[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So does /vr/ prefer Dracula X to Super Castlevania IV? Everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Castlevania_-_Dracula_X_-_01.jpg (1MB, 2100x1524px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_-_Dracula_X_-_01.jpg
1MB, 2100x1524px
So does /vr/ prefer Dracula X to Super Castlevania IV?
Everyone seems to love rondo but hate SC4, but where does that leave Dracula X?

I like all 3
IV > Rondo > X
>>
inb4 requisite castlevania thread shitflinging.

People seem to hate on 4 just because it's an easier game and is considered by many to be one of if not the best classicvania. Rondo is great, although the anime style is a bit unfortunate. Many people also seem to be under the impression that CV Dracula X was an attempt at a port of rondo to SNES but really it's just using some of the same resources and building a more linear game very much in the style of the first castlevania. I don't think comparing the games is really fair, since they were approached with completely different design philosophies. Each game has its own merit and to try and lift one up while shitting on all the others is pretty stupid, if you like the series then just enjoy the damn games for what they are. Every castlevania game has its good points that make them worth playing, except maybe castlevania judgement.

tl;dr: play them all.
>>
A better question would be Akumajou Dracula X68000 with or without MIDI?
>>
>>3766107
Dracula X > Bloodlines > Rondo > IV
Anything is better than sotn.
>>
Rondo is the easiest Classicvania.
Hating IV is a meme by anti-nintendo guys like australia-kewn.
They're all great, even Dracula X Snes.
>>
X68000 > Bloodlines > Rondo > XX > Haunted Castle > IV
>>
>>3767438
>Bloodlines that high
>>
CVX is significantly more enjoyable to me, but at the end of the day, even a "bad" CV is still a CV.
>>
Tried Vampire Killer today it's pretty fun, instead of going with Metroidvania they should have going with this.
>>
>>3768059
Isn't it basically a simplified metroidvania without scrolling?
>>
>>3768061
It's "you're stuck in a stage and can roam around it until you've found everything, then when you do move to the goal door onto the next stage."
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.