[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watching AGDQ 2017 interview of Castlevania IV world record

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 7

>watching AGDQ 2017 interview of Castlevania IV world record holder
>he talks about input lag not being a big deal while doing frame-perfect tricks
>he made sure they had an LCD for him
>CRTs give him migraines
>WR holder

Purists BTFO or what?

>WR holder

Not the first time I've heard this shit. Now, back to my SNES9x emulator on LCD...
>>
>CRTs give him migraines
lol what a pussy
>>
people who care about input delays on retro singleplayer games are the real autists
>>
>watching AGDQ 2017
ew
>>
>>3763219
B-b-but 16ms input lag makes the games unplayable!…
>>
>>3763224

the only real justification to play retro games on CRT can be nostalgia or some games that look like ass in big screens because the low resolution. If you cant get accustomed to a 0,1-0,2 s of delay -which besides really hard games is unnoticed- then you have autism
>>
>>3763223
Autist Games Done Queerly
>>
Well damn if a speedrubber says so it must be tru
>>
>>3763228
I understand that if you compare real hardware on CRT and an emulator on LCD, there might be some slight but perceivable lag. But I mostly play fighting games, and that has never been an issue for me. And I'm the kind of player who cares about hitboxes and frame data.
>>
>>3763229

wow, you're really hilarious. I don't know what you do for a living, but you should consider giving it up and becoming a comedy writer.
>>
>>3763242
But they are really the biggest autists I've seen. YouTube babbies are one thing, but speedrunners are in a whole different league. The whole "Wooow we've discovered an amazing zip that allows you to skip 5 seconds and we wasted months on finding it" is the definition of "autism".

The guys who come there actually make Mike from AVGN look like a mature, cool and sociable alpha male, and I wish I was kidding. That says something. I'm more shocked by the quirky types who come there than their """"skills"""".
>>
>>3763260
>The guys who come there actually make Mike from AVGN look like a mature, cool and sociable alpha male

This
>>
>>3763214
Well yah if he's used to the lag than the brain will compensate, if you build up a rhythm with how the input plays then it doesn't matter.

It does matter if you're not someone who plays the same game forever and don't know exactly what the input is like and can't judge things without proper visual cues
>>
>memerunning
>WR
who gives a fuck
>>
>>3763472
Exactly stuff like no damage,no deaths, high scores make sense but this garbage is just a joke.
>>
>>3763231

Bemani on a LCD is a fat joke too.
>>
>>3763214

From my watching he isn't doing a frame perfect thing, its a frame perfect jump that you need to press the button for only one frame so you jump slightly lower than normal.

you underestimate what muscle memory is.
>>
>>3763260
>>3763472
t. /v/irgins
>>
Input lag is like carrying camping gear on your backback. A few ounces extra isn't going to make a noticeable difference, but ounces soon become pounds. Several sources of input lag will eventually become bothersome, but if it's not the difference between a few milliseconds is trivial.
>>
now play actual skillful genres like shmups or fighters rather than the most casual castlevania game with input delay and see what difference it makes
>>
>>3763797
>the most casual castlevania game

But this isn't Rondo of Blood.
>>
>>3763216
>someone with different physical limitations from mine is a faggot
fuck off you autistic cunt
>>
>>3764094
I'm playing Ritcher, of course, and Rondo IS the easiest Castlevania (classic).
Maria is just a joke, of course I don't have her into account.

Also, fuck you and your /mu/ meme. Go listen to milky smash hotel, fucking faggot.
>>
>>3764119
no theyre a pussy not a faggot and yes people get called a pussy because of their physical limitations.
>>
It's not a big deal when you're playing a piss easy game.
>>
File: agdq compressed.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
agdq compressed.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
Reminder that speedrunning and the AGDQ event are for degenerate losers who will never contribute anything to society
>>
>>3764676
Fuck off, Goose.
>>
File: monsetup[1].png (313KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
monsetup[1].png
313KB, 500x375px
>>3763214
i've tried playing project diva on emulator recently, did horribly in songs that i can perfect on psp, this tells me more about input lag of emulator + lcd combo than opinion of some dude who is the best at playing games the way it was never intended by developers.
>>
>>3763214
CRT's are a meme
>>
>>3763545
Nah doesn't work like that in this type of game because you have such a set route and will never react to anything, you might have to press a button slightly earlier which just means your visual cues will be slightly different.

>>3764668
>It's not a big deal when you're playing a piss easy game.
cv4 is one of the hardest runs out there, it being easy an easy game played casually goes out the window in the speedrun route.

>>3764676
Lmao so many bernie bros under one roof.

