[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All that game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: FNQA13AH82U2BC7.MEDIUM.jpg (21KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
FNQA13AH82U2BC7.MEDIUM.jpg
21KB, 400x268px
How did Nintendo fit so much game on like 32 megabytes at most?
You know how big modern games be
>>
>>3772021
by using 4kb textures.
>>
>>3772021
Uh, the game reuses a lot of textures
>>
>>3772021
Low res textures
Midi music
No voice acting (HIYAAA doesn't count)
No pre-rendered video

32 megabytes is a lot of space otherwise.
>>
>>3772047
>No pre-rendered video
That's a big one. The FF7 could fit on one disc if weren't for the cinematics.
>>
>>3772021
Optimization and clever coding tricks.
Which is where a lot of fun old glitches come from.
>>
>>3772021
Coding in games doesn't usually take up much space. Graphics and sound do.
>>
>>3772035
OoT reuses textures less than 95% of PS1's library
>>
>>3772052
Even then, the cinematics could fit if they had the N64 render them, rather than being pre-renders.
>>
File: resident-evil-2-cartucho-cart.jpg (63KB, 1000x657px) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-2-cartucho-cart.jpg
63KB, 1000x657px
>>3772021

I was much more impressed they were able to fit this game on to a cartridge. It was probably too expensive to make though or more companies would have tried to do the same.
>>
>>3772035
What game doesn't?

>>3772047
Navi is voice-acted.
>>
>>3772035
It also reuses textures from Mario 64 and a lot of the code also came from it.
>>
one hundred percent of the space in playstation games is wasted on FMVs and uncompressed music. Go look at the filesize of any PSX Rip if you want confirmation. The first Ridge Racer only takes up 5 megabytes
>>
>>3772415
I just picked this up a few days ago, haven't played it yet. Is this version good?
>>
>>3772983
Yes, even Hideki Kamiya approved it.
It has some exclusive content that isn't in any of the other versions.
It's not as good as the Gamecube or DC versions, but it's better than the PS1 version.
>>
>>3772983
If you don't give a damn about FMV quality or the missing battle mode, it's the best version.
>>
>>3772987
>>3772989
holy shit this place is nintendo cancer.
It is the worst version of the game, but it's still decent. N64 is irredeemable for many reasons.
>>
>>3773150
>if you don't irrationally hate the N64, you are a "nintendo fanboy"

Heh.

The worst version of the game is the original PS1.
The N64 version isn't better than the later releases (GC or DC) but I do prefer it over the PS1.
>>
>>3773156
>The N64 version isn't better than the later releases (GC or DC)
As I said, if you don't give a damn about FMV quality or battle mode then it is better. First person controls, only version with true analogue controls, Ex-Files, better randomizer,
>>
>>3772987
>tfw everyone always forgets there's a PC version which is arguably the best one.
>>
>>3773156
>hates
nigger, don't be retarded.
>missing features
>missing large chunks of the game
>n64 blurriness
>n64 low resolution everything
>i-its still the best one!
retard
>>
>>3773219
>missing nothing that was in the original PS1 release
>has unique extra features that no other version has, and the features are actually good
>runs at a higher resolution than the PS1 version
>better sound quality than other versions (except voices) due to 48khz and dolby surround
the other guy is right, maybe the dreamcast and GCN are better but the N64 version is better than any sony version
>>
>>3773219
>missing features
Missing features from the dualshock version, not the original PS1 release. Also, it has its own unique features that make it more appealing than the PS1 dualshock ver. If you want the arrange mode, better play the PC or GC versions over PS1.
>missing large chunks of the game
I don't think this is true.
>n64 blurriness
Looks better than the jaggies on PS1. Also use a CRT.
>n64 low resolution everything
What are you even talking about? The game is 240p in PS1 as well. In fact N64 version has 480i for menues and stuff.

Have you actually played this version? In actual hardware I mean, I know it emulates like shit.
>>
>>3773257
The game is actually 480i in gameplay too, if you have an expansion pack in your 64. Rogue Squadron did the same thing. The PS1 version, and most PS1 games, use 480i in menus as well. That resolution switching is what causes that second or two of signal loss with lower end video scalers.
>>
>>3772021
They used a special kind of person who knows how to write a game and put it on a cart and shit. And was more than 12 years old.
>>
>>3772021
Low res textures that get reused
Everything is compressed

Modern games have such large storage because they don't compress anything, mostly audio that takes up the space
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.