[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SEGA Saturn General Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

Let's talk about the Saturn.

Is your Saturn modded yet? I'm too lazy.

I bought some Saturn games today, all of them Japanese imports. Which ones would you recommend? Imports are cool.

>Dragon Force
>Asuka 120%
>House of The Dead
>Waku Waku 7
>Guardian Heroes
>Burning Rangers
>Deep Fear
>Daino Airan
>Shining Wisdom
>Slayers Royal

Is Radiant Silvergun worth 200 buckaroonies?
>>
I got a Saturn and a broken Genesis with Toejam a couple months ago for $25 on CL.

I modded it but have hardly used it. Load times on Sonic 3D Blast are abysmal. Is that normal? I think the CD drive might be slightly fucked.
>>
>>3779771
>triple 32-bit processing power
If that was Atari, they would've said that made the system 96-bit.
>>
im staying away from saturn piracy until that new method of piracy in the back of the console is done and easily available.
like its seriously going to be something you plug in the back and will run games from usb/sd or something.

right now i stick with the ssf emulator, but it sucks to juggle different versions
>>
>>3779771
I remember getting a Saturn used back in '97 and I immediately had it modded with a switch on the side to change regions. It is a tank of a system and still works to this day. However, of my 3 Sega Saturn systems (got 2 more Japanese ones), only that modded US one works with what I just got in this pic.

Around that time, no one wanted Saturn games, and they were all really cheap, both Japanese and US games. That's how I amassed most of my 250+ games for the system. I keep learning of cool games I want to play on the system, but the prices are out of hand now. So the only solution is to get this drive replacement.

The games you got are pretty good, some of my favorites for the system. For recommendation, I would say Keio Yuugekitai: Katsugekihen as it is wonderfully quirky and I still am very amused by its visual humor. Also the Panzer Dragoon games on the system, both the rail shooters and RPG, are impressive and outstanding to me.

Radiant Silvergun was pretty impressive looking to me. It also is nice having the composers of Final Fantasy Tactics continue their sound tradition for the game's music. I like it but all the Saturn and Treasure haters on 4chan will have words against it. I got it for $55 new back in its day, but I don't think it is worth paying $200 especially now that you can get the game on Xbox 360 (and Xbox One) for $10 or less. As a warning for the Xbox version, I do not feel that the stock controllers work well with the game, as the logic of the button layout is well suited to the Saturn's pad. It may be my old muscle memory though.
>>
>>3779771
>Print media before SJWs

I miss those days...
>>
>>3779771
You're better off getting the 360 remake of Radiant Silvergun. Most remakes are garbage but RS (and also Guardian Heroes even though you own it) are well worth checking out. A used 360+RS is much cheaper than importing it on Saturn. Also, personally, if I legally own a game on one platform, I have no problem making backups of other versions of the game.
>>
File: SATURN ALIENWARE.jpg (4MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
SATURN ALIENWARE.jpg
4MB, 4272x2848px
>>3783390
You only have one?
>>
File: On_the_bed_to_sleep_with.jpg (691KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
On_the_bed_to_sleep_with.jpg
691KB, 2592x1944px
>>3783569
Yeah, just recently got it. I can barely afford one. In addition, Io doesn't often have the items available, so I miss out most of the time. It is very difficult to balance when it is available with being able to afford it. I hate being poor.
>>
>>3783390
>>3783569

Holy shit, did that Australian who hacked the mpeg expansion slot finally deliver a piracy solution
>>
>>3783621
>can't afford $150 SD Loader
>can afford $1000+ worth of originals

get fucked with a rake, you hypocrite.

>>3783628
he is too busy raising his child. He made it open source though, so just ask the mame or yabause devs to do something with it.
>>
>>3783621
where's Elevator Action Returns
>>
>>3779771
>BEAUTIFUL, NAKED WOMAN

looks like a tranny
>>
File: My_only_way_to_play_SegaCD.jpg (546KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
My_only_way_to_play_SegaCD.jpg
546KB, 2592x1944px
>>3783628
Io is from Poland, and they are just drive replacements. Even though all of my Saturns still function, it is nice to have a backup solution in case of drive failure. At this time SD cards are aplenty.

>>3783635
I got most of my Sega Saturn games back when no one wanted them. My poverty forces me to the bargain bin and Sega. None of those pictured cost me more than the original price (most expensive being Silvergun at $55USD because I got that new). There was a time when Saturn games were just $5USD each, how else could I have 250+ games for the system? Certainly never at my minimum wage. Currently at $7.50 an hour (meaning after taxes that's not even $5 an hour) in addition to "full time" being determined by every individual employer so I only get 3-4 days a week (but more time to play my games), flipping burgers as a wageslave means I am already fucked by a rake. The SD Loader was only affordable to me because it is time for tax returns in my country.

>>3783647
According to satakore.com, that's one of the 85 games I still want. It's super expensive now, so I will likely not ever get it. Played the game in MAME, it's very nice.
>>
>>3779771
>i'm too poor
Sucks to be you. Modded Saturns are $5 here so yes, I have several modded ones. Radiant is worth the cost of a CD-R

>>3781246
If you wait long enough you can just make a NIB one with a few replicator credits

>>3783390
Never heard of a mod chip?
>>
>>3783670
Trans women are beautiful.
>>
>>3786162
>Trans
>women
Pick one
No seriously, pick one already.
>>
File: u.png (25KB, 674x217px) Image search: [Google]
u.png
25KB, 674x217px
>>3786558
>>
>>3786637
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>3786656
>she
>>
>>3786162
Are you aware that mentality is what causes people to be transphobic in the first place? Putting them on a pedestal just angers people who have genuine problems.
>>
>>3786659
....has no style, she has no grace?

