[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss the old AVGN. Really, what happened ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: JAMES.png (650KB, 845x436px) Image search: [Google]
JAMES.png
650KB, 845x436px
>>
>>3757319
He changed from just being a shitty nerd in a back room talking about bad games to an overproduced movie man.
>>
He forgot what makes his videos funny is talking and giving observation about the games rather than making terrible video effects and scripts that fucking suck.
Also "characters".
Jesus christ, this guy is a mess, I cringe with his videos now, it just sucks so hard.
>>
>>3757319

James started using his real personality more and his AVGN persona less. Seems like he doesn't care for doing AVGN anymore and only cranks out new videos for income stream, really makes the videos come off as forced and disingenuous.
>>
>>3757319
REALLY CHUGGIN SOME GIGABITES
>>
>>3757380
>HE DOESNT CHUG GIGABITES
>>
You grew up. He was never funny, just entertaining to watch when bored
>>
There's a video on his website where he talks about the origins of the nerd. The first episode was a segment from one of his movies that was supposed to be a bizarre, almost black comedy about a grown man that let video games ruin his life. Once he dropped that premise in its entirety it was just a vehicle for the shitty special effects and scripts that would've gone into his movies.
>>
File: Mike.jpg (102KB, 657x435px) Image search: [Google]
Mike.jpg
102KB, 657x435px
Do you think James is jealous of Mike's good hair genes? They are around the same age I think
>>
People realized he was actually for real autistic and it stopped being funny.
Also it was never funny, you just had shitty taste when you were 10.
>>
File: MirrorShield.jpg (121KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
MirrorShield.jpg
121KB, 512x384px
>>3757319
I just don't think he's still as enthusiastic about gaming as he is about movies. He's a much bigger film nerd than a video game nerd, and always has been.
He's slowly balding, he's married and has a little daughter now, but there's still the AVGN haunting him....I wouldn't be surprised if he announced sometime soon that he'll retire the AVGN character, to focus more on his films, trailers or behind the scenes action.
Mike, Ryan and Bootsy seem much more enthusiastic about games these days.
>>
Here's what really happened:
People reviewing/making shows about old video games were new.

So it was a novelty to watch AVGN, and learn some shit you may not know about retro games.

Then as time went on, thousands of youtubers were doing the same thing, while simultaneously you were expanding your knowledge as well with emulators or bought games, and researching online.

So you in essence, you already experienced and surpassed what james could offer on your own or watching other youtubers, and he became boring.
>>
>>3757431
I think James is more of a casual video game fan. Mike is more interested in games. Certainly better at them. James is more a movie guy
>>
>>3757332
This. At first AVGN was low budget stuff made of enthusiasm and inspiration. Sure it was rough around the edges, but still cool.

But today you can see it… James got bored of it. He makes vids about board games, horror movies and movies in general—but not AVGN. And when we finally get a new Nerd episode, it just feels forced, like James plays his old but doesn't really feel like it anymore. He doesn't try to rip the games apart, he doesn't really get angry like he used to. It's not Angry Nerd, it's a toothless and forced nerd.

The bloated story he wrote for Berenstain Bears and the "characters" he pushes in his videos just made me stop caring about AVGN altogether. I never cared about Mike, let alone that hack Bootsy and whoever is this "Neo Geo" guy in the pic with his cringy character. AVGN simply jumped the shark long ago.
>>
>>3757431

>.I wouldn't be surprised if he announced sometime soon that he'll retire the AVGN character, to focus more on his films, trailers or behind the scenes action.

I would be very surprised, because he knows very well at this point that the only thing people give a shit about from him is AVGN. That's why when he made his feature length film, he had to make it the AVGN movie and get crowdfunding for it, rather than do an original project. Unless he manages to make a new cult hit like AVGN was, then the day he retires AVGN is the day he quits making movies professionally.

The same thing happened with Doug Walker. The only thing his fans want from him is the Nostalgia Critic. At one point he tried to retire the character, saw his website numbers go way down, and then had to bring the character back and make more videos.
>>
I like some of his newer stuff better. That Christmas one was pretty bad, but I like how he's more honest in his reviews now. At first it seemed like he was just trying to trash everything. He's gotten better over time at articulating real problems and even pointing out the cool parts of shitty games. The over the top cursing etc is still there but it doesn't take up the whole video anymore. I appreciate that. The later game reviews and related videos seem like they have a lot more effort put into them.
>>
>>3757494
It doesn't really make a difference, because AVGN videos are so rare these days, he might as well retire him.
>>
Growing up I liked his videos, but rewatching the "classic" episodes as an adult one can clearly see how shitty they were, most of his problems on games happened because he sucks at games, even the ones he grow with. He really should kill his avgn persona, it's embarassing. Also, I never saw anyone adressing it but have you guys realized that in "Power Glove" episode he merely pretending to control the game during the Rad Racer segment? It was the demo playing at the time
>>
>>3757431
>James only makes three new episodes a year
>Bootsy left the group entirely

