[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daggerfall / Classic Elder Scrolls Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: df1-5213177.jpg (283KB, 1178x1600px) Image search: [Google]
df1-5213177.jpg
283KB, 1178x1600px
Its been a while since I've seen one of these, so lets discuss Classic TES games; favourite builds, characters, current run through's etc.

== Information ==
Dagger XL news: http://www.moddb.com/mods/daggerxl/news

Daggerfall Unity news:
http://www.dfworkshop.net/projects/daggerfall-unity/
http://www.dfworkshop.net/

Daggerfall Official Downloads and Patches:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-01-24 11.59.44.png (83KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-01-24 11.59.44.png
83KB, 640x480px
My current build is a Nordic battle mage, so I'll see how this one goes
>>
Personally I wouldn't mind if these sort of threads became more frequent and organised, similar to the DOOM threads, but maybe that's just me.
>>
>been stuck on the same stupid werewolf for literal months trying to turn into a lycanthrope

just kill me already famalamadingdong
>>
Just started a wanderer character. No magic, no armor, no fancy swords. Just me and my trusty walkin' stick, boppin' orcs on the head as I travel the land.
>>
File: 13.jpg (1MB, 1911x1210px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
1MB, 1911x1210px
>>3757130
To become a monster is to admit that you are too weak to remain a human. Perhaps it is your character's unwillingness to submit to a beast that keeps him human.
>>
>>3756708
that box is sweet
>>
Is Daggerfall Unity playable now?
>>
Some people say daggerfall was even better than morrowind. I have only ever played morrowind through skyrim. How is daggerfall compared to the newer games in terms of gameplay, obviously I know its older and therefore a lot more archaic. Can you still immerse yourself as well as the other games?
>>
>>3758227
you'll hate it at first, i guarantee it. But it has a charm to it, and there's so much stuff in it it's basically a life sim with rpg elements in it
>>
>>3757513
suck a fart.
>>
>>3757513
no fuck you i want to break the game with werewolf powers
>>
>>3758241
So would you say it has more features than morrowind?
>>
>>3758250
not necessarily. There's more stats, the world is one of the largest game worlds ever, there's like 4000+ dungeons and a literal shit ton of towns and cities. You can also buy houses, ride horses, buy a ship and generally just do whatever the fuck you want

problem is, most of the stuff is very primitive, simplistic and procedurally generated
>>
>>3758227
In my mind Morrowind is the better title, while it may have cut out some features like owning a ship and having a wagon to help carry your loot back from a dungeon, the ones it keeps feel more fleshed out. Don't get me wrong I love daggerfall and the procedurally generated quests, dungeons and enemies make the game so replayable and still ennoyable 21 years later; but Morrowind will always be a better game in my mind.
>>
>>3756710
So I've put in to be weak to disease, poison, paralysis and frost, but strong against magic (which cancels them out), fire, and shock, also to be able to absorb magic when I encounter it. Should make for a broken build.
>>
>>3758227
>>3758678

take in fact that only RPGCodexfags says that

its a great game on its own, i played it after i played hexen and Witchaven when i was a kid, and i loved it.

but nowadays, i would rather play morrowind and even skyrim over daggerfall most time, mainly because DG is infamous for having more bugs than Macragge in 745.M41, i lost how many times i had to recreate my character to continue playing.

but try it for yourself anon, you will love it.
>>
>>3758704
>weak against paralysis

you fucked up, start a new build as an altmer or prepare to get your shit kicked in
>>
>>3761278
Nah buddy magic immunity cancels it out, I took a massive buff that counts for nothing and a minor debuf that counts for a large amount (on the difficulty slider)
>>
>>3761290
sorry to break it to you bruv but that's not how it works in Morrowind

you'll find out in due time
>>
>>3761316
Yes but this is a Daggerfall playthrough
>>
>>3756708
Halt? HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT. - I'm done now, sorry OP, but this was necessary for any Daggerfall discussion.
>>
>>3761316
>Morrowind

Read the OP, dummy.
>>
Is there any advantage to using short blades over long blades in DF?
>>
>>3763926
I'm sure it's got a faster attack animation or higher crit chance, otherwise excluding role playing there is no other reason to pick it
>>
Thread question; what is the most broken class you've run before?
>>
>>3763926
>>3764040

The swing speed is the same across all melee weapon types, it's based on your speed attribute.

I don't think any one weapon type has a higher crit chance than another type, at least, I've never read about that mechanic and I've read the heck out of the UESP for help/reference while playing..

Long blade would be the way to go if you're not concerned with RP, dai katanas do the most damage in the game.
>>
File: wm.jpg (44KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
wm.jpg
44KB, 850x478px
>>3758704
are nords frost immune and they can take weakness to frost as a freebie? good to know!

>weak to poison
but this was an error because poison is an elemental damage type in daggerfall, and most high level enemy casters will carry the toxic cloud spell. I've made this mistake before.
>>
>>3758704
Also add Forbidden Weapon for every weapon type you don't plan on using.
>>
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question anons but is there a way to make it so I don't have to swing my mouse around to attack? I just can't get used to it and I really like Daggerfall besides that aspect.
>>
>>3766426
I use a trackball, so "swinging" my mouse means just flicking the ball and attacking 50 million times a second. You do have a trackball for emulating Missile Command and Centipede, right?

>>3764373
>the most broken class
Unarmed werewolf build.
>>
>>3766452
Not who your replying to, but thar hillarious. I never thought about usibg a trackball
>>
>>3766607
Forget a trackball, you need a new keyboard.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.