>>3764750
It tells me you're not very bright and don't understand the differences between genres that rely on high reflex coinciding with memory and games that are based entirely on visual cues, muscle memory and pre emptive strategy. They aren't comparable and one is affected more than the others.
>>
>>3763223
>skipping tasblock
wry
>>
>>3764943
>They aren't comparable and one is affected more than the others.
you are still at a disadvantage, even if you play some casual console games the way it was never intended.
>>
>>3765079
>you are still at a disadvantage
No you aren't because as i explained by the point you are a wr tier speedrunner you know absolutely everything that happens and nothing is going to surprise you, training yourself to press a button 3 frames before an event instead of 1/2 is merely execution. It's the same as throwing a ball high to catch or throwing one slightly lower to catch, you will quickly learn to catch it every time either way. I don't expect you to be bright enough to grasp this though. The fact the wr holder has an lcd and input lag should be all the evidence you need that this style of game makes no difference as you adapt to the execution timings. Even SWY one of the greatest shmups players in the world said you just adapt to input lag.
>>
>>3764943
Speedrunner sperging out as usual.
>>
>>3765136
that only works if there is no randomness whatsoever, every game has rng, especially arcade games(to increase difficulty), but even without rng you can't replicate your input 100% each time you play, so the game will react a bit differently to your input, so you might need to improvise, and this is where input lag might fuck you up.
>Even SWY one of the greatest shmups players in the world said you just adapt to input lag.
So what? Most good players try to minimise input lag as much as they can. Some scientists believe in god, yet that doesn't prove his existence.
>>
File: lovelycop.jpg (27KB, 396x497px) Image search: [Google]
lovelycop.jpg
27KB, 396x497px
>poses as an elitist hardcore gamer
>doesn't like speedrunning

I know there are many like this on this board.
>>
>>3765185
why would i waste time playing casual games the way it was never intended?
>>
>>3763490
Yeah it's such a joke that Konami moved to LCDs a long ass time ago with a huge amount of display lag yet japs can still AAA clear 12 black anothers
>>
>>3765192
You mean like 1cc'ing arcade games? It was never intended, devs intended for people to beat games by quarter-feeding the machine a lot.

Oh, I forgot, you're a kid whos first experience with arcade was MAME.
Poser.
>>
>>3765192
>casual games

people play stuff like bejeweled and other mobile games on these speedrunning contests? Huh.
>>
>>3765185
Memorising a game and it's tricks doesn't make you good, it makes you autistic.
>>
>>3765197
>It was never intended, devs intended for people to beat games by quarter-feeding the machine a lot.
Wrong. you will never see true last boss/secret message in many games if you use more than 1 credit. Not to mention that your score is reset, or a humilating number that shows how much credits you used is added to the end of your score.
>Oh, I forgot, you're a kid whos first experience with arcade was MAME.
Oh, I forgot that most westerns credit feeded like the little cucks they are. Too bad the majority of good arcade game was developed in Japan where people credit feed far less.
>>3765201
Like it or not, majority of console games is easy shit compared to arcade.
>>
>>3765194
>moved to LCDs a long ass time ago with a huge amount of display lag yet

Every modern arcade cabinet did, also I never said it's impossible hell I don't even have a CRT anymore but unlike in the past I could get away with more damage control with the CRT and the execution was a tad bit less anal.

>display lag yet japs can still AAA clear 12 black anothers

Well sure but said feat would most likely be easier to archive with a less laggy monitor, you know the japanese wikia pages usually have a section about the input lag on the LCD versions.
>>
>>3765210

>Oh, I forgot that most westerns credit feeded like the little cucks they are. Too bad the majority of good arcade game was developed in Japan where people credit feed far less.

Jap credit feed too retard, to train patterns and experiment different routes what not.
>>
>>3765207
So you're implying arcade 1cc'ing is autistic?
>>3765210

>Wrong. you will never see true last boss/secret message in many games
This is true for many console games, not just arcade.
Poser.
>>
>>3765221
i never said it's wrong to credit feed for practice or that japs don't do it, that retard claimed the games were intended to be beaten by credit feeding which is wrong.
>>
File: 1246330507212.jpg (25KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
1246330507212.jpg
25KB, 500x323px
>>3765210
>Like it or not, majority of console games is easy shit compared to arcade.

But why do you use the term "casual"? It only started being used in the 2000s, for mobile games, or facebook games and what not.
In the 80s and 90s, "casual" wasn't a thing in terms of gaming.
Could it be? Are you a Gen Z fucker posing as a hardcore arcade gamer!?

Post your own WRs with proof if you want to be taken seriously, kid.
>>
>>3765224
So you're impluing devs intended people to beat an arcade game with only 1 credit the first time they played it?
Maybe if they spend a ridiculous amount of time watching others play and memorizing everything autistically. Maybe.

