[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Der Langrisser

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: 3549-2.png (1MB, 1280x881px) Image search: [Google]
3549-2.png
1MB, 1280x881px
Have you played it /vr/?

What a name, amirite?
>>
>>3767343
It's a great game. I prefer the mega drive version because the music is superior and I think the gameplay and level design is a bit better in that version but I generally recommend Der Langrisser to people new to the series because the branching paths and writing make Der Langrisser very interesting.

Langrisser is one of my favourite series overall.

I guess the name "Langrisser" must sound weird to anyone that knows german (kind of a brutal name for a holy sword) but to me (and presumably the developers) it just sounds cool.
>>
>>3767363
I've wanted to play it for a while because I love the character designs. Is the original a good place to start?
>>
File: Dramatic Edition.jpg (86KB, 484x667px) Image search: [Google]
Dramatic Edition.jpg
86KB, 484x667px
I played the Saturn version of 1 & 2 (Langrisser Dramatic Edition) which I think uses the Der Langrisser version of 2.
>>
>langrisser 4 translated

>langrisser 3 is not

why
>>
File: c01ab16004aad91e47c942e68e78127e.jpg (477KB, 1089x1600px) Image search: [Google]
c01ab16004aad91e47c942e68e78127e.jpg
477KB, 1089x1600px
>>3767367
By 'the original' do you mean Warsong/Langrisser 1? I've only played the original version, and while it's not a bad place to start if you really want to play everything eventually, I thought it was a lot weaker than later entries. There are some annoyances like being unable to turn battle animations off, attacks seem to have a lot more variation in the damage they inflict, and the story is extremely sparse. For example, you are given a single line saying a minor playable character got hit by an arrow and died.

I've heard that later releases improve the gameplay and story in Langrisser I so if you understand japanese don't play the mega drive version.
Likewise, I've heard the Saturn/PS1 versions of Der Langrisser make minor changes to improve the balance.

>>3767402
Langrisser IV is much better and IV's story isn't closely related to III's.
>>
I like the first 2, are 3 4 and 5 any worth it? What about Growlancer?
>>
My first Langrisser was III and I loved it but it seems it's the least popular.
It was a shock how much weaker magic is in the other Langrisser games after playing III first.
>>
>>3767417
I don't like 3 that much but 4 and 5 are great. Also the new 3ds langrisser game is garbage, stay away.

Growlanser is also fantastic, especially IV and II. Growlanser II is a sequel to Growlanser 1 but IV is a separate entry. I say to start Growlanser with Growlanser IV. Also note that there's a patch that puts japanese voices back into the game if that interests you.
>>
>>3767432
What about the relationship system?
>>
File: ULUS10593_00001.jpg (80KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
ULUS10593_00001.jpg
80KB, 960x541px
>>3767436
What about it?
In the Langrisser games you pick the right dialogue option to build affection points and can pick which girl you like best in the ending, in the Growlanser games you generally have to complete a character-specific sidequest on top of that.
>>
>>3767425
Magic is nearly useless in I and II.
>>
>>3767343
i played 1 on mega drive. 3 & 4 on saturn.
Best strg game series evah. Also throw your ugly yellow snes away and get a megadrive you schmog.
>>
>>3767457
I mean does it become to much of a dating sim shit?
>>
>>3767571
No, it doesn't. Blindly playing and not aiming for a specific girl works just as well.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.