[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best Dune game /vr/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Dune (U) (Front).jpg (87KB, 414x700px) Image search: [Google]
Dune (U) (Front).jpg
87KB, 414x700px
What's the best Dune game /vr/?
>>
Dune II is the only game.
>>
File: Sting Harkonnen.jpg (73KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
Sting Harkonnen.jpg
73KB, 400x533px
>>3775965
The one you posted, except the PC DOS version, with an Adlib Gold + surround add-on board.

It's sort of a point n click adventure game, spiced with resource management, that later turns into a not-quite-real-time strategy game. You can also get the ending in multiple ways (either nuke open the Harkonnen palace, or grow shitloads of vegetation around it and it will get abandoned). You can also just go around the globe exploring uncharted parts, to find gear and more importantly to mine on.

It also uses the movie designs, and has incredibly good music.

Dune II was okay, but a bit clunky by todays standards. Dune 2000 was a remake of it IIRC, but still clunky since it was a Red Alert mod. Maybe you can play it with OpenRA, I dunno.

Emperor: Battle for Dune was the zenith of the Dune RTS games though. It had so many great elements, and single player had some nice twists too.

So it's either the first Dune game, or Emperor.
>>
>>3776010
>The one you posted, except the PC DOS version

Didn't that version have awkward zoom-ins on the faces of people you talked to which happened seemingly at random? That used to creep me out.
>>
>>3776010
I WILL KILL HIM
>>
I'm partial to Battle for Arrakis.

...God, was the movie lame. I had almost forgotten how lame it was.
>>
I've heard emperor: battle for dune is the best.

somewhat unrelated, I don't think anyone will make a proper adaptation (or sequel/prequel) of the original novels . nothing has even come close.
>>
>>3776010
>surround add-on board
could you explain pls ?
>>
File: SLUS-00973-F-ALL.jpg (467KB, 1397x1407px) Image search: [Google]
SLUS-00973-F-ALL.jpg
467KB, 1397x1407px
I had this when I was a wee lad and remember enjoying it, mostly for the FMVs I think. Still my only contact with the Dune franchise.
>>
>>3775970
This
It really influenced later RTS games
>>
>>3776403
>...God, was the movie lame. I had almost forgotten how lame it was.
what did you just say you faggot ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8-eiBqri0U

also agree for dune II best dune game
>>
>>3776403
My uncle lost his mind over TBFA. He'd spend entire nights trying to crack particularly tough missions and beat them long before we did, like Atreides mission 4. It basically got him into computers too, once we told him that the Genesis game was a port of a DOS game, and that Westwood also made some crazy new bullshit called Command and Conquer. I remember him handing us a disk with the Super Dune II mod on it some time in the late 90s and told us he'd give 20 bucks to anyone who could beat the first Mercenary mission in one shot. No one ever got the 20 bucks.
>>
>>3776423
>>3776526
Those 2 are the best imo
>>
File: korea.png (28KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
korea.png
28KB, 640x478px
>>3776034
yes.

>>3776520
The Adlib Gold had an optional surround board that added a YM7128 to create surround and echo effects. Note that this was in 1992, way before Creative allowed for similar effects on their cards, and Gravis could only do it in software.

check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDudAahpoGA
>>
>>3776403
My uncle lost his mind over TBFA. He'd spend entire nights trying to crack particularly tough missions and beat them long before we did, like Atreides mission 4. It basically got him into computers too, once we told him that the Genesis game was a port of a DOS game, and that Westwood also made some crazy new bullshit called Command and Conquer. I remember him handing us a disk with the Super Dune II mod on it some time in the late 90s and told us he'd give 20 bucks to anyone who could beat the first Mercenary mission in one shot. No one ever got the 20 bucks.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.