[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy Grail of Consoles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 35747-Super_Mario_Kart_(USA)-10.jpg (141KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
35747-Super_Mario_Kart_(USA)-10.jpg
141KB, 800x600px
how come everyone these days treats the Super Nintendo like it's the holy grail of game consoles?
For the longest time (before social media got huge) it was all about n64 or dreamcast
Is it because its the first console all the mid 20s bandwagon collectors ever played?
you can only play mario so many times senpai
and if you're "hardcore" the NES or genesis is better
>mario kart dope af tho mates
>>
>>3774269
Because it's arguably the best console Nintendo ever put out, and pretty much every character in Smash Bros. has a game on the system that was considered the best of their franchise.

>you can only play mario so many times
If you think the SNES was only mario, you're kind of a retard.
>>
>Is it because its the first console all the mid 20s bandwagon collectors ever played?
Mid 20 year old hipsters grew up with the N64/GBcolor.
If anything, they collect SNES because they only caught the tail-end of its life.
>>
>>3774269

>how come everyone these days treats the Super Nintendo like it's the holy grail of game consoles?

Because its good?
Because it has good 1st party titles in every genre, and a lot of good 3rd party ones?
Because its the retro consoles who has "aged" the best in terms of graphics, difficulty and gameplay?
>>
>Another shitty console wars thread
Hidden.
>>
>>3774279
>pretty much every character in Smash Bros. has a game on the system

This is definitely the extend of what Nintendo fans demand when it comes to quality.
>>
>>3774269
I understand OP You're halfway to how I feel right now. It's that I've understood the fact that everyone has their own personal tastes and in retrospect to a lot of people the super nintendo stands out to them. I like my genesis and saturn and dreamcast but lots of people just have never played space harrier much less consider it a classic.

It's not like Super nintendo games are bad either they're fun. So just let people enjoy what they enjoy and recommend games you enjoy to them when you can.
>>
>>3774285
I mean maybe if they were richfags
I was playing SNES up until like 2000 or so
>>
Every game I ever played in it was playable as opposed to games I could touch on other systems (psx,n64,ps2,etc) and I would rather break the game than play it because it sucked so bad.

Controllers had a reasonable amount of buttons. I thought the one L+R in addition to the other buttons were the definitive amount.

Fucking controllers now have more than you can even use with two hands.

Hardware lasted. I never had an issue where I needed to blow fucking games out like the NES and my controller NEVER broke even though me and my friend would literally slap controllers out of each others hand.

I think SNES success also had a lot to do with the era (90s). I grew up in that time and also messed with a lot of comics, so I always loved seeing videogame ads in them along with Wizard magazine.

Tips & tricks did the same for me with the N64.
>>
>>3774269

lol wut.

Stack the must play snes titles next to any other console in history. That's why it got it's grail status.
>>
File: IBM model M.jpg (81KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IBM model M.jpg
81KB, 640x360px
>>3774354
>Controllers had a reasonable amount of buttons. I thought the one L+R in addition to the other buttons were the definitive amount.
>Fucking controllers now have more than you can even use with two hands.

This is how you spot a pleb.
>>
>>3774427

>implying he can make use of EVERY button on a keyboard and still play a game.
>>
>>3774269
Because your one of those bandwagon collectors and don't really know what was popular before. Protip: it was the SNES
Dreamcast? Seriously? Did you just learn about it on an LP today and say wow, that's cool?
>>
>>3774269
>Super Nintendo
>>
>>3774269
>using the phrase "holy grail" wrong
>>
>>3775391
Guess Super Mario World doesn't meet those standards. Special zone.
>>
>>3774307
>aged
>>
>>3774269
>before social media got huge
The N64 and Dreamcast were in production during Web 1.0. You can't have nostalgia over something contemporary. Besides, the SNES library is infinitely more interesting and replayable than N64--even if you don't count the many titles which were never localized. I mean, what the hell are you even talking about.
>>
>>3774269
>For the longest time (before social media got huge) it was all about n64 or dreamcast

Thats the most retarded thing I've read in a while. You growing up in that era doesn't mean it ever was "all about" those consoles. Fuck off kid.
>>
>>3774269
>>3774279
N64 was a massive letdown and arguably Nintendo's worst console. It started the trend of no 3rd party support and the company's fall into niche territory. NES and SNES were inarguably the highpoint of big N dominance, quality and game libraries.

Not only are the old 2D games better, their graphics are timeless and don't look like dated messes, which N64 games do thanks to laughable draw distance and offensively ugly texture blur.

N64 a shit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.