[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you recommend one scarcely mentioned PS1 game? All I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (256KB, 830x1278px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
256KB, 830x1278px
Can you recommend one scarcely mentioned PS1 game? All I need is one PS1 game, preferable one with just one disc.
>>
>>3772995
Kartia
>>
Evil Zone. It's a semi-decent 1 button fighter with a very 90s anime aesthetic.
>>
Harmful Park if you want something short and fun.
>>
File: She's staring at a knot.png (89KB, 306x264px) Image search: [Google]
She's staring at a knot.png
89KB, 306x264px
>>3772998
>Evil Zone
God damn I love the music in that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADrKzArFdoQ
>>
Gegege No Kitarou
Gungage
Blade Arts
>>
File: Hoshigami.jpg (17KB, 327x284px) Image search: [Google]
Hoshigami.jpg
17KB, 327x284px
>>3772995
Hoshigami will keep you entertained for a fuck long time and I almost never see it mentioned here. It might be multi-disk now that I think of it.

So if that doesn't float your boat play some Tempest, the PS1 version is awesome.
>>
>>3773068
>Gegege No Kitarou

You like weeb stuff, gramps?
Good game by the way.

Also, OP, Ghost in the Shell. Trust me.
>>
>>3773073
Is there any reason not to play the DS version in English?
>>
>>3773081
No clue, only ever played the PSX version.
>>
>>3773079
I have a soft spot for kid-goth genre. Kind of a 90s cultural thing I guess - It hasn't been co-opped by emos yet has it?
>>
>>3773096
No, I don't think so, Kitarou is an old manga I know because I'm a weeb. I don't even think emos are all that popular anymore gramps, that was a 00s thing.
Kitarou remains sort of obscure for westies, but if some vaporwave or meme artist decides to use Kitarou imagery, prepare for Kitarou memes and what not, like what happened to Urusei Yatsura.
>>
File: lumb2137fa12511t.jpg (18KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
lumb2137fa12511t.jpg
18KB, 300x220px
>>3773105
>like what happened to Urusei Yatsura.
What?!? What happened to Urusei Yatsura?
>>
>>3773113
It was extensively used for visuals on Vaporwave videos.
>>
>>3773119
Ohh. That I can't get upset about at least.
>>
>>3773105
I discovered it through import gaming but I loved the mangas when I went ahead and read them. All that chibi yokai stuff tickles me
>>
>>3772995
Intelligent Qube, if you can call it sparsely mentioned.
>>
File: 37542-Shipwreckers!_[NTSC-U]-1.jpg (163KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
37542-Shipwreckers!_[NTSC-U]-1.jpg
163KB, 600x600px
>>3772995
Shipwreckers/Overboard.
>>
>>3773119
Oh boo hoo.
>>
Speed Power Gunbike

It's fun.
>>
Spider the videogame. You play a spider with weapons and stuff. You can walk on wall and use your web to hang out. Animation is a strong point and music great. A good 2d platformer.
>>
>>3773351
>>3773119
I didn't mean it in a bad way, I'm indifferent to it, but UY got sort of popular, at least superficially, with the vaporwave crowd.
When for the most part, UY remained obscure to the west except for Italy and maybe some other european country that had Lum on TV in the 80s.
>>
File: lum7f62117960.jpg (206KB, 972x1219px) Image search: [Google]
lum7f62117960.jpg
206KB, 972x1219px
>>3773492
As someone who's a long time superfan of Urusei Yatsura and only vaguely aware of what vaporwave is, I can say that anything that brings some popularity to that series is totally cool in my books.
>>
File: lps.jpg (87KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
lps.jpg
87KB, 960x540px
>>3773508
I agree, however most people aren't really aware of UY, they just see Lum and think "oh hey, it's that anime from the vaporwave videos", but still cool, doesn't bother me.
The recent BD released of UY kind of revitalized some interest in the series though, but only with anime fans.
>>
>>3773517
I figure if even 1 person in 10 ow 20 decided to check out the anime because of it then that's awesome.
>>
Terracon
>>
>>3772995
Vandal Hearts
>>
Einhander, if you dig shoot em ups
>>
Micro Maniacs. It's like Micro Machines, but with maniacs. I have no idea if it's actually a good game but 8-year old me loved it
>>
Overblood.
>>
Omega Boost and pic related are worth checking out, oh and Guardian's Crusade
>>
Rhapsody a Musical adventure is a fun little romp
>>
Motherfucking Colony Wars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLlwfYwKBm0
>>
>>3773068
Gungage fucking rocks!
>>
>>3772995

Thread of Hate
>>
>>3772995
silent bomber
very fast-paced for a ps1 title, great action, tight controls, semi-anime sci-fi aesthetics, sorta cheesy story, still great
>>
Critical Depth.

It's Twisted Metal but underwater. Nobody ever talks about it because it's overshadowed by Twisted Metal 2.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.