[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fire Emblem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: temp.jpg (31KB, 250x362px) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
31KB, 250x362px
I've never played a Fire Emblem Before, never been much of a strategy game kind of guy, but I'm trying to give it a chance.

It's also the first game I've played with perma-death. Is there any reason to keep all your units alive? Like, does this affect the ending or something?

I've been throwing the battle every time someone dies and i'm starting to get fed up with doing that.
>>
>>3760797
I don't recommend playing fire emblem 1, the interface in the famicom games are frustratingly archaic. Mystery of the Emblem on the super famicom (FE3) is a better place to start and half of it is actually a remake of FE1.

>Is there any reason to keep all your units alive? Like, does this affect the ending or something?
No, not really. Every unit has their own one-sentence epilogue if they're alive but that's it.

I highly recommend playing from start to finish without resetting at all in every Fire Emblem game you play. Play safe with your main characters and judge risks accordingly for others. You'll generally have plenty of replacement units to fill in after a death.
>>
>>3760830
>I highly recommend playing from start to finish without resetting at all in every Fire Emblem game you play.
Very few people play this way, but it's not necessarily a bad idea. It certainly makes things more thrilling, although also more frustrating when a useful unit dies.

I usually only restart if one of my best units dies, if it's some fuck I just recruited I don't care.

Not retro, but if you make it to awakening don't even bother with the permadeath. In that game the dead characters don't actually die, they're just too injured to keep fighting. Mechanically it's the same but it really removes the dramatic effect. This was the first FE I was determined to play without resets, so finding out this was how it worked really rubbed me the wrong way.
>>
>>3760830

I'm on an NES binge right now, I've even started games that I've previously beaten the remakes of. Also I'm too far into the game to turn back now. But I will stop trying to keep absolutely everybody alive, just the ones I like instead.

Now that you mention it, I actually did start the SNES remake, I just dropped it quickly because other games stole my attention away.
>>
>>3760872
I played Shadow Dragon and realized hat I should have done that. Flying blind is more challenging and rewarding than a high difficulty.
I'll keep it in mind when I play another game in the series.
>>
>>3760872
Some of the characters in Awakening die. I'm not sure if it's contextual or if only certain ones do, but if you check your roster it'll show that some of them die and some of them retire.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.