[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new (to you) things you've found in old games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: ronald mcdonald book remarkable.png (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ronald mcdonald book remarkable.png
35KB, 400x400px
>be earlier this evening
>playing wild arms for the umpteenth time in my life (first time in several years, though)
>nearing end game
>realise that i didn't get the chests in the elw pyramids that are accessible only after you get the grappling hook
>forgot which elw pyramid it was
>fly to one
>"not this one"
>"well, it's easier to warp to the other one and walk from there rather than try to fly and lose my way"
>warp to the other side
>screen flashes red
>i'm somewhere completely new and strange
>"the fuck?!"
>look up online
>"the abyss?"
>it's a completely new (to me) area of the game to play!

I now realise that, much like the hints about Angol Moa and Leviathan, a lot of the books and townsfolk in the game have hinted at this place.

What things have you discovered years later in games you've played a million times over?

I feel bad for people who use guides and walkthroughs for everything. They'll never feel this feel.
Pic related: tfw.
>>
Grandia has a third playstation exclusive dungeon that's accessible through the desert, I don't think even gamefaqs has that one covered.
>>
>>3769915
You can skip the majority of Opera House in Tomb Raider 2 with a few jumps as soon as you enter the building proper. You can also skip a large chunk of Temple of Xian due to a slope near the gold dragon near the start.

And the detonation key in Lv3? It's not needed, you can just climb up. And the two gates you have to open in Venice? Git gud with the boat and you can completely ignore that part.
>>
I didn't discover it, but just found out about the 4-2 "wrong warp" in SMB a couple months ago and was pretty impressed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L59XlQvNnKc
>>
File: WHAT.gif (2MB, 450x345px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT.gif
2MB, 450x345px
>>
>>3770429
WHAT THE FUCK.
>>
>>3769915
how do you pronounce "Elw" anyway
>>
Can't say I found it myself. An online pal was in a chat for some Ustream broadcast of a guy playing Metroid II. Was just coming to the Queen fight & I was gonna have a laugh because he had way too few missiles to kill it. Always took me like 150 or more. All of a sudden, when it bit at him he went ball & got swallowed- bombed it's stomach from the inside. 3 or 4 swallows & it died... The WHOLE DAMN GAME every evolved metroid just attacked, never tried to consume. Just assumed only first gens fed. The thought never entered my mind with the final boss being the biggest yet.
>>
>>3770591
They are called エルゥ in Moon Runes, so officially, 'el-oo/ehr-oo,' like 'hello' less the H and swapping the single 'O' for a a double 'O' sound as in 'food.'

I just say 'elf' because 'eloo' sounds dumb as fuck and they're obviously meant to be elves.

>>3769937
Despite being into JRPGs and owning a Sega CD as a kid (and, therefore, all of the Working Designs games for it), I've never got into the PSX WD translations beyond Alundra and Silhouette Mirage. I tried the first Lunar remake and hated it and never bothered with any of the others. Should I give Grandia a try? And when did you discover this extra dungeon?

>>3770429
This: >>3770460
>>
In GTA 2, the car garages actually respray your car with the color scheme of the closest gang's turf. If you drive a rival gangs car into a spray garage, you'll be rejected but if you drive the same gang's car in you'll get a repair and a plate change.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.