[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Converters/Scalers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: oe2cbil28a5earyroep1.jpg (63KB, 800x444px) Image search: [Google]
oe2cbil28a5earyroep1.jpg
63KB, 800x444px
Does anyone have any experience with component to HDMI?

I bought a 25 dollar scaler off Amazon and it's fucking garbage. There's a lot of noise in the image.
>>
You get what you pay for. Most of the stuff I've seen on it, you'd have a cheaper and easier time getting a CRT or just making a retro pi set up for your HD
>>
>>3756937
Yeah, but I can't seem to find any more expensive scalers, either.
>>
even composite on a crt will net you better results than most scalers.
>>
File: Full_retard.jpg (527KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Full_retard.jpg
527KB, 2592x1944px
My only component systems are not /vr/ with the PS2, Xbox, Gamecube (+GBP), and PSP. I wish I had those Retrovision component cables for SNES and Genesis, but they are costly for me.

I find the OSSC and Framemeister outputs to HDMI nicely. The OSSC needs a passive DVI to HDMI adapter, and (my version) does not output any audio through DVI (to HDMI). The Framemeister has a D-terminal input which is the Japanese equivalent to component, so it needs a component to D-terminal adapter. After choosing the correct input and outputs through their menus, component to HDMI is possible. The framemeister does have a bit of noise in some dark purples but not bad. You may also notice some small noise when the OSSC converts a 480i to 480p but I don't see it. These converters/scalers are significantly more costly than the $25 one, but they work well for me.
>>
>>3756915
Get a CRT. Scalers are a meme.
>>
>>3757004
Actually they're not, for the most part. The framemeister, however, is...
Look at DVDO.
>>
>>3756965
Yeah, I'm needing it for an Xbox.
>>
>>3756915

I'm using an RGB to HDMI converter (about 40 quid on ebay if I remember correctly) and I'm genuinely happy with it. I can take a picture of it if you like?
>>
>>3756915
wait what is this
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.