[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ogre Battle SNES/PSX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Anyone still playing this?
>Yes, I turned Lyon into a Lich just 'cause his alignment was just right for a mage at that time.
>>
>>3758931
Do ogres actually battle in this game?
>>
>>3759140
No.
>>
>>3758931
Best way to play this game is to restructure your army after every battle. Build around the characters that are not story related and cost far less money. That's how I do it anyway.
>>
>>3759356
That's a far weaker army, and unlike Tactics Ogre, there's no perma-deathunless your leader dies then it's gameover.
>>
I tried playing this game and it never works
all you do is watch as a your army battles in auto battles the whole game

is everything supposed to be like that?
how do you start a game and take control of your party?
>>
>>3758931
I've heard this game punishes you for doing to well?
Like you get the bad end for liberating too many towns or something?
>>
>>3760909
I don't know about liberating too much, but using the same units over and over will make them overleveled, and fighting weaker enemies lowers your alignment which leads to a bad end, so yeah, kinda.
>>
>>3760704
>I tried playing this game and it never works
all you do is watch as a your army battles in auto battles the whole game

I know that feel. I've tried multiple times to get into this game and I just can't figure it out. I even watched a speedrun of it and I still don't understand
>>
>>3759356
You can tailor squads to different purposes and always use them that way. After a certain point in the game your army is mostly set and you'll never need to change them.

Like usually by the time I get the generals, I have no actual use for them.

>>3760704
Your units do different actions based on whether they're in the back or front row. They move according to their agility, and they always take the most optimal actions according to your strategy. Best means they will do whatever deals the most damage or heals the most HP, leader means they focus on that guy, weakest is the unit with the least HP, strongest is the unit with the most HP. If they have different elemental attacks they always use the best one.

You make squads that do different things by putting different units in different places in them.

>>3760909
You get the bad ending by being an asshole and literally making a deal with a devil. It has the "bad outcome" but it's by no means unsatisfying or not entertaining. If you play as a tyrant he does tyrant things.

How this actually works is that making a unit kill priests and paladins and holy dragons and stuff all the time makes their alignment go down, and it also goes down if they chase around people who are weaker than them (lower level) and slaughter them. Then when you send them to liberate a town they do so by force and violence and other unsavory means because that's how you trained them, to just fuck shit up. People then talk about how much of an asshole you are and how you might be worse than the fascist empire.

On the other hand if you have your guys fight stronger enemies and make them exorcise undead and kill evil barbarians and assassins and wizards and necromancers and shit, they end up being really heroic so their alignment goes up, and everyone is pretty happy when they show up to liberate the town, so your reputation as a warlord gets better.

Anyway; t's not the "bad ending", it's the "bad guy ending". You earned it.
>>
>>3760676
I facerolled the game with this army. Less money for units gives you enough money to never run out.
>>
>>3760954
>On the other hand if you have your guys fight stronger enemies and make them exorcise undead and kill evil barbarians and assassins and wizards and necromancers and shit, they end up being really heroic so their alignment goes up, and everyone is pretty happy when they show up to liberate the town, so your reputation as a warlord gets better.Anyway; t's not the "bad ending", it's the "bad guy ending". You earned it.

That's just autistic. It's an RPG and I'm gonna do RPG things like overlevel and kill stuff. Fuck you, moralfags.
>>
>>3761337
Just have the murderhobo squad kill all the enemies and the hero PR squad liberate all the towns.
>>
>>3761415
>hero PR squad liberate all the towns.
Fuck that, I'm not a liberal!
>>
>>3761548
then stop being a faggot queer and enjoy your bad guy ending you shitter
>>
>>3761548
qq more fgt
>>
Anyone else have an original SNES copy?
>>
>>3762518
Why? It's just expensive because of reseller shills.Emulation is the future, anon.
>>
>>3762518
I've got two. One was mine and another I bought at a flea market because I just couldn't leave it behind. I even kept both copies when I sold 90% of my games a few years back.

Nowadays I play it on my phone, works perfectly too.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.