[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yellowed Consoles and Collection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0735.jpg (95KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0735.jpg
95KB, 600x450px
Sup /vr/? I just got back from an aquantinces who had quite an impressive collection. But something through me off, he kept his collection in a very dark man cave. The room was pitch black and was only lit by a small lamp hidden in the closet. I asked what was up with the darkness and his response was, "so they wouldn't get any fading or sun damaged." I responded with an Oh, okay, but was really confused and curious. So now I ask you, do you guys store or hide your collection from any spec of sun or light? My Lil game station is set up by my window and is exposed to sunlight, though it's not strong or direct. I also light incense close by it and have never obtained any yellowing on my NES/Famicom/SNESjr./SuFami/Dreamcast. I would think if my consoles haven't yellowed by now, they won't be yellowing at all.
>>
Hard to say, My PS1, Super Nintendo and Dreamcast aren't yellowed but a small part of the PS1 controller aswell as a 3rd party controller for the Gamecube have a few parts that are yellowed. When I don't use them they aren't directly in sunlight, It might depend if the hardware in question is known to yellow fairly quick.
>>
D looks the best
>>
>>3770931
I legitimately thought the yellow was their natural color. I had no idea they were snowy white originally.
>>
>>3770931
>not C
>>
>B 20%
>C 50%
>D 20%
>B = D

What did he mean by this?
>>
In some cases, I don't think it matters where you store them. My SNES that I got back in the day still looks nice and gray. On the other hand, the mouse that came with it has yellowed quite a bit. I don't know if it is from hand oils or what, but the mouse was always put away when not in use while the SNES has sat out in the open for years at a time.
>>
>>3771554
It may depend on what was on your hands besides oils as well. For instance, my GameCube WaveBird stick is a slight dingy yellow because as a kid I had Cheetos and whatever else on my hands but the other wired controllers which I didn't use don't have the issue.
>>
>>3771554
Not all SNES units are susceptible to yellowing. It all depends if it was part of the "batches" which got the cheapo fire retardant added to them. My own SNES demonstrates this perfectly, where the upper shell yellowed but the bottom is still its original gray.
>>
>>3771643
I have 3 SNES'

My original from childhood, only the controller ports yellowed.

Second one only the bottom is yellowed.

Third one only the top is yellowed.
>>
>>3770212
A yellowed famicom is pure kino.

My SNES is the only system I have that's white, and that's pretty much been in a box of some sort since the mid 2000s until recently. There is no yellowing.
>>
>>3771680
To add, just put a dishrag over the consoles you feel you have to keep out. It keeps dust any any sunlight out easily for uber cheap.
>>
>>3771646
You should match up all the parts. Then you'll have one super rare gold edition and two normal ones.
>>
>>3771070
Are you actually dumb or just memeing? I can no longer tell at this point. The percentages are the number of Famicoms that exist at that particular shade (i.e 20% of all Famicoms look like B and another 20% look like D.)
>>
>>3770939
This. White ones must be pretty rare.
>>
>>3770212
Absolutely. Everything is in boxes or cabinets with doors. Keeps the dust off as well.
>>
Yellowing never really bothered me, seems unavoidable
>>
>>3770939
>>3771852
me too, I sort of like the yellow looking ones as compared to the factory white.
>>
>>3771726
he could have thought of the intensity of the sun damage I mean I did so too. Having a to c be least to greatest in both image and numbers would imply. If the thread was about that it could have been more obvious or at least the filename.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.