[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

80s RPGs thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: The%20Bard's%20Tale%202[1].gif (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
The%20Bard's%20Tale%202[1].gif
4KB, 256x224px
Go, i need suggestions.
>>
File: Mother.jpg (158KB, 620x876px) Image search: [Google]
Mother.jpg
158KB, 620x876px
>>
What have you played?
What platforms are you primarily looking at?
>>
>>3771386
Wasteland is a hell of a lot of fun.

Ultima 1 is incredibly easy to pick up and play. Though graphically very simple, the game plays like a fun mix of Zelda 1 and Phantasy Star 1 (pretty sure it directly influenced Zelda 1, but I dunno)

All the Ultima games are great actually.
>>
File: bestgamecomingthrough.jpg (59KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
bestgamecomingthrough.jpg
59KB, 1280x800px
Shove that witch in the oven know what im sayin.
>>
>Wizardry I, II, III, V
>Might & Magic I, II
>Pool of Radiance
>Curse of the Azure Bonds
>>
>>3771701
not OP but what's the secret to getting into Wizardry. Like what should I know going in, I want to play on NES.
>>
>>3771704
Know that the game can and will be unfair. Bring a thief, don't let ninja get a turn in.
>>
>>3771704
Play the Famicom version if you absolutely have to use an NES. They have an option to play it in English.
Otherwise other platforms are a better option.

Read the manual and don't rush things.
>>
>>3771708
Rad thanks.
>>3771714
I was under the impression that the FC and NES versions were the same, is that not the case? I'm aware of the english options on the JP versions.
>>
>>3771741
You get extra censorship and limits in the American release.
The third scenario was never even release in the US.
>>
>>3771747
Ah that would make sense, I was wondering why I only had I + II in the NES section of my EverDrive...
>>
>>3771386
Phantasy star 2 is the best 80s RPG I ever played, great story, great music, just the interface is poorly designed and the dungeons are convolutely to the extreme, I admittedly probably wouldn't have beat it without fast forward, still worthwhile IMO
>>
>>3771386
Weird, I was just about to play NES Bard's Tale last night. Spent 30 minutes rolling characters and got 2 with acceptable stats, so I said fuck it and played Swords and Serpents instead.

Wish games never did this. What's the harm in assigning points manually? I'm not even a perfectionist, but the random rolling does nothing but create broken characters...
>>
Ultima 5
>>
>>3773436
NES Bard's Tale is crap, they cut out half of the classes.

There's plenty of games that let you distribute stats.
Wizardry lets you spend a somewhat random number of bonus points on top of your race's base stats.
Ultima 3 gives you a fixed amount of points to spend.
DQ3 gives you bonus points to improve your party members.
Xanadu gives you money that you can spend on training that you could theoretically spend elsewhere.
>>
>>3773503
I know there's plenty of games that do. There's also plenty of games that don't. And it's dumb.
>>
>>3771386
Dragon Wars. (Get the manual, you will need it for reading stuff.)
Quest for Glory
>>
>>3771386
BEST RPGs OF THE 80s:

Wizardry (all of them except 4 [pic related])
Final Fantasy
Sweet Home
>>
>>3775305
Amazing.
>>
The Magic Candle
>>
>>3771386
Ultima iv, eye of the beholder, any gold series, phantasy star 2, bards tale, dungeon master, legend of zelda,
>>
>>3771684
Wow. I never thought about the anachronism of a modern mailbox being present there before.
>>
>>3775305
holy fuck. sounds like a broken game or is that fun?
>>
>>3778070
Wizardry 4 is one of the most carefully designed games of that time.
It's fun for the developers to see how often and in how many different ways you can fail.
>>
>>3778070
>sounds like a broken game
Not in the slightest. Every single part of it was completely intentional and, for what it is, the game is extremely well-programmed.

>or is that fun?
Jesus fuck no.
>>
>>3775305
Cuck whos never played DQ3
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.