[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which RPG series has the best elves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Aerie_Portrait_BG2.png (210KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
Aerie_Portrait_BG2.png
210KB, 210x330px
Which RPG series has the best elves?
>>
Daggerfall.
>>
>>3771081
Daggerfall, my favorite RPG series.
>>
Someone explain to me why Aerie is so disliked...she's sweet.
>>
I find it boring when elves are depicted simply as humans that are 1) pointy-eared 2) hotter, smarter, more magic-oriented, dexterous, longer-lived, semi-angelic, more moral blah blah and basically just superior versions of humans. Very often they are depicted like in the lore even when they aren't that in terms of game mechanics. I prefer it when they have have a bit weird facial features, smaller and weaker bodies and are technologically more primitive but excel in sneaky stuff and druid magic.
>>
>>3771080
The D&D Arcade games
>>
File: 78827.jpg (69KB, 400x264px) Image search: [Google]
78827.jpg
69KB, 400x264px
>>3771080
Neverwinter Nights 2.

Most of the other D&D games have elves, but they're restrictive on the type. BG2 had Avariel, Drow and unless I miss my mark, Haer'Dalis is a Moon Elf (with Tiefling heritage.)

But the player is always just "Elf." Neverwinter Nights 2 you get a half dozen options and people actually react to your Elven subtype.
>>
>>3771080
D&D
>>
>>3771391
Isn't that the D&D picture for a Nymph, not an Elf?
>>
>>3771090
I agree
She's a little annoying maybe but her naivety is offset by the fact that she's actually been through a lot but manages to pull through and retain her innocence. Mad respect.
>>
>>3771408
I know exactly why I don't like her.

>bought the game shortly after release
>like 15 at the time
>found Jaheira and Viconia too domineering for my tastes
>immediately gravitate toward traditional JRPG submissive healer Aerie
>romance her socks off, and m'lady white knight her by not rushing sex
>because edgy teenager, also acquire demonic Blade character Haer'Dalis
>Haer'Dalis starts flirting with Aerie in front of me
>actually get jealous
>turns into full on romance between the two of them, cucking me
>panic
>tell them they have to break up
>Aerie and Haer'Dalis leave the group and me so that they can be together
>betrayed for life
>sometime later when ToB is released, discover I can summon them into Hell
>kill them both there
>that'll teach them

I mean, it's been a decade and a half, but I never really got over my disdain for Aerie.
>>
>>3771423
>romance her socks off, and m'lady white knight her by not rushing sex
There's your problem. Aerie wanted a mang, not a footstool.
>>
>>3771389
Sweet! Too bad the game sucks shit.
>>
>>3771423
You should have at least confessed your love for her before Haer'Dalis did, then you could have kept them both without having to get rid of him.
>>
File: jaheira_by_bloodrawen-d5ah7uy.jpg (27KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
jaheira_by_bloodrawen-d5ah7uy.jpg
27KB, 250x350px
Jaheira would be so much better if she wasn't a druid
>>
>>3771450
She's a fighter/druid which is actually a decent combo. Also kill all elves.
>>
I liked them in dragon age. their history is different and I liked all the racist shit in that game. I don't like racism...but it was an odd dynamic to experience compared to the usual tolkien'esque spin on elves.
>>
>>3771508
She's still forced to be neutral and go along with the 'natural balance' crap, even though her personality often contradicts it.
>>
>>3771628
Same with Faldorn.

>>3771450
Fighter/Druid lets her wield Belm +2 for some bonus attacks and spells like Ironskin and the Insect family of spells makes her a great tank overall. Self-cast insect and Ironskin and both fighters and mages hate you.

I think she is a top-tier tank for smaller parties when her multiclassing and ridiculous XP gap between 13-14 Druid levels isn't so pronounced. She is the only divine caster who can get Fighter HLAs, which are great. Give her Staff of the Ram and just put Greater Whirlwind on.
>>
>>3771090
i found her to be annoying, maybe it was the whining.

considering what she had been through, maybe i am a bit evil
>>
>>3771508
>She's a fighter/druid which is actually a decent combo.
agree, not as good as fighter/cleric or cleric/ranger(especially since it is broken in a good way in BG2)but still pretty good
>>3771628
>She's still forced to be neutral and go along with the 'natural balance' crap, even though her personality often contradicts it.
agree with that too, she just isn't true neutral
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.