCKING SO CLOSE TOO
>I'M RETARDED INCARNATE
Just solder a tabbed battery. Super easy. Great for a first soldering project
>>
>>3780247
>I'M RETARDED INCARNATE
Explains why you feel at home here. You should be putting in a holder anyway.
>>
>>3780247
I would recommend soldering it back on, but considering that you have all the trappings of a normie """retro gamer""":

1. bought item from store with no expertise
2. attempted to fix said item by opening it without any idea how to do said fixing
3. end up fucking breaking it

It would probably be way beyong your mental capacity. you really are something special
>>
>>3780247
You're supposed to desolder those tabs where they attach to the board. The new battery will have them spot welded on, and the old ones are useless to you anyway. Take off the remaining tab, and also remove whatever remains of the one you broke. Just don't go prying on anything if the solder isn't in a melted state.
>>
File: laugh.png (138KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.png
138KB, 375x375px
>>3780247
This is the second time today I've seen somebody fuck up something Gameboy related.
>>
>>3780247

>people falling for the fucking meme game boy battery replacement without soldering videos

those are clickbait anon, you should know better, or at least fucking ask us first
>>
>>3780274
This!
>>
You should be able to find a CR2025 for next to nothing on amazon or ebay and they come with the soldering tabs.
>>
>>3780247
I've legitimately never seen that happen. I'm kind of amazed.

That said, you haven't damaged anything beyond repair. If you don't know how to solder it back in, a bit of electrical tape should fix it. Just place the prong back onto that metal pad, put some tape over it, put the battery in between the prongs and wrap it in electrical tape.
>>
>>3781689
Soldering is required if you're doing NES/SNES carts, but Game Boy carts are packed tightly enough that electrical tape should work fine.
>>
>>3780957
>normie
>"""
>mental capacity
>take anything I say seriously
Top kek kid
>>
>>3782559
You're trying too hard to fit in newfag
>>
>>3782602
You're projecting and ass mad newfrogfag
>>
>>3780957
it's like you didn't even read the thread.

i guess your dad taught you to fix gameboys when you were 6 and sucking on his dick?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.