[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hmm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: download (5).jpg (11KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
11KB, 271x186px
>being picky enough to need to real carts
>but it's OK to play on a Retron
WTF is wrong with people
>>
>>3756586
Different people are autistic about different things. Any particular setup is valid as long as it calms one's autism.
I think this aspect of the human mind is pretty fun.
>>
>>3756605
The game play on them is suicide inducing desu, the controllers that come with them are complete garbage
>>
The cartridges are the most expensive part, so people on /vr/ like to think they're all that matter.

They don't want to bother with the hassles of hardware accuracy, as long as they're able to show people that they have EarthBound.

Ironically, flat out emulation is more accurate than those things.
>>
File: CToOh4zU8AAJroV.png (337KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
CToOh4zU8AAJroV.png
337KB, 600x375px
>>3756616
>show people that they have EarthBound.
>>
It seems retarded to me because any Chinese asshole can make a 100% accurate repro cart or flashcart, it's the console that they can't reproduce properly.

What's the point of being autistic about accuracy if you don't care about the part that's inaccurate?
>>
>>3756620
I wanted to get the earthbound cart once, then i played it on the virtual console. that game is garbage rng the game. why do people like this game again?
>>
>>3756781
It's cute
>>
>>3756781

Smash series made people think they liked it.
>>
>>3756586
One reason these exist is Because most people are idiots. They can blow in a cart to get it to work, maybe even wipe the contacts with a qtip, but when it comes to cleaning or using an original console they instantly go full Retard.
Clone systems are a godsend for these people.
I know people that have gone thru 3 pin connectors on an original nes in a span of a few months. Like for real, how? I think it's more prevalent in people that didn't start out playing these games but started collecting /vr/ recently. Also I'm sure theres probably a "piece of mind" thing to buying a new clone console as well. Like a "this console is brand new so it's not the systems fault if it doesn't work, it's the games" kind of thing.
>>
>>3756781
>wants his hand held through an rpg

Teehee
>>
>>3756781
Because it's "EARTHBOUND" bro. It's the "rarest game ever made". This game has such a stigma around it. People always flip a massive shit about the game.
The characters/story/setting/graphics are good, but I personally can't stand the fucking battle system.
>>
>>3756781
>didn't do well in the west on launch
>nintendo tax
>Autism collectors
>le mother 3 meme

all contributed to the price increase
>>
>>3756586
But the wife loves it!
>>
>>3756835
I actually like the lack of direction of the game and exploration but like >>3756845 said
the Battle system sucks due to bullshit rng, the item management i can forgive since its an older game. the home sickness mechanic is really dumb and annoