[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never ported in West. What was Sega thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: SW_Sega_Saturn_cover.jpg (34KB, 372x292px) Image search: [Google]
SW_Sega_Saturn_cover.jpg
34KB, 372x292px
Never ported in West.

What was Sega thinking?
>>
>>3769192
What is it?
>>
>>3769192
They thought, rightfully so, that the market was not interested in shitty VNs at the time.

And they were right - the few times they DID release Sakura Taisen in English ()Sakura Taisen V for PS2 for example), it sold like shit.
>>
>>3769192
What is it though?
>>
>>3769197
>>3769220
Sakura Wars
>>
>>3769192
They think an animu strategy jrpg will never have a chance in the west, they were right (see ST5 for PS2 and Wii)
>>
>>3769218
Games that "sell like shit" are often a result of poor marketing or being released during other major releases
>>
>>3769272
In Sakura's case though, it sold like shit because it is shit.
>>
>>3769218
>They thought, rightfully so, that the market was not interested in shitty VNs at the time.
It's a steampunk-themed TBS with VN portions you mongoloid.
>>
>>3769278
You have no idea what are you talking about.
Sakura Taisen in Japan sold incredibly well and managed to kept people constantly hyped.

Keep your personal opinions personal.
>>
>>3769478
It's a visual novel with srpg battles on top, it barely even qualifies as a "game".
>>
>>3769218
>>3769232
STV was also unpopular in Japan, though; the series isn't loved because of the concept as much as it is for the characters, which is why almost everything since V was released has been milking the original cast's popularity instead of pushing on with the model.
>>
Sakurai Taken may have achieved a decent following if it was released on the Saturn and Dreamcast as the systems were relatively starved for TRPGs. Saying that ST V flopped just means that people didn't want to jump on the last instalment in a series which was released significantly after the fact. I've heard it was stand alone, but I have also heard it was average.
>>
File: 1376580990_1.jpg (42KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
1376580990_1.jpg
42KB, 475x475px
>>3769192
But translated for Russia.
>>
>>3769192
>That pain when you realize the game would have a putrid horrid and embarrasing localization that would make Treehouse/4kids/Saban/Working Designs Blush.
>>
>>3769585
Hell it could have been a Working Designs localisation
>>
>>3769598
I'm surprised Magic Knight Rayearth entered Vic Ireland's radar and not this.
>>
>>3769218
>the few times they DID release Sakura Taisen in English ()Sakura Taisen V for PS2 for example), it sold like shit.

No shit, it came out in 2009 and the PS2 was dead by then.
>>
National treasures need to be protected from the southern barbarians.
>>
>>3769192
>What was Sega thinking?

"Fuck EOPs", I guess. Not that I disagree.
>>
>>3769192
I played through this whole game with a printed translation in my lap back in the day. Easily one of the best games to never be ported into English. I'm not sure if Americans were ready for that interesting mix of dating sim and strategy rpg, but it is a shame most never got to try it.
>>
>>3769192
>Make a dating game.
>The protagonist cant be named and has a face.

What was Sega thinking?
>>
>>3769192
The anime opening was better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3RrzHg_sgU
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.