[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I learn Japanese so I can start collecting Famicom games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: chinkkungfu.jpg (79KB, 690x437px) Image search: [Google]
chinkkungfu.jpg
79KB, 690x437px
Should I learn Japanese so I can start collecting Famicom games?
>>
>>3771618
Yes
>>
File: 1483178485034.jpg (22KB, 229x173px) Image search: [Google]
1483178485034.jpg
22KB, 229x173px
>>3771618
>>
>>3771618
I've been collecting Famicom games for over a decade and I don't know any Japanese. That shouldn't be what's stopping you.
>>
>>3771618
Sure
>>
>>3771618
Just Famicom?
>>
You should learn Japanese. You'll find plenty of applications beyond collecting.
>>
>>3771672
I guess everybody has their own speed but I was reading Dazai less than a year after starting.
Being able to play baby games is already pretty useful if you're interested in games.
>>
>>3771618
You should learn moon and emulate or go for flash carts
>>
>>3771618
>collecting Famicom games

You're late anon. I said this before but it seems that people like you haven't noticed it yet so I'll gladly repeat myself: you should have gone the collecting route many years ago.

By the way, you'd still be better off running those famicom games with a convertor on your NES because most (common) FC models don't support better quality than RF unless you mod it.
>>
>>3771618
Probably not worth the effort just to play games. Become a full blown weeb and make it worth your while.

>>3771829
>modding a famicom is in any way difficult
kek
>>
>>3771813
What's EOP? I've been seeing this around all of a sudden out of nowhere.
>>
>>3771618
Yes, though learning it just to collect Famicom games is an odd reason. I won't say it's a "bad" reason though, because there's no bad reason to learn a language IMO. In any case, learning Japanese is one of the only good decisions I've made in my life.

>>3772168
English-only peasant. The term originated on /jp/ to mock people begging for VN translations.
>>
>>3771618
>Wanting to learn a language only to play/collect 8-bits games (that generally have with simple gameplay/story)
Unless you're a hardcore otaku that wants to know all those exclusive/obscure Visual Novels, Light novels, Doujin games, RPGs from many systems (and also untranslated Mangas), etc, I don't think it's really worth, the effort price is too high if you have little motivation.
>>
>>3772240
Did you learn it or do you just like to discourage people?
If you're on /vr/ them you likely have a use for the language.

Even when your motivation isn't enough to fully pull through you'll still gain something from starting.
>>
クソ泥棒豚外人、我々のゲーム全部買った。
>>
Nah. You'll make people oin /vr/ really unhappy when you mention you can read Japanese.

I've seen it happen so often.
>>
So how deep in are you, /vr/ pals? Do you take the JLPT? Or do you just care about reading games etc.?
>>
>>3772637
I'll take the JLPT if it looks like I could use it for a job.
I can read/watch/play pretty much anything I want. The main limiting factor comes from limits I set on the words added to my vocabulary.
>>
>>3772675
Passing N1 gives you 15 points towards getting the high-skilled professional visa.
>>
>>3771618
You should learn Japanese because it's useful to know.
>>
>>3772731
It's only useful to know if you're a weeaboo
>>
>>3772736
We're all weeaboos or we wouldn't be here.
>>
>>3772637
I passed the N3 in December, aiming for N1 this year.
>>
I think if you looked past Famicom games, it's definitely worth it. Don't be discouraged by the fucking retard westaboos on here

>implying any good RPG is American
>>
>>3772742
Whatever makes you feel better.
>>
>>3771618
You don't really need to unless you're going for RPG's.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.