[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's very difficult to describe what made Everquest enjoyable.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

It's very difficult to describe what made Everquest enjoyable.

Because looking back all I see is pain, but then sometimes I look at screenshots and go "Oh yeahh..."

If it didn't redefine 'grindy' I probably never would've quit it.
>>
k. If you can't describe it then why'd you make this thread.
>>
>>3757338
Cuz other people who have the gift of gab may say what I mean just clearer and then I go "Oh, yeah! And ______" because memories are like firelogs that way.

And also, Everquest thread. I've seen some funny stories.
>>
>>3757340
mmm. I can't help ya. My first MMO was Ragnarok Online.
>>
>>3757341
Same.
>>
The hellish, unforgiving, inconvenient world caused players to work together to deal with it.
>>
I tried it for the first time on a emulator server a few years back.

I kind of enjoyed playing a rogue dwarf, but at the same time, I knew I had to quit because the game is modeled on keeping you online as long as possible.

going from point A to B literally takes 2 years.
fuck that. my time on earth isnt going to be wasted running from place to place in a shit built game.

There was really no excuse for this except shekles. Ultima Online in 1997 had rune stones that let you travel to any non blocked tile in the entire world.
>>
File: sandy.jpg (42KB, 318x339px) Image search: [Google]
sandy.jpg
42KB, 318x339px
>>3757341
Same. Everquest always looked like garbage. RO turned out to be just as much garbage, but it looked better at least.

I remember back then being madly in love with this girl, pursued her for almost 2 years until I won her affections. And then finally there we were, together laying there in bed, her spooning and saying she couldn't believe it took this long to get together. And I stared into the dark, enjoying her presence but really wishing I was at home playing Ragnarok Online.

Now she's married with 3 kids and to my knowledge they never even fixed the dual weapons bug. It's weird how the things you care about change as time goes by.
>>
>>3757335
>what made Everquest enjoyable.
You were probably young and it was your first MMO

> looking back all I see is pain
Human conditioning to remember the bad to not do it agian, IE sticking your finger in a light socket

>I look at screenshots and go "Oh yeahh..."
Nostalgia factor

>If it didn't redefine 'grindy' I probably never would've quit it.
Got me with this one, dont understand
>>
>>3757505
>Got me with this one, dont understand

I assume he meant if he never realized grinding was just boring filler that makes you think you're playing a game when all it's really doing is sucking your time, he'd still be playing.

I have a friend who got FFXI on launch day and still plays. It's sad. He used to play so many types of games.
>>
>>3757485

/vr/. The post.
>>
>>3757651
?
>>
>>3758169
He went through and bumped half the threads like that. Probably just trying to cycle threads he doesn't like off the board. Typical /vr/ kid stuff.
>>
>>3758182
Oh. What an asshole.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.