[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just received a gift from Japan from my bro, a Fami and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0732.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0732.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
So I just received a gift from Japan from my bro, a Fami and SuFami. Came packed with all the original plugs and stuff, but before I test anything out, I'm a bit curious and worried about using the original AC cables. I own both a US NES and SNES, would it be better to just use those? I also read about using a Genesis AC?
>>
>>3765776
NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

The Famicom and the Super Famicom use the same plug. Do NOT use an NES or a Genesis adapter in, they fit but it is guaranteed to FRY both of them.

Wait a second if you have the originals then why are you even asking this question?
>>
>>3765789
Waaah, okay I just thought that using Japanese AC adapters would some how mess something up being hooked into a US tv or something The like. Thanks!
>>
>>3765789
What the fuck are you talking about I can use my damn PAL Mega Drive Model 1 PSU with my Super Famicom
>>
>>3765776
Read the power rating on the AC adaptor (ie supplied voltage and max amperage), read the power rating on the device you are about to plug into. If they match, go for it. If they don't, reconsider before you let the magic smoke out of your hardware.

It's really not that hard.
>>
>>3765864
This is really bad advice. Especially the amperage bit. Voltage can be anywhere within 3 volts or so and be perfectly fine.

It's the polarity which is crucially important and will fuck your shit up BAD if you get it wrong.
>>
>>3765789
Mostly true...But the model one Genesis adapter is OK. Voltage is a little high, but the regulator in the FC will take it.
>>
>>3765776

Yeah, just use the Japanese PSUs since you have them. They might get a bit warm in a US socket, so you might wish to unplug them when not in use or run them through a surge protector that you can turn on and off when you are done playing.

Maybe it is just the photo, but that sure is a bright Famicom
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.