[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was anyone here alive in the 80s? What was videogames like back then?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Was anyone here alive in the 80s? What was videogames like back then?
>>
You can still play those 80's video games.
>>
>>3769843
I don't know how to use DOS :-/
>>
>>3770108
nigga just google "dosbox tutorial" and it will bring it up.
>>
videogames was like this: i'm 5 years old and want to play castlevania, but my parents won't buy it and the small mom & pop rental place only has one copy which is always rented out.
videogames was SHIT
>>
>>3769839
Everything before NES and Master System was pretty bad and primitive (not talking about arcade). Even those two consoles had meh graphics, but the games were great fun, unlike VCS 2600 stuff.

The golden years were the early 90s for console games, it had the perfect balance between low-budget creativity, good looks and music, and demanding gameplay. 3D killed all this, but it was impossible to go back to 2D once 3D got introduced.

Also, in the 80s, the whole "be a kid, have no money, get frustrated" was pretty annoying.
>>
>>3769839
Most people in their late 20s and early 30s were, just ask if anyone is old enough to actually remember them well.
>>
Games were fun. There was no internet to look up FAQ so it was more challenging and therefore rewarding. You appreciated things more.
>>
Pretty much this >>3770476

The 90's were much better, but mostly because I had a job at that point.
>>
>>3769839
It was awesome. There were arcade machines everywhere. Computers were as good as or better than consoles with the added benefit of free software. I guess if you were a poorfag it sucked though.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.