[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT Games that decided to pull last minute bullshits on you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: ristar-0-genesis.jpg (153KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
ristar-0-genesis.jpg
153KB, 640x853px
ITT
Games that decided to pull last minute bullshits on you

Pic related. Never a games changed this quick from an A+ to a C-

>Just the last boss pulls 1 hit kills
>decides not to throw enemies to grab on
>teleports to your position to telefrag you
>>
>>3769886
You're meant to grab onto the small guys when Greedy does the black hole attack. I've never had him not drop enemies to grab on to.

Also his "telefrag" is avoided by running to the left and when he goes off-screen, counter by doing an up-right grab and smashing him as he reappears. Takes practice but easy to do consistently once you get the timing down.

Of course, he is the final boss, he's supposed to be hard.
>>
>>3769886
>>decides not to throw enemies to grab on
This never happens.
Git gud.
>>
The last boss is not hard at all once you learn what to do. The only thing that's bad about it is it fits the Sonic Team model of being several orders of magnitude harder than the rest of the game.

If you're fast enough you can even grab the boss out of the one-shot lightning.

Also, the music is the best.
>>
>>3769943
IThe only thing that's bad about it is it fits the Sonic Team model of being several orders of magnitude harder than the rest of the game.

I always kinda liked that as a kid, and I appreciate it even more as an adult.

When playing the Sonic games the difficult final bosses just made the experience more intense and made me more invested in finishing the game despite the odds.

I am referring to Sonic 1 and 2, the final bosses for. Three and Knuckles were not that difficult.

Look at this boss. Do you know how much fear this thing inspired in me as a kid?
Can you guess how intimidated I felt as.it slowly rose from the floor and began to March towards me?

No rings! One hit or one wrong strike meant instant death.

No other video game Final boss has had such a visceral.and lasting impression on me.
>>
>>3770304
Not to mention the soundtrack. Those horns blaring in the intro, those rolling drums, those climactic progressions, that ominous counter melody, perfect final boss theme.
>>
File: egg-viper.png (584KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
egg-viper.png
584KB, 640x480px
get a load of this last minute bullshit. Or should I say last second bullshit. Fucking suicide attack.
>>
>>3770415
>"Watch out! He's up to something!"

You have nobody to blame but yourself if you fell for it.
>>
>>3770415
GET A LOAD OF THIS casual.
>>
>>3770415
This boss is a little buggy too.
>>
>>3770432
The whole game is a little buggy too, is a 3D sonic after all.
>>
Presenting the easiest boss in video game history

Oh by the way, you can't damage it at all unless you rescue two critical NPCs

But the NPCs are in secret prisons with no in game or even in manual hints regarding their location, in fact you aren't likely to find them even by accident because of the retarded lost woods mechanic that at least would have given a clue to the player that something was odd if it weren't for the dozens of other endlessly looping areas in the game that have no explanation or meaning.

At least you can skip straight to big boss.

In b4 >playing the NES version

I have the means to play the NES, but not the means to play the original.
>>
>>3770437
>>3770437
You forgot the pic.
>>
>>3770437
>>3770440

So I did. Got so fired up typing because I was so perplexed by this.
>>
>>3770437
>I have the means to play the NES, but not the means to play the original.
Got a PS2 or PS3? The re-release of MGS3 includes the original Metal Gears
>>
>>3770437
>>3770442
>playing the NES version
>>
>>3770458

No PS2, and my PS3 won't read discs anymore.Funny enough, I bought the re-release of MGS3 but it didn't have the second disc. It's what I get for buying used, but I was just excited to find all four MGS games in 2009 for under 20 dollars.
>>
File: 1485037849330.jpg (153KB, 1080x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1485037849330.jpg
153KB, 1080x1600px
>>3770304
>all these feels

Glad to have felt them desu, it was even better with a buddy supporting in the background against this evil monster
>>
>>3770304
You know, I can relate. That boss was my eternal wall until I got older and figured out how to not die immediately. Must have reached that level a dozen times, but could never beat that robot. Even when you got it down, it's still kinda tense with the whole instant death thing.
>>
>>3770473
The MSX is equally bullshit, if not more.

In order to beat Metal Gear you need an exact amount of missiles, for which you need an upgrade, which you can miss, and then there's no way to go back. Also if you kill an NPC accidentally you also can't beat the final boss.
>>
>>3769886
This smacks of BS, those enemies always show up. Even if they didn't show you can just spam stretch (holds you in place breifly) until the portal closes.
>>
File: aLj2v.gif (5KB, 248x192px) Image search: [Google]
aLj2v.gif
5KB, 248x192px
>>3770304

May I introduce you to the FIRST boss of Sonic 2 on the Master System?
>>
>>3770661
If you think the master system is bad, try playing the game gear port where you have approximately 1/3 of the screen space to avoid those bullshit randomly thrown one hit kill balls
>>
>>3770661
if I remember correctly, the rest of the game was no picnic

I never beat it, but I did get pretty far. every bit of it was a struggle. and it wasn't really fun either. I didn't feel like I was mastering the game. it felt like I was memorizing a difficult chore
>>
>>3770661
That boss is incredibly easy on the master system. The Gg version is much harder due to the lower resolution and random patterns
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.