[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alundra

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: al_wall_1.jpg (131KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
al_wall_1.jpg
131KB, 1024x768px
Is this good?
>>
Yes.
>>
File: the-village-inoa.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
the-village-inoa.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>3765748
Thank you.
>>
yeh but it's p hard bro
>>
>>3765775
>>3765748
Any similar games?
>>
>>3765942
Landstalker. Some of the same people worked on it before making Alundra.
>>
Very hard puzzles. I think my only major complaint is that enemy health feels very inflated.
>>
>>3765942
Soul Blazer
Landstalker
Secret of Mana
Zelda
Illusion of Gaia
Terranigma
Secret of Evermore
Crusader of Centy
Beyond Oasis

a bunch of other stuff
>>
>>3766025
Thanks, will check that.
>>
The missable eagles were gay shit
>>
>>3765747
its good, youll have a lot of fun for at least the first half of the game. but later on it just feels like a chore to play. Enemy health starts to seem way too high, some puzzles are just aggrivating because platforming in a 2d game just doesn't always work right. I ended up putting it back on the shelf like 15 hours in, just wasn't fun for me anymore.
>>
>>3766487

You should sell it to me
>>
>>3765954
afaik Working Designs actually reduced the enemy health in the American region. I don't know why they didn't take it further because its still fucking ridiculous.

But it's only the early game. You can beat the final boss with like 3 or 4 castings of the fire spell.

>>3766487
This is pretty accurate. The first like 4 dungeons are really fun. Then it just keeps fucking going.

If you're going to do it, look up the Item Jump and uses of the Magic Beans. You can use them to hit switches which make some of the jumping puzzles a shitload more forgiving.
>>
>>Is this good?
>Yes.
>>Give me more good games like this!
>OK.

No, never do this.
>>
>>3766494
but then i wont have it, even though i probably wont play it for another 5 years
>>
>>3766512
You're right. This is from the manual's translation notes:

"Monster difficulties were also
rebalanced, generally to make a few of the bosses easier to kill. However,
bosses were also made more dangerous in that if they managed to hit Alundra,
their blows were much more lethal. This lessened some of the boredom of the
later bosses, where they really weren't much challenge to fight, but took
forever to kill."
>>
>>3766624
www.cheatcc.com/psx/manuals/alundra.txt
>>
>>3765747
It's good, but very difficult in places.
>>
>>3766512
>>3766487
I had fun all the way with Alundra. I always felt that most Zelda games, except perhaps the Oracle ones, never go deep enough into their mechanics.

But Alundra does just that, and in every department (story, combat, puzzles)
>>
>>3766519

I had mine sit for over 10 years before I sold it and now I want it again
>>
>>3766994
which is why ill never sell a game once i own it
>>
>>3766810
> It's yet another ice column puzzle
>>
>>3766810
>Zelda Games
They're called Adventure games dude.
>>
Alundra 3: Breath of the Wild when?
>>
File: alundra_3_by_crafxter-d3ku5kr.jpg (213KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
alundra_3_by_crafxter-d3ku5kr.jpg
213KB, 900x1200px
>>3767814
never
>>
I never played the first, which is probably why I love the second one so much, not having anything at all to do with the original was a point in its favor for me.

Other than the perspective, is the original in the same 'style'? Dialog, gameplay, things like that?
>>
I hated Alundra. I got stuck in so many places because the solutions required fine tuned precision and luck with the physics. There were jumps that were so hard I wondered if I was cheating or missing something that was suppose to make it easier.

The color palette was kinda boring. Everything was this kind of muted grey color, except for some green vegetation and blue water.
And the story wasn't very compelling or memorable.
>>
>>3767667
No. For one thing Zelda isn't adventure it's action-adventure, and action-advenutre is so wide it even encompass things like survival horror.
>>
>>3765747
imo its the best of its kind, never liked zelda
>>
File: Alundra_2.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Alundra_2.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
>>3765747
Its very good. But i like the second game more.
>>
>>3768676
No. They are really nothing alike in any meaningful way.

>>3769194
I think a lot of the hate for the second game is a bit unfair, and seems to stem purely from it having the word "Alundra" in the title.

I don't think it's as good as the first game, but I did enjoy it.
>>
>>3769302
Yea the name does get a lot of hate. But i consider it to be in the same series in spirit. Dispite its none connection to the first game.

The pirates used to make me laugh and it was a solid adventure to boot. Also that princess dance was sexy for my 12 year old self.
>>
>>3769194
It's the second in name only, but pretty fun. Except the RC car minigame, fuck that.
>>
>>3769479
yea that one can suck a dick. but i did love the darts mini game.
>>
>>3766516
Y
>>
>>3769194
>play Alundra 2 in turns with gf on a PS that couldn't save
>A little bit every night before sleep, cuddling

>I fuck up at Mephisto

Thanks for bringing up that memory
>>
>>3769601
Why would you ask for similar games of a game that you don't even know is good? Bait.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.