[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the essential adventure games? I know about Sam and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1461911036893.jpg (114KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1461911036893.jpg
114KB, 640x640px
What are the essential adventure games? I know about Sam and Max and Kings quest, but what else is there?

Text or point and click, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>3760426
Broken sword will always be my favourite. I also have a crush on George stobbart so yeah...
>>
Grim Fandango
Full Throttle
>>
File: pq#$%&.jpg (164KB, 636x386px) Image search: [Google]
pq#$%&.jpg
164KB, 636x386px
For Sierra, I'd say:
King's Quest 5 or 6
Police Quest
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers

Police Quest is pretty unique game in that its puzzles are designed to make you follow strict police procedure when dealing with characters/criminals (you'd better not use unwarranted force you sniveling cadet!).

Hon. mention to Space Quest 4, which is a funny space pulp adventure but is mechanically almost identical to King's Quest.

Also hon. mention to Phantasmagoria, but that's more of a "play around Halloween type of game." Not really scary, but atmospheric with some goofy FMV acting. The puzzles are pretty simple but it's worth it to take in the town. A superior FMV-style game is Gabriel Knight 2.

It's easy to burn out on these type of games, so I think it's best to look into a few, see which style you like the most, and play that one to completion.
>>
>>3760486
>I also have a crush on George stobbart so yeah...
Me too, it's so sexy how he acts condescendingly sarcastic with everyone and then gets pissy whenever someone treats him that way.
>>
>>3760659
How are the earlier kings quest games? Are they skippable? I've heard there are more puzzles you have to blindly guess to succeed.
>>
>>3760808
Some people really like the EGA King's Quest games; they have a distinct charm about them and some like the "type actions" style of adventure game than the "point and click" model.

That said the King's Quest games I enjoy the most are 5 and 6 for their graphical updates as well as their smoother interfaces. All the games to some degree are meant to be trial-and-error, but I feel that with the later games it's a bit clearer as to what you are supposed to do.
>>
>>3760843
Alright, so I guess people saying games like kings quest having puzzles with insane item combinations that nobody would have figured out without a guide is an exaggeration?
>>
How has nobody mentioned Myst or Riven yet?
>>
>>3760426
Quest for Glory
Monkey Island
Ecoquest

are a few that come to mind
>>
>>3760863
three words:

cat hair moustache
>>
Day of the Tentacle
Monkey Island 1, 2 and 3
BTTF is also pretty good
Fran Bow is new and good
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders
>>
I heard about this one /d/ game called leather goddess of phobos
>>
Colossal Cave Adventure
The Hobbit
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Zork
>>
Do yourself a favor and give Discworld (just the first) a try...splendid humor, massive amount of fanservice for DW reader, great graphics and some really strange puzzles.
>>
>>3760869
Because you're only seven posts in...

How about Shenmue?
>>
Dunno if i'd call it essential but The Lurking Horror was pretty cool.
>>
>>3763549
Pretty lovecraftian
>>
>>3760426
Under a Killing Moon
The Pandora Directive
Tex Murphy Overseer

haven't played the newest Tex Game yet
>>
>>3760869
Because they aren't that good.
>>
I never played point and clicks as a kid, but I just finished Sam and Max Hit the Road and Day of the Tentacle. Both were great especially Sam and Max. One of the few games where I actually found myself laughing at the jokes.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.