[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ONCE UPON A TIME THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: vf2.jpg (77KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
vf2.jpg
77KB, 640x640px
>Once upon a time..
>Virtua Figher was relevant and a killer application
>>
>>3770997
Oh boy, someone mentioned VF. Now wait for the resident anti-VF troll to arrive
>>
>>3771000

Trips don't lie
>>
>>3771000
Isn't it the opposite? I thought there was only one guy around here who liked it.
>>
File: fighting game fans.jpg (506KB, 1200x1350px) Image search: [Google]
fighting game fans.jpg
506KB, 1200x1350px
>>3771019
/vr/ simply doesn't care about VF, like most people really.

But there's that one buttmad troll who floods every thread with absurd amounts of replies.
>>
File: Duckking2000.gif (65KB, 172x120px) Image search: [Google]
Duckking2000.gif
65KB, 172x120px
>>3771029
Maybe I haven't paid close enough attention. I thought he liked the game... I don't usually bother with the 3D fighting threads. Outside of Bushido Blade I never enjoyed them as much.
>>
I love Virtua Fighter especially for the music (from VF1 to VF3), but I won't lie that the difficulty in later stages made my blood boil.
>>
>>3771029
Accurate.

Footprints in snow was cool at least.
>>
/r/ Fuudo_interview.jpg
>>
I enjoy it, but really casually. Doing cool moves, playing against CPU, watching old JP replays. But 3d fighting gameflow is really hard for me to grasp for "serious play".
>>
>>3771019
VF was big on arcades back in the day, when it came out it was mind blowing.
And there's definitely more than just one guy here who likes it.
>>
>>3770997
its still killer, played it only yesterday
>>
>>3771146
No it's not.
Last release was years ago and only DD, no one cares anymore, even japs
>>
>>3771116
Don't worry anon. VF is probably the hardest fighting game to master.

From what I know, it has a very complex system of counters; knowing frame data is almost required to git gud in it. But most of all, the community for the game in the West is tiny. There's barely anyone to play against, there are no handholding YouTube videos in the vein of "idiot's guide to VF", etc.

So if you want to get serious in it, I'm afraid it might be a swim across the ocean of learning.
>>
>>3771161
Anti-VF troll is that you?
>>
File: arino.jpg (8KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
arino.jpg
8KB, 273x185px
>buy a used memory cart for Saturn
>comes with VF2 save
>try the AI-learning mode with the save on the cart
>CPU wrecks my shit mercilessly
>>
>>3771163
>>3771163
I'm still waiting for proof more than one poster here cares about the series in any real way.
>>
>>3771169
Why don't YOU post proof that you're good at fighting games before asking for others'?

Oh yeah, because you're one autistic shitposter that hates virtua fighter.
>>
>>3771164
Ten years too early for you. https://youtu.be/1QGGQA2WTBI watch and learn how to b, f, P+K
>>
>>3771169
But anon, I never implied otherwise. You're right, no one else cares beside that troll. I've seen one only dude make a thread about Wolf being his favorite fighter. But otherwise, it's true no one cares.
>>
>>3771182
By the way, an interesting thing about Bajiquan (Akira Yuki's fighting style).

I watched a Chinese show/documentary about it. And one trainer said that the whole style is really a derivative of spear fighting. He even emphasized that spear training should come first.

This explains some rather specific stances/moves in the style. If you watch that vid I linked, it's as if the guy has an invisible spear in his hands.
>>
File: elenLynxTail.gif (76KB, 296x178px) Image search: [Google]
elenLynxTail.gif
76KB, 296x178px
>>3771172
>Why don't YOU post proof that you're good at fighting games before asking for others'?

What does that have to do with anything? I am pretty good at 2D fighters, but I don't really play 3D. I was just responding to >>3771000 that there's one guy who HATES Virtua Fighter around here. My experience from the tiny bits I've read the 3D fighter threads is that there's one guy who actually likes it and most either don't care or don't play.

>>3771187
Pretty much this I guess. Maybe he just cares so much he has to troll...

I dunno and don't really care. It's 3D fighters anyways.
>>
File: its ridge racer.jpg (348KB, 1152x519px) Image search: [Google]
its ridge racer.jpg
348KB, 1152x519px
It's Ridge Racer!

From...
to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaBUeINW_3s
>>
>>3771194
There's definitely one guy who hates VF's guts around here. As other anon said, search for the Wolf thread (a month ago or so), it was a thread about grapplers and OP posted a picture of Wolf from VF.
you can see the autistic anti-VF guy in that thread, who also appears to be a Tekken fan (would explain his adversity with VF, I guess)
>>
>>3771194
Look up 3730485 . He was all over it. There was another thread, but I can't find it now. He claimed VF was exactly the same as 2D fighters and invented absolutely nothing new.
>>
>>3771214
>>3771219
Gotcha. I remember that thread but never bothered clicking on it. Sounds like I made the right choice.
>>
>>3770997
>Virtua Figher
>killer app

let's be real
>>
>>3771029
don't get the tekken part
>>
>>3771267
You really don't get why Tekken is a picture of a couple of jugglers?
>>
>>3771274
Clowns juggling. Get it right anon.

>>3771267
>>3771264
Hi again friend.
>>
File: virtua_fighter_4_203.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
virtua_fighter_4_203.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>3771084
Yes! Those footprints that appear as you fight was amazing back then.
>>
How popular was VF3 compared to the games before and after it? It's a shame that we never got a perfect port on X360/PS3/PC.
>>
>>3773041
Not as popular as VF2 for sure.
I still remember playing it on the arcades everytime I went. It was one of the most impressive games there, and it also had one of the biggest screens (Sega 3D games always had the biggest screens, I also remember all the Virtua Strikers, which I never really played but I liked watching)
>>
>>3773041
Not very popular since VF4 did away with some of the more interesting things introduced in 3 like the uneven terrain and dedicated dodge button. As for the DC version, I loved it even though I never played it in arcades, but from what I hear, the only differences seem to be cosmetic, and even then, the DC version is pretty close to the arcade version, only missing some minor background and character details on certain fighters. Certainly closer than VF4 PS2 was to VF4 arcade.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.