[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Famicom composite mod

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Nintendo-Famicom-Disk-System.jpg (3MB, 2920x2700px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-Famicom-Disk-System.jpg
3MB, 2920x2700px
So, I've been hunting for a original model Famicom on eBay and I've been seeing these composite modded consoles being sold there, since the original Famicom only supports RF, I found this interesting.

Unfortunately, they only support regular composite cables and I haven't seen which
has the Nintendo Multi-AV Out let alone S-Video or RGB.

Now, my question is, are there any original model Famicom mods with the Nintendo Multi-AV Out and RGB support?

I am looking for one so I can use an SNES HD Retrovision component cable on an original Famicom.

>inb4 look for an NES, you weeb
I prefer the design on the Famicom and I can use an Everdrive anyways to play in English if I wanted to. Also, all NESes only support composite or RF without mods, and if I need mods, I can just go for a Famicom instead.

>inb4 go for the AV Famicom
The microphone is needed for the Japanese versions of games like Kid Icarus, Zelda I and Takeshi no Chousenjou. And the AV Famicom doesn't have the microphone on Player 2. Also, the appearance of the original Famicom is more classic.

Again, I need component cables for it to work on my CRT which only supports composite, S-Video and component..
>>
Short answer is no.

As far as I know nobody has mass produced the Nintendo AV out meaning it'd have to get harvested from another console. Furthermore the Famicom doesn't naturally produce RGB, I am not qualified to explain exactly how its video works but the best you can get from it naturally is composite. There is a board that can be installed to produce RGB but it's not exactly authentic. This board was meant to be fitted in an NES and requires an adapter board and some awkward squeezing and cutting to fit in the much smaller Famicom so people generally go for the AV Famicom instead.

I'd just stick with a composite mod and get an RGB modded AV Famicom for non-microphone purposes.
>>
>>3772912
RGB =/= Component

You need a component encoder for the component cables to work. Installing just the multi out isn't enough. I've never heard of someone installing such a mod anyway. Just go RGB and use a SCART to Component converter to save some money.
>>
>>3772912
Any RGB mod that you stick a multi connector on will have well both. No idea if anyone has done it but if you do an RGB mod it's easy enough to use whatever connector you want.
>>
>>3773023
>You need a cable exactly like the one op said he wants to use
Ya figger?
>>
>>3773023
I use those SNES HD RetroVision component cables which convert the RGB sigbal to component. They also work pretty well with the N64 and PAL GameCube, though the Digital AV Out works better for the GameCube but the component cables for that are ridiculously expensive.

And in case that doesn't work.

Then just screw it and use the composite cable the console comes with until I can find a way to play an original Famicom with component without the need for converters.

Better than RF, anyway.

And in case the RGB mods aren't authentic, I'm okay with that.
>>
>>3772912
The famicom AV had an SNES style multi out, but it is only wired for composite. You'll have to use the NESRGB to mod it to output anything else. Its a fairly involved mod. Composite mod on an original famicom isn't that hard to do yourself if you can use a soldering iron.
>>
File: fedora doni 1422176206004.png (92KB, 463x469px) Image search: [Google]
fedora doni 1422176206004.png
92KB, 463x469px
>>3773023
>RGB =/= Component
Actually to be maximally autistic RGB is a *type* of component video, as is YPbPr. Although the latter is usually what is usually meant colloquially when you say "Component Video"

*unzips fedora*
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.