You're losing, "hardckerk" boy. Just stop pretending.
>>
>>3765224
>Oh, I forgot that most westerns credit feeded like the little cucks they are

This is wrong though as a kid there were people at my arcade who counter stopped VirtuaCop,Truxton and Gradius
>>
>>3765223
Yes. It is autistic.
>>
>>3765185
This.

The problem aren't speedrunners, or tryhards, or casuals.

The problem are shitposters that don't even play video games and just dedicate their lives to shitpost about how "hardcore" they are when they probably haven't gotten any significant merit in their whole life (vidya or not).

Realizing this kind of stuff makes me feel sad for these people.
>>
>>3765229
Is there are word for assuming that people who hurt your feelings are automatically bad at everything? There should be.
>>
>>3764503
Okay but can you do better than him in Super Castlevania 4? Well pussy?
>>
>>3765223
>This is true for many console games, not just arcade.
yet they are far easier on average, which i suppose why speedrunning got popular in the west, it's easier to grind piss easy game you played since childhood than grow up and 1cc/score arcade games. that said, i'm not totally against speedrunning though, some runs are fun to watch and fit the game(like shinobi 3), but my time on earth is limited, so i'd rather score/1cc.
>>3765225
out of arguments and decided to make it personal? post your achievements and i'll see if it's worth posting my restartsyndrome profile.
>>
>>3765230
How are they hurting my feelings though? They make me feel sad (for them), but they aren't hurting my personal feels.
>>
>>3765234
Shinobi 3? The easiest Shinobi game in the series?

>restardsyndrome

More like retard syndrome, for you.
>>
>>3765235
They're hurting your feelings enough for you to make passive-aggressive bitching posts.
>>
>>3765226
>So you're impluing devs intended people to beat an arcade game with only 1 credit the first time they played it?
no, holy shit, are you legit retarded? i'm talking about not credit feeding, you know perfectly well what it means unless you are retarded.
>You're losing, "hardckerk" boy. Just stop pretending.
that wishful thinking lmao.
>>
>>3765234
I've heard many speedrunners say the games they speedrun they never played as kids or before deciding to start speedrunning.
Have in mind "speedrunning" is kind of a new thing, and many speedrunners are young, they weren't alive when consoles like NES or SNES were new.
Part of the speedrunning charm is that they need to get the actual systems and games in order to properly speedrun, so it's like paying an entrance fee to the world of speedrunning (which isn't necessary if you already owned them since your childhood, but like you, my time is limited so I don't really speedrun, I also play for score or 1cc and then move on)
>>
>>3765236
you are out of arguments, just stop embarassing yourself.
>>
>>3765237
>passive-aggressive bitching posts.

Like this?: >>3765230
>>
>>3765241
are you implying Shinobi 3 isn't casual?
I'd be ashamed if I was you, buddy. Pretending to be hardcore and all, then throwing out a casual game like that.
>>
>>3765238
>calls others "retarded"
>i'm
>lmao
>>
>>3765239
>I've heard many speedrunners say the games they speedrun they never played as kids or before deciding to start speedrunning.
that's weird, becouse i hardly can see the fun in speedrunning. i guess they do it for fame, to beat someone else, to have a WR at something or some shit.
>but like you, my time is limited so I don't really speedrun, I also play for score or 1cc and then move on
i might start speedrunning metroid or other games that track your time. though at the moment if i want to play something as fast as i can i just play a racing game.
>>3765247
i never said it's a hard game, just somethng that i found interesting to watch a speedrun of. not to mention that Castlevania IV is easy as well.
>>
>>3765243
That was a genuine question. You're just autistic, so you don't understand nuance.
>>
itt:
>I'm angry about what other people do with their time. Also I'm more hardcore than them
>>
>>3765253
>i might start speedrunning metroid or other games that track your time
though what i intend to do won't really be considered a speedrun by the community, since i don't plan to use glitches.
>>3765269
more like
>baaw why nobody takes speedrunning for the hardest, most skilfull shit i consider it to be.
>>
>>3765271
>>baaw why nobody takes speedrunning for the hardest, most skilfull shit i consider it to be.

Who is saying something remotely close to that ITT?
>>
CRTs are preferable for me not only due to the input lag but because certain arcade games run in out of standard hz frequencies such as 54-59hz(not 59.94hz ala NTSC) if you play these on a LCD the damn games animation and scrolling are choppy as fuck. What I find more annoying than input lag though is the damn ghosting in certain games with really fast movement like a max rank 2-loop Psikyo shooter. I also don't know what that strange vertical update line(or whatever the hell it is) which appears in these games is, but it can screw up my runs now and then.

