[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about the SM SNES remakes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 13251324.png (741KB, 1196x896px) Image search: [Google]
13251324.png
741KB, 1196x896px
What do you think about the SM SNES remakes?
>>
SMB2 is the best one.
SMB3 is pretty great although I prefer the NES sound and it's missing some of the cool art direction details from the NES (like the transparent powerup figures in the sky)
SMB1/LL is cool and has nice background graphics, but I know some people around here loathe them because of the slight difference in physics, I honestly never noticed it until I read about it.
>>
>>3761668
Great, by far the best 8-bit remakes/collection of the 16-bits era.

All-Stars > The Wily Wars > Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
>>
>>3761668
Meh. They're good looking an everything but I never bother with them because cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>3761668
Awful. Aesthetics, physics, and sound all inferior.
>>
>>3761668
The physics for Mario 1 are a bit off and it really bugs me. I want to like it because it's prettier but I have such an ingrained sense of the games physics that I really don't like playing all stars.

I never liked 2 and I like 1 better than 3 so I can't speak on those as I havent played them much.

If you haven't played Mario much or at all it's probably best to play all stars.
>>
>>3761668
I just don't know… I can't look at this version of SMB1. It feels like a bootleg.

SMB2 is better. And SMB3 feels almost like it belongs on SNES. It does have rough edges, but it doesn't make me want to puke like SMB1.
>>
>>3761721
I remember playing the Ninja Gaiden SNES game and being very disappointed. I can't really tell anything that they did to make the games look better.
>>
Excellent. Definitive version.
>>
SMB2 and 3 are fantastic, but I wish SMB3 had kept some of the original sound effects. The Mario SFX are iconic, and only seem to get worse with every "improvement" they make.

SMB1 however, even ignoring the bug that keeps big mario from bouncing down after breaking a block, I don't care for the look of the game. They should have re-done the sprites completely instead of just re-coloring and shading them.

Also I don't like that Mario's body doesn't face us anymore.
>>
>>3761668
They are fun but I really enjoy playing them NES better.
>>
>>3761721
Ninja Gaiden trilogy was fucking garbage. They literally did nothing. In NG2, they ruined the lighting stage by making everything visible all the time. They had the opportunity to make something great and they just did a catch grab.
>>
>>3761668
I was super excited to get this as a kid but looking back just from OP's image the cave background just destroyed the mood of the game. Having an all black background made it feel ominous, that you were really in the depths of somewhere and breaching the unknown. A regular cave wall makes it look super tame and ordinary by comparison.
>>
>>3763063

Hit detection seems off in the games too along with worse music (although I still like some of them but that is because they are that good).

Control scheme is ass too, not being able to reconfigure. A SNES PAD just doesn't have the same ergonomic feel of a NES controller for A/B.
>>
They dont feel anything like the originals so i hate them.
>>
The controls are more loose than my nigger asshole.
>>
>>3761668
>What do you think about the SM SNES remakes?

I love the graphics of the first one but besodes that the other titles are better. smb3 > smw imo.
>>
>>3761668
different physics destroys speedrun potential
>>
>>3761668
Between allstars and my super gb I see no reason to even own a nes
>>
It's my first game ever so yeah I would prefer that over the original. Don't even notice the brick screw up so I'm golden.
>>
>>3761668
It's good for someone who can't play the originals legally.

I mean it's a pretty damn good collection in its own right, the only thing that I didn't link was the soundfont in general for all games.
It's not bad, but it didn't spark that something in me.
>>
>>3761668
They're fine. Of course I'm born in 1994 so the SNES was my first system, followed by the Playstation. Of course, I still think Super Mario World puts all of them to shame, but SMB3 on the SNES was still really, really good.
>>
>>3761668
They're great, but I prefer the look of the originals.
>>
There's a patch to fix the physics in SMB1/LL.
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/167/
>>
>>3768556
Don't forget the Lakitu Spiny Egg restoration patch:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3238/
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.