[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last night I cleared the first game and now just started the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Fallout2front.jpg (258KB, 800x832px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout2front.jpg
258KB, 800x832px
Last night I cleared the first game and now just started the second one.

This time I decided to play as the female character to see how talking my way out of stuff would work...
Turns out I'm relying on sex and feel kinda gay.

Tried a charismatic male with high speech but noticed using Sex Appeal just makes other men hate me, so talking it out of question.

Which traits are the most useful with its cons not hindering me so much?

Also, Fallout thread.
>>
How does this character look?
>>
>>3758217
show perks and traits

9 int is good if a bit overkill.

Better criticals is the best perk because it allows insta-kills when you get it, and because of that high agility builds are all powerful. You can use Endurance and Strength as dump stats because nothing is going to save you from getting instantly murdered at some point in the game anyway.

So have at least 6 perception, 6 luck, and 9 agility. otherwise just do literally whatever you want.

Also Unarmed is by far, by far better than melee weapons.

Most of the important skill checks in the game are Science/Speech/Doctor, and I have absolutely made a character with those skills tagged and 2 Strength and 2 Endurance who instantly killed deathclaws by punching them in the eye.
>>
>>3758217

Trade some Charisma for Agility. Agility is one of the most important stats in the game.
>>
>>3758217
Melee is shit.
If you're into battles, get high AGI and LCK.
>>
File: 1373651195718.png (146KB, 273x298px) Image search: [Google]
1373651195718.png
146KB, 273x298px
>>3758179
>>Turns out I'm relying on sex and feel kinda gay.

And don't you like that?
>>
I'm trying to get Vic out without fighting the slavers or buying him but seems my character isn't smart enough for other dialogue trees.
>>
>>3758402
Can't you give him the radio through the window or something?
>>
>>3758418
That's not it, there's no problem with the guard letting you in.

The slavers leader still won't release him.
>>
File: screen1.jpg (389KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screen1.jpg
389KB, 1024x768px
What do you think?
>>
>>3758269
>>3758371
If you want to make a diplomat, you frankly don't need Charisma. CH2 + tagged Speech = you wli convince everyone.

However, if you want to have a lot of NPCs in Fallout 2 and have some bonus reactions based solely on your attractiveness, high CH is not bad. You don't actually need AG because at the beginning ants and smalltime raiders will still die and when big battles start happening you will just wreck everyone by getting on drugs (withdrawal is mostly annoying, not particularly harmful). So yes, AG is great, just extremely easy to boost.

Sex Appeal only makes it so that males give you a -20% Speech and -20% Barter and vice versa for the girls. Since there aren't nearly as many girls in this game, it can be ditched. It does not do much.

If you want an erudite, just pump IN to the max and

Good Natured is a perfect trait for you, and Gifted is always a broken trait.

And if you are a Melee Weapon fan be sure to go to New Reno the moment it shows up on the map.

Your build is fine. IN high enough to get all the smart dialogue options, Speech is always good and you have some combat versatility, even.

You don't have LK6 that is necessary for Better Criticals, but LK can be raised by 2 in this game. Some people play with superlow luck.

Really though as long as you tag Speech, have high IN and some common sense, Fallout really is not a hard game to play. You'll do fine. No need to powergame.
>>
>>3758439
Even the smartest erudite needs 1000$ to get Vic back out.

>>3758440
First Aid is an utter waste of a tag; Doctor is better in all regards. Finesse is alright. More Criticals will benefit you throughout the game but becomes obsolete when you get Sniper at level 24. Wonder why you did not pick a second trait; even something for flavor like Bloody Mess. Small Frame is almost never a bad choice, for instance. Kamikaze can be good. Overall, a solid, well-rounded character.
>>
>>3758557
I am tired of bloody mess, I always pick it in fallout 1. Moreover the in-game description is that those traits are optional so...

Agreed, tagging first aid is a mistake; I now realize this. Small frame is decent but at the beginning you will need Sulik to mule all your stuff.

Kamikaze looks alright but no armor at the beginning, once again, can be tricky. Although I know how to find cheap/free leather jacket.

Thank you for the feedback
>>
I want to get into fallout 1 and 2

but after playing fallout tactics I just can't because tactics had such a better UI
>>
>>3758217
Hard to tell, seeing as most of the ppicture is black borders. Is there a character in there somewhere?
>>
Recently did a playthrough of Fallout 1 but I didn't make it to the end. Now I'd like to replay with another build and actually finish the game.

What's the best build if I want to use the perk that makes everyone have terrible luck? I assume a high luck stat is a must.
>>
>>3759049
>What's the best build if I want to use the perk that makes everyone have terrible luck? I assume a high luck stat is a must.

Not really. Jinxed merely makes it so that every time anyone fails they have a really high chance of critical failure. It is therefore stronger on Easy and Medium difficulty where enemies won't hit you so often; on Hard it's not so great.

So I'd say make a melee fighter with HtH Evade.
>>
>>3758557
You can actually go as low as 500$ if your character is female and is charismatic/willing to offer Metzger some extra "compensation". In fact I don't think any other game out there rewards prostitution as much as Fallout 2 does.
>>
I'm sad I never found Myron on my first playthrough.
>>
Is [BoS] any good? I have it sitting on my steam and never gave it a real chance.
>>
>>3762856
I have no idea why I though that would work as a spoiler
>>
>>3762856

Tactics is fine. It's a lot more fun in real-time than it is in turn-based mode. You can be ridiculously powerful if you play your cards right.
>>
>>3762873
Is there any exploration or is it mostly mission based?
>>
>>3762887

It's mission based, but you can talk to some NPCs and get some extra objectives.

I don't believe you can return to areas after completing them, so make sure to explore them (or use a guide) before going to the exit grid.
>>
>>3758557
That's why you give all the guards a healthy dose of jet, wait a few minutes, and initiate combat while they're coming down from the high. They don't even bother attacking, they just run away as you gun them down and free Vic at no cost (well, except for the jet but it's dirt cheap)
>>
>>3762891
I tried it last night and the game had to be run in Windowed mode because I was using win 10. I can't believe they still used RNG with this game, it makes the game worse. I decided not to bother after 5 minutes
>>
>>3763085

But I need that Jet for later!
>>
>>3765801
You can get more jet than you'll ever need from looting the "bad" merchants you find while travelling. The ones who tell you to fuck off if you're a do gooder and have slaves with them. Plus it's worth it because you'll get a shotgun from Metzger and lots of ammo and guns from the other slavers, and the woman who runs the bar will give you cash as a reward for killing Metzger.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>tfw suddenly Gary Johnson
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.