[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay guys I got one for ya. I bought this PVM about 6 months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMAG0591.jpg (967KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0591.jpg
967KB, 3264x1836px
Okay guys I got one for ya. I bought this PVM about 6 months ago. Some butterfingers dropped the box in transit and the bezel broke as you can see here. It doesn't affect the picture, but It drives my OCD nuts.

What glue would you recommend to rebond this? Ive tried a few things, like superglue and plumbers epoxy but theyre either too brittle, take too long to cure, (i have to put a lot of pressure on the outside of the bezel to get the sides to fit together) or just fill the gap without holding the two pieces together.

Any advice?
>>
You are going to have to hold it together, no matter what epoxy you use. At this point, it will need to me cleaned, too - remove all the dried glue and epoxy so the plastic is able to be adhered to.
I suggest removing the housing. But be really careful...Lookup safety around CRTs when working with them.
>>
>>3761389
gotcha. what kind of glue do you think would hold up under the tension?
>>
>>3761392
Superglue. You need to learn how to clamp.
>>
>>3761469
Wouldn't epoxy be better?
>>
>>3761493
Only if the edges don't align perfectly and you need something to bridge the gap. Model glue or another adhesive made specifically for plastic that slightly dissolves it would be best but it would also be easier to fuck it up worse which is why I recommended superglue
>>
>>3761493
bondo. Nigger a clamp using a wall an gravity.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.