[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which do you think is the better game and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 111575--dos-.jpg (1MB, 3484x1375px) Image search: [Google]
111575--dos-.jpg
1MB, 3484x1375px
Which do you think is the better game and why?
>>
>>3765175
I'll take Ron Gilbert over that hack Schafer and Windows 95.
>>
>>3765178
they're both fucking garbage.
>>
File: door.png (110KB, 1866x658px) Image search: [Google]
door.png
110KB, 1866x658px
>>3765175
Curse was best because it combined excellent music with cute humour and delicious art style.
>>
>>3765175
Maniac Mansion was the best, spooky, insane amount of replay, and selectable cast with various win conditions and endings

Monkey Island was dumb and really fucking annoying

MI2 was pretty goat, and the ending was awesome

MI3 was a huge letdown

DotT was just a fuck long history lesson, and wasn't even remotely entertaining outside of just watching the animation. Sam and Max was better.

Full Throttle was ok, story was meh, and the "gameplay" segments were kinda a pain in the ass.

Grim Fandango is really overrated. Yes it has fantastic writing, but the puzzles are some of the worst and most cumbersome ive seen. Honestly i rather just watch a animated film or series based on GF instead.
>>
Well yeah, if you wanted to fucking ruin a thread in 3 posts or less this would be a way to do it I guess
>>
File: youre-hearing-it-in-your-head.gif (478KB, 509x180px) Image search: [Google]
youre-hearing-it-in-your-head.gif
478KB, 509x180px
>>3765175
Monkey 1 y DotT are probably the most sophisticated design wise; in those terms I'd take the former overall probably, but I'm a sucker for the time travel gimmick

I like the art in Curse well enough and it's an OK game, but it's too short and inconsistent to be a contender.

LeChuck's Revenge is probably the best adventure game they made, if you don't consider innovation a must. Great balance of detail, atmosphere and freedom weighted against the usual caveats of the genre (which sure are present). Also, they dropped the "we're simply too cool to take our own story even remotely seriously" pose from the first game. I mean they still don't take it seriously, but in a way less douchy way.
>>
>>3765249
LeChucks revenge is only long because it's the insane amount of backtracking that adds to game length
>>
>>3765249
Basically this
>>
>>3765175
Why choose?
They're all equally awesome.
>>
Does anyone know how do you select MIDI sound for Monkey Island and LOOM?
>>
>>3765249
Personally, I think Fate of Atlantis was the best one overall. But Monkey Island 1 has a certain feeling of perfection to it.
>>
File: Fritz.png (136KB, 302x272px) Image search: [Google]
Fritz.png
136KB, 302x272px
>>3766157

That one IS awesome, and the absolute best when it comes to replay value; I don't think I'll ever be able to clear the full point list though, pic related
>>
>>3765204
This MM still has a soft place in my heart, it was such a weird and unique atmosphere.

And I never once thought "I wish I could just watch a movie based on this instead of dealing with this moon-troll logic puzzle".
>>
DotT > MI2 > CMI > MI1 > MM >>>>>> EMI
>>
>>3765204
While I liked all of them I have to agree with MM being the best.
>>
Where can I find Curse of Monkey Island? Any reason why the whole series hasn't made its way to GoG/Steam yet?
>>
File: Sam_&_Max_Hit_the_Road_artwork.jpg (167KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
Sam_&_Max_Hit_the_Road_artwork.jpg
167KB, 256x320px
>>3765175
This one.

Cracked me up when I was a kid
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.