[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreamcast and VGA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: toro vga box.png (68KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
toro vga box.png
68KB, 500x283px
I want to hook my Dreamcast to a modern LCD display via VGA. I'm considering getting one of the Behar Bros VGA boxes; Kuro, Hanzo, Toro. (I am open to other suggestions too)

Currently tossing up between Kuro (barebones VGA output) and the Toro (VGA+SCART output+ scanline generator). Can anyone with any of these boxes tell me how the scanlines look on a modern LCD display?
>>
>LCD
Dropped.
>>
>>3777924
Be careful with that company, they're from some Arab country and their aftersales support is bogus.
>>
>>3777924
Don't fall for the Behar Bros VGA box meme. I bought the Hanzo and one of RCA inputs for audio came defective so it only outputs mono instead of stereo sound.
>>
>>3777924
Just get a $15 cable from eBay.
>>
If you're using an LCD scart is pointless. Scanlines also will only look good on 2D games so that one depends on which games you're going to play.
>>
>>3777924

I have a hanzo and a toro. Havent had any issues or problems with them. They shipped fast from Turkey, the Behar Bros are legit but obviously more expensive then a standard vga cable/box.

However, the scan line generators/options are kinda shitty. They just really don't look that good. It's a great VGA box. The Toro also has SCART which is great for games like BANGAI-O and the 20 or so games which can't do VGA. But if you are buying it with the intent to use the scanline generator I think you'll be disappointed.

You should find an old VGA PC CRT monitor anyway. You can still play light gun games with a VGA connection on the dreamcast but you still need the CRT.
>>
>>3777924
Get the most expensive one so that when you find out your TV doesn't support the DC signal there will be maximum assmad.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.