Like I said earlier i currently don't have any CRT's in use, because I simply don't have space for two 28-29" CRTs for vertical and horizontal games. Depending on how good your LCD monitor is it ranges from tiny/small handicap to major big league(early LCD monitors and certain LCD TVs).
To claim that archiving good results with a decent LCD is impossible is ludicrous sooner or later you accomplish what you set out to do. Hell you can master a certain game with a really shitty input device like say playing a non racing game with a steering wheel invest enough amount of time and it will be archived, but as I said earlier you are adding handicaps.

Oh and to wrap up the whole CRT thing up, I prefer the way the games also look through a CRT HLSL is in my opinion not quite the same thing.
>>
>>3765295
Cut me some slack I just noticed was written as a gorilla , English is not my native language.
Fuck it you get the idea.
>>
>>3764750
Yeah... youd probably have the same issue if you somehow wired up the control scheme you used on the emulator to the og hardware.

The change in movements fucked with your muscle memory brugh.
>>
>>3765278
>>3765185
>waah you have to like it or ur not hardcur
>>
>>3765341
Said nobody itt.
>>
>>3765295
>CRTs are preferable for me not only due to the input lag but because certain arcade games run in out of standard hz frequencies such as 54-59hz(not 59.94hz ala NTSC) if you play these on a LCD the damn games animation and scrolling are choppy as fuck.
It's called use MAME's vsync feature you fuck, it automatically changes the game's speed to match with your LCD refresh
>>
>>3764016
>a game that was exclusive to Japan until recently being "casual"
>being this much of a retard
>>
>>3765207
Memorizing an instrument and it's notes doesn't make you good, it makes you autistic
>>
>>3764750
And what do you think is in a PSP, you dumbass. a CRT?
>>
File: 95025417255.gif (2MB, 290x227px) Image search: [Google]
95025417255.gif
2MB, 290x227px
>>3764676
>>
>>3765638
The PSP screen is made specifically and exclusively for the PSP hardware, of course it's going to be excellent for it.
>>
>>3765616
>It's called use MAME's vsync feature you fuck, it automatically changes the game's speed to match with your LCD refresh
> changes the game's speed to match with your LCD refresh

No shit Sherlock but there's a catch to it..
>>
>>3765197
>You mean like 1cc'ing arcade games? It was never intended, devs intended for people to beat games by quarter-feeding the machine a lot.
lol at this stupid fuck, bet you only play midway garba
>>
>>3765985
Terminator 2 Arcade was a rather infamous one
>>
>>3765626
True. Good musicians can read anything and play it. Autists would take the time to memorise a song before they play it.
>>
>>3766075
Do you really think that musicians don't memorize songs, you fucking moron ?
>>
>>3766109
Good ones don't have to.
>>
>>3763214
Maybe they used composite, when you use composite on a CRT it can give massive eyewear
>>
>>3766142
Why would anyone use composite?
>>
>>3765624
>a game being japan-only means it's automatically hard
>>
>>3766118
good musicians memorize everything, it's a highly valued skill.
>>
>>3766178
transparency and other effects devs had in mind with it.
Also, it ain't bad and it's pretty convenient
>>
>>3763228
The image quality in LCD's is terrible compared to good CRT's

CRT's have better color, better blacks, no native resolution, no motion blur(unlike LCD's with their shitty sample and hold bullshit) which makes games look so smooth etc.
>>
>>3765616
That speeds up the game you retard
The only option you have with LCD is getting a G-Sync Monitor which syncs to any refresh rate
>>
>>3765675
That doesn't mean it's good hardware though, the PSP suffered much from dead pixels and ghosting.

>>3765987
>Midway
>Garba
Get a load of this kid

>>3765956
>>3766316
>Implying either of you will notice a game running 0.02 percent faster
The only games that had a 53hz or a 57hz refresh rate (and therefore making an actual noticable difference when sped up) are Midway and Atari games
>>
>>3766456
>The only games that had a 53hz or a 57hz refresh rate (and therefore making an actual noticable difference when sped up) are Midway and Atari games

Seibu SP1 Hardware 53.98hz,Raiden II based hardware 55.4hz,CAVE MK1 hardware 57.55hz
>>
>>3765236
>>3765247
He fucked up, these are actual top shinobi runs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iPyXyHdzMU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Pqv1_L4hQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n-lMY6e1XE
>>
>>3763537
/v/ loves AGDQ though.
>>
>>3764016
But Rondo is the third hardest CV, behind III and X68k.
>>
>>3763216
They don't give me migraines, because I don't really get headaches but I do get eye strain from them and have always found the glare of a CRT screen unpleasant to look at.
>>
>>3769396
Bible subweapon.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.