[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The only good Ultima are 7, serpent isle and the two underworld

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Ultima-7-The-Black-Gate-Review.jpg (116KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Ultima-7-The-Black-Gate-Review.jpg
116KB, 720x405px
The only good Ultima are 7, serpent isle and the two underworld
>>
3-6 are good, the rest suck
>>
Eh I had a lot of fun playing 8 once I got a computer fast enough to run it. There were some really interesting and captivating quests and character development was pretty solid. That intro scene where that execution happens on the docks was crazy to my young brain.
>>
>>3778517
>7
>bad
>>
>How much more black could it be?
>>
9 was fucking excellent
>>
>>3778835
Combat in 7 could have been better. Not to mention the companions' near-constant need to eat. Lots of unpatched bugs, too.
>>
They were all just terrible. Each was missing one crucial aspect that held it back. It's like they were designed to be slow and clunky so you would spend forever playing the game. Graphics being shit only applies to that platforming one, the one that actually pushed graphics as being important.
>>
File: ultima 8 sucks starter kit 2.jpg (199KB, 968x628px) Image search: [Google]
ultima 8 sucks starter kit 2.jpg
199KB, 968x628px
Why do cucks hate Ultima 8?
>>
>>3779484
Shit platforming over instant-death lakes
Every treasure chest is wired to explode for literally no reason even if you have the key it makes no difference
Weapons are limited to one-handed ones - no two-handed swords, no polearms, no bows, no guns etc.

It's the little things like that.
>>
>>3779631
>Every treasure chest is wired to explode for literally no reason even if you have the key it makes no difference

That lie was perpetuated by that faggot in the OP because he didn't play the patched version

Nice try, retard
>>
>>3779631
>parroting memes instead of forming your own opinions
>>
>>3780037
>patched version
Right, but many people where exposed to the shitty version for a long time and it explains why people hate it
>>
>>3780037
>B-but it's patched!
>>
>>3780092
That doesn't justify ignorance

That's like only playing the DOS version of Street Fighter 2 and acting like everyone hates it/thinks its a bad game

>>3780158
Yes, patches make some bad games good

I know it's heretical to consider downloadable anything as a good thing on /vr/, but yeah.
>>
>>3780037
>>3780051
>>3780092
>the only problems of U8 are jumps and explosive chest
RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
>>
>>3780289
One of his main bitch complaints was

>Oh wah wah i gotta play a not so good guy but i'm le avaturd!!!!1

As somebody who is ACTUALLY old enough to have played and beaten U8, there is literally nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>3780293
>As somebody who is ACTUALLY old enough to have played and beaten U8

t. nostalgia
>>
As a Tibia lover, Ultima 7 was love at first sight! I read some of Ultima lore and decided to go from 4 and beyond but I kind of got lazy to finish it... for people born in the 90s and beyond I think we're not enough used to real old RPGs (thats my assumption though) but eventually I'll beat it along 5 and 6.

>>3779384
Agreed but its not bad either but disagree badly on "the companions' near-constant need to eat", you have to give food that will fill them up for long enough.
I think the game perfect atmosphere compensates very well though.
>>
>>3778489
Did the Jewny One tell you that in between cry sessions?
>>
File: Ultima 1.jpg (115KB, 375x533px) Image search: [Google]
Ultima 1.jpg
115KB, 375x533px
I really enjoy Ultima 1, it's a shame it always gets hate or, more likely, forgotten about. The controls are so simple and the gameplay is fast as fuck. I actually enjoy it more than the original Legend of Zelda (Zelda 1 is great though).

I wish someone else would come along and do a more indepth Ultima retrospective that actually covers all the games
>>
I know the Underworld games are very different from the other Ultima games, but what's a good place to start? I still have Ultima 4 downloaded. Would it be okay to start there?
>>
File: like_a_text_adventure.png (29KB, 622x600px) Image search: [Google]
like_a_text_adventure.png
29KB, 622x600px
>>3779484
> Ultima VIII
> sandbox
what colour is the sky in your world?
>>
File: u1_worldmap_annotated.png (18KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
u1_worldmap_annotated.png
18KB, 658x658px
>>3782854
You could probably re-implement Ultima I ni javascript. ... hmm.
>>
>>3783312
Ultimate 4 is really where the series starts becoming Ultima more or less

First three games are good, especially 3 but they feel like groundwork and rough drafts for Ultima 4
>>
Ultima 4 is my favorite of the series. Sure there's a lot of monster-bashing, but that's not the point of the game. It was cool how it was more important to perform right actions to become the Avatar; it wasn't just >kill monstas ta win, ya. Maybe it was the proto-Undertale?

Also, there's no one final boss, just a long endurance run through the final dungeon.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.