It's all just Mike and Ryan from here on out guys.
>>
>>3757521

why did Bootsy leave
>>
>>3757521
Did Bootsy leave?
>>
https://twitter.com/ReallyBLBootsy/status/817495292526395392

Yeah he's gone. Looks like he's off trying to start a music career.
>>
>>3757539
Lyrics to all of his songs:

I uhhh Want uhhhh to uhhhh be uhhhhhh with uhhhhhh you uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh oh uhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah uhhhhhhhhhhh baby oh uhhhhhhhh oh uhhhhhhhh oh
>>
>>3757521
>Ryan
He wouldn't be so bad if he didn't look and sound like the Penguin's son
>>
>>3757539
this sucks

can't even find the Mike and Bootsy videos on Cinemassaccre wtf
>>
>>3757539

his tweet kinda makes it sound like he was unceremoniously replaced, rather than he just left on his own.

also, Ryan has an absolutely vomitous personality . Unfunny, unknowledgeable, annoying fat sack of shit.
>>
>>3757552
>unknowledgeable

Why? He sounds like he knows his stuff to me. He's mainly the group's PC guy though, and they don't play as many PC games so he doesn't get as many chances to show his expertise.
>>
>>3757552
Ryan is a great addition to Cinemassacre, but losing Bootsy sucks.
>>
>>3757551
>can't even find the Mike and Bootsy videos on Cinemassaccre wtf
oh shit you're right. bootsy BTFO
>>
I assume they couldn't keep up releasing one J&MM, M&R and M&B episode per week, plus talk about games, Board James, AVGN, book, movie and film reviews.

Maybe they had to cut down on making all kinds of projects and M&B just didn't make it.

Maybe Bootsy has a job and a life that don't allow him to make regular episodes.
>>
>>3757562
Nice try PR guy.
They removed his videos from cinemassacre.
>>
>>3757562
Mike & Bootsy was their most popular segment and Board James ended half a year ago. The reality is Mike just couldn't handle not being the best on the channel so he fired the competition.
>>
>>3757563
I'm the same guy who noticed in this thread that they removed his videos....

maybe he got a job that requires him not being on youtube videos with gaming and profanity.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbQ-gSLYQEc7w-VmWEEZLF79TwUS1sSxa

???

The videos are still there.
>>
>>3757575
yeah but they're not on Cinemassacre anymore
>>
>>3757580
Oh, well who cares, no one uses that site anyway.
>>
>>3757583
I have been using it for a decade, and so have hundreds of thousands of other people.
>>
>>3757583
I do actually
>>
>>3757521
Why did that hack leave? Probably was jealous Mike had the fat guy do the nes mini and he got stuck with the Genesis
>>
>>3757606
Bootsy is a Genesis kid anyway.
>>
Why is he considered a hack?
>>
>>3757620
>one guy calls him a hack
>>
Anyone notice Mike is sneaking more of his shitty stream uploads on the main YT page instead of the extras one he used to put them on? Before long it will be entirely his own channel.
>>
>>3757691
As long as james is taking a cut, fuck it.
I feel like james is too beta to get his dues though.
>>
>>3757731
I wonder how much he does make from his videos. Seems like easy cash to sit down with Mike for 2 hours and play a game then let him do all the editing work.
>>
>>3757898
copy paste from a website

Let's do the math in case and calculate the average scenario of 1$ CPM:

1,000 views 1.0$
10,000 views 10.0$
100,000 views 100.0$
1,000,000 views 1000.0$
10,000,000 views 10,000.0$
100,000,000 views 100,000.0$
1,000,000,000 views 1,000,000.0$

Let's do the math in case you're lucky and you got a 7.0$ CPM:

1,000 views 7.0$
10,000 views 70.0$
100,000 views 700.0$
1,000,000 views 7000.0$
10,000,000 views 70,000.0$
100,000,000 views 700,000.0$
1,000,000,000 views 7,000,000.0$
>>
>>3757910
I'm sure by now all of James' videos combined have over 1,000,000,000 views. So is he a millionaire?
>>
>>3757918
He sells merchandise, gets ad revenue on his website, owns a house, probably has some investments.

Im sure he is a millionaire by now.
Not all millionaires dress fancy and flash their wads.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.