[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since I got a CRT TV nobody uses and a spare PC, figured why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1479400262513.jpg (174KB, 1536x1503px) Image search: [Google]
1479400262513.jpg
174KB, 1536x1503px
Since I got a CRT TV nobody uses and a spare PC, figured why not make an emulation machine. I did some research but can't decide what the best front end loader would be for that. As for the cables, all I need is VGA to RGB right?

How practical is it even to have an emulation box? In my case it would be just my previous PC, rather than investing money in a RPi or mini-PC. I guess the Wii did it's job good as well, but PC emu has better PS1 emulation (+ PS2).
>>
>>3759529
A lot of people say http://mame.3feetunder.com/windows-ati-crt-emudriver/ is good if you have an old Radeon card.
>>
>>3759529
You need an old OS and an old graphics card
>>
there are converter boxes for that purpose.check ebay and amazon
>>
>>3759529
This is going to get expensive and confusing quickly if you do not do some research into the various cables and adapters available before diving in to this.

I myself have a modern laptop, so my options were more limited than yours. You have the option to do what >>3759663 recommends, and this will probably be an easier and less expensive option.

Without knowing your available CRT inputs and anything else about your PC, this is where my advice ends without making unnecessary speculation.

Good luck!
>>
>>3759529
>As for the cables, all I need is VGA to RGB right?
You'll need a transcoder, an AMD card, Windows 7 and CRT Emudriver.
>>
>>3759663
It's 5570 HD, would that be a problem if I did it with a converter box?

>>3759686
>>3760183
I don't have that many options here because the retro craze didn't catch much like in US, but I managed to find some converter boxes. It probably isn't the best and the one everyone uses, but is there something I should watch out when I choose them?
>>
>>3760468
Don't listen to this fool, instead get a Raspberry Pi, Gert VGA666 expansion and an adapter for RGB.
>>
>>3759541
Oh did those lots of people decide to stop shitting all over me for being the first on this pleb board to set that up years ago?
>>
File: img_0424.jpg (665KB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
img_0424.jpg
665KB, 2816x2112px
>>3760495
Americans don't like to SCART HARD
>>
>>3760498
It's not that we don't, it's just that we only have one model of TV that ever had scart, The RCA Dimensia. So if we use a pro monitor it's just a matter of using a cheap breakout cable or ipac and if we use commercial TVs we have to transcode to YPbPr
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>3760495
>baby thinks he's an oldfag
>>
>>3760531
This.

Since I have to convert RGB signals to Component anyway, using SCART would mean adding unnecessary cables and converters in almost every scenario.
>>
>>3760531
The Dimensia's SCART connector isn't even wired for RGB, so it may as well just be another set of 3RCA connectors.
>>
>>3759529
Nvidia GeForce GTX 285 and an svidei cable to your crt. It's what I use even though I wish I could use component.
>>
>>3760531
>RCA Dimensia
The port's not wired for rgb.
>>3760613
You need to combine syncs somehow. You can do it the dirty way with a simple t-connector but that's not recommended. You should go at it with circuit like >>3760498 or build your own. Then you're ready transcode.
>>
>>3760468
>converter boxes
Unfortunately those will change the resolution and rerfresh rate. Generally they scale everything to 480i which is not good for emulation.
>>3760476
You have to go back.
>>
>>3759529

That is a cute puppy.
>>
>>3760672
>You need to combine syncs somehow. You can do it the dirty way with a simple t-connector but that's not recommended. You should go at it with circuit like >>3760498 or build your own. Then you're ready transcode.
Actually, if they're working with a 5570, they should have the option to just have the GPU output Composite Sync right from the get go, skipping the need to combine sync at all. I know that's an option in Catalyst for both my ATi x600 and HD6950.
>>
>>3760689
Yes, they do, but that 480i signal can be changed to 240p by feeding it through an Extron RGB unit and either switching DDSP on or adjusting the screen position vertically a few lines, depending on the model you're using.
>>
File: 12951.jpg (3MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
12951.jpg
3MB, 2576x1932px
>>3760689
>You have to go back.
Sure pal, I'll be playing in 240p on my superior RGB-Pi. Don't spend too much time on that pupil board.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.