[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overrated old games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1485403342116.png (108KB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
1485403342116.png
108KB, 255x191px
Picrel- simulator of walking
>>
>>3776661
actually is doom with bows, but less fun and much more frustriating untill you reach something like 20+ level
>>
>>3776661
>"overrated"
>dozens of slavs remember it
>>
>>3776661
what an awful opinion
>>
MM6 is a lot more overrated than 7.
Neither is that old.
>>
>>3776750
>Neither is that old
Which makes pc gaming at that time really pathetic. You could have had wonderfull adventures on PSX while PC rpgs(with exceptions like fallout or diablo) were walking simulators at that time. I'm looking at you, TES, Wizardry and other crap.
>>
>>3776756
So any first person game is a walking simulator to you?
What about PS1 ports of the Wizardry games?
>>
>>3776781
>So any first person game is a walking simulator to you?

I undestand you meant first person RPGs becouse otherwise this statement can be easily ridiculed.

No, it can be done properly. More content less copy-pasting and reduntant gameplay involving walking. Vampire- blood lines did it nicely.

>What about PS1 ports of the Wizardry games?
Never heard anybody playing that crap when they could play final fantasy or diablo for example
>>
>>3776786
You spend a lot more time walking in Diablo than in Wizardry where every step too much can spell your doom.
Diablo also has plenty of palette swaps and repetitiveness so I don't really see why you'd like it.
>>
>>3776803
>diablo 1 walking
you didn't understand. Diablo 1 the only walking you need to do is a few seconds to slash your enemies. You turn on fast in options once you clear the level and head for the exit.

On the other hand, TES games, might and magic and many other PC rpgs involve walking huge distances over planes etc.
>>
>>3776803
Sorry, I mistook Wizardry with another series i knew, so the walking argument is a miss. Wizardry is still a shitty game nevertheless.
>>
>>3776661
MM6 is a flying simulator not a walking simulator.

>>3776750
MM7 is mostly decline from MM6 and the new features weren't balanced/playtested properly.
>>
>>3776934
>decline

Go back to rpgcodex.

Just kidding.

But yeah, spot on about mm6 being a flying simulator.
>>
>>3776891
>You turn on fast in options once you clear the level and head for the exit.
What kind of Diablo 1 did you play?
Hellfire added a walk/run option and that only works in the town.
>>
>>3777007
PSX version
>>
>>3777078
PSX turbo speed boost is available both in village and in dungeons.
>>
>>3777078
>>3777086
Yeah, that wasn't a feature in the original. The PS1 definitely wasn't a walking sim, far from it. No, it was a series of long loading screens with some brief bits of gameplay in between (and no multiplayer).
>>
>>3777093
>no multiplayer
I think you havent played the game. The loading times were good for PSX game. It had 2 coop play
>>
>>3777093
>and no multiplayer
I distinctly remember my friend complaining that I would constantly hit him with arrows while he was trying to melee stuff.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.