>>3786703
Let me guess, all lives matter?
>>
>>3786703
Actually it's the biological drive to perpetuate ones species that causes guys to like girls. Or as you call it be "transphobic". Because you're so understanding an inclusive. kek.
>>
>>3787598
>she
>>
>>3788123
....has no style, she has no grace?
>>
>>3786656
It's a magic spell, turns you into a girl if you run it in Qbasic.
>>
>>3783621
>Metal black saturn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc00b5882K0

Metal black final stage it's one of the trippiest things in a video game.
>>
File: IMG_20170208_232112_DRO.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170208_232112_DRO.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>3783621
My collection minus some.

(Signed Zero 3 by-the-way.)
>>
File: saturn pile.jpg (561KB, 1631x1080px) Image search: [Google]
saturn pile.jpg
561KB, 1631x1080px
>>3788610
Is Gunblaze any good?
>>
My Saturn is unmodded, all I have is an Action Replay 4M Plus.

However my Saturn collection is definitely the most valuable collection I have as it includes PDZ and SFZ3.

Otherwise I'm a bit disappointed by my Saturn collection. I don't think I have many games you can actually beat on the system (so no Bug! or Clockwork Knight, etc.)
>>
Legit question here, was there a reason to own this console if you didn't live in Japan? I had a Playstation and knew some of those games had Saturn versions, but I literally can't name a single Saturn exclusive off the top of my head.
>>
>>3788119
Yeah, that definitely explains gays. I think you're onto something here, mate.
>>
>>3781224
shouldn't be particularly long. Are you burning your discs at a slow enough speed? You may have a fucked disc burner.
>>
>>3789774
it may not have had a huge western library, but the library in the west is still bigger than the n64's library. I think you need to do some research - Saturn has many iconic games.
>>
I have a model 2 ntsc saturn. Got it back in 02. Region modded it n then got a cdr modchip in like 05. No longer need the region mod but in 2013 i svideo modded it. Looks lovely on a 27" sony vega
>>
>>3789787
I really am curious about it. Just feel like I would have heard of them by now is all, which leads me to believe there isn't much to be had. I do know of Panzer Dragoon actually, so that's 1 game lol
>>
>>3789814
There's the panzer dragoon trilogy, radiant silvergun, nights into dreams, burning rangers, house of the dead, virtua cop 1 & 2 and virtua fighter 2. I think there's a lot for you to discover and you'll be very happy to have looked into and experienced the platform.
>>
>>3789808
doesn't the saturn natively do s-video? We got in some s-video with RCA stereo audio cables a customer had in a trade in about a week or two ago.
>>
>>3789823
Mine is hooked up via S-Video and I did nothing fancy with it.
>>
>>3789821
>radiant silvergun
I'd heard of this one too, but I thought it was J only?
>>
>>3789839
amazing game play transcends language barriers m8
>>
>>3789843
Well sure, and I get that, but above I had asked about games in the west. See post >>3789774
>>
>>3789779
>i missed the one day they covered evolution in HS biology
>>
>>3790026
>>3789839
Does it matter if it is Japan only? It's a shmup with an English menu, and you can buy it from ebay as easy as you could any other game.
>>
Any way I can replace batteries without losing my saves? Flashed my AR cart so that won't work.
>>
>>3789774
Shining Force
Virtua Fighter
Fighters megamix
Last Bronx
Guardian Heroes

Were some of my favourites. Unless you don't include Arcade ports as exclusives.
>>
>>3783703
>satakore.com

Just wanted to say thanks for bringing this site to my attention.
>>
Anyone know what the characters are saying in the ending cutscenes in Bulk Slash?
>>
>>3790474
Having fun on your first day?
>>
File: You_have_what_I_want.jpg (792KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
You_have_what_I_want.jpg
792KB, 2592x1944px
>>3783801
Heard of it, but back then all I wanted was the switch to play Japanese games as well as the US games.

>>3788579
Oh yeah, I remember playing it in an arcade, and I mentioned to some friends that I remembered a game in my past where it constantly spews out red-blue-yellow tri-sphere powerups, a beached battleship in the desert lifted by a mechanical lobster, etc. To which my friends identified the game as Metal Black, and even more surprising there was a Saturn release, so I had to get the game. It is still very fun for me and a local arcade just 10 minutes away even has the game too.

>>3788610
Dammit, you have what I want. Also made me search around to find I may not have Super Real Mahjong PV on Saturn (I swore I had it somewhere, I have it on PCE, but the Saturn one is strangely missing). Congratulations, I am jealous.

>>3789718
I do not have the Bug! nor Clockwork Knight games either, they looked ugly to me back then. It is strange how the prices of the system's games have skyrocketed, since I do remember getting everything for relatively cheap.

>>3789808
The Saturn has official composite, S-video, and RGB cables (maybe even RF cables, but I never checked). Why would you mod the system for something it already does by default?

>>3790389
Yeah, it is a great site. I got bored one day at work and started to mark what I do have for the system, and was surprised with how much I actually had. Wish there was a similar resource for other systems.
>>
>>3789823
I could never get a hold of stock svideo cables. I didnt even know they existed til after the mod. But i dont mind. The mod took like 20 minutes. Only cost about 2$ to buy a female svideo port and the red/white rca ports.
>>
>>3789823
>doesn't the saturn natively do s-video?
Yes.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.