[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scalers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 18j1wddgp28cmjpg.jpg (29KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
18j1wddgp28cmjpg.jpg
29KB, 636x358px
I bought a 22 dollar component to HDMI scaler and it's fucking garbage. Introduces all kinds of shit to the image.

Is there a website with actual good scalers/converters that don't make the image look like such garbage?
>>
>>3765483
You don't need a scaler. There are pure cable solutions.
>>
A memiester with a d-terminal to component transfer is the only one am aware of
>>
File: MD Geist ordering a pizza.png (280KB, 468x519px) Image search: [Google]
MD Geist ordering a pizza.png
280KB, 468x519px
>>3765483
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHoOKLWIMKU
>inb4 WAAHH E-CELEBS!!1
Just watch the goddamned video

Also
https://www.videogameperfection.com/2016/07/08/source-converter-verdict/
https://blz.la/rgb/ossc.html
http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/framemeister.html
>>
>>3765520
I ain't paying 250 for an OSSC
>>
>>3765504
>>3765520
>450 dollars for a Framemeister
Nah.

>250 for an OSSC
Nah.

I'd be better off just buying a 300 dollar receiver, setting up surround sound, and using component to HDMI through that.
>>
>>3765521
It's much cheaper.
>>
>>3765524
>300 dollar receiver

That'll work, anon. Just make sure the component on the receiver accepts 480p, 720p, etc.
>>
File: Full_retard.jpg (527KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Full_retard.jpg
527KB, 2592x1944px
The general rule with scalers is that you get what you pay for in terms of quality. I have only tried what is considered the best balance of cost to quality: the OSSC and Framemeister, but those may cost you over $100USD.

I got my Framemeister through amazon.com after a lot of bing points, amazon gift card shenanigans, and credit card cashback rewards and paid just over $100 out of pocket. However, these days scalpers are taking advantage of the temporary shortage of chips to jack up the price of the Framemeister, so I would advise against that until the stock is replenished. There's also the possibility of a successor down the line. The Framemeister and XRGB3 only has a D-terminal input which is the Japanese equivalent to component, so you will need a component (female) to D-terminal (male) adapter.

The OSSC is much less expensive and my favorite choice for component at this time. It outputs a very nice 480P, but if you want HDMI, you will have to convert the DVI out to HDMI. Also, the OSSC does not take audio in (unless you use its Euro SCART input, then it spits it back out. on mine. through stereo 3.5mm jack; I read they have an addon board now for digital audio now), so you will have to send the audio from your source directly into your audio output device, as no audio will be sent out of the DVI port (in older versions like mine). At this time there is a waiting list for the OSSC, but it is worth it IMO. You can get it cheaper than I did due to Brexit and even have the addon digital audio board installed too. To cut costs even more, you can just order the kit and build it yourself.

I am sure there are many other component to HDMI adapters out there, but I have not tried them. The only devices I have which output component are not-/vr/ with the PS2, Gamecube (+GBP), Xbox, and PSP. I would love to get those Retrovision HD cables for SNES and Genesis, but those are sold out at the moment. Plus they got even more expensive, and I will have to pass
>>
>>3765550
man, what a mess.
A receiver would just be a better option at this point.
>>
Receivers aren't particularly good scalers.
>>
>>3765483
Always been a fan of the cga2vga board. I think compared to the scart to component/hdmi converters it has much better picture quality. And the price is definitely a big plus as it's cheap. I think the biggest negative for it is you have to add more parts to it.
20$ for the scaler, 7$ for a power plug, x$ for the necessary scart cables and the money needed to add a scart port to the board, and then $for either a diy scan line generator or an off the shelf one.
But even after adding in all those costs it's still way cheaper than the framemeister.
>>
>>3765604
Yes but if it accepts 480p, that's going to look great on any display.
>>
Are there any good S-Video scalers?
Preferably in the <$80 range.
>>
>>3765731
That's a very tough one.
>>
>>3765741
Above $80 then?
But still cheaper than the Framemiester?
>>
Here's the one word answer

DVDO
>>
>>3765483
Use an emulator you fool.
>>
>>3765845
All they make now is HDMI to 4k HDMI scalers.
No analog inputs.
>>
>>3765845
Yup. Find a used one.
They're fast and have good results.
>>
File: R-3754389-1343361952-3367.jpeg.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
R-3754389-1343361952-3367.jpeg.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>3765991
>buying new pro gear on a NEET budget
>>
>>3766064
Well, I certainly haven't had luck finding their old stuff. I saw a used iScanVP50 selling for $7,700.
>>
>>3766081
I doubt it was "selling" at that price!

Be patient and set up alerts. You'll get one cheap, I know it.
>>
>>3765550
>these days scalpers are taking advantage of the temporary shortage of chips to jack up the price of the Framemeister, so I would advise against that until the stock is replenished

Just FYI Micomsoft has bought all remaining stock of the chip in question, enough for two years of production at current demand.

Anyone jacking up their price because of a supposed shortage deserves to be sitting on a warehouse full of unsold scalpers once its (presumably superior) successor is announced.
>>
>>3766106
Fuck.

My phone changed "scalers" to "scalpers".

How odd.
>>
>>3765524
Just buy a $10 CRT at a junk shop and be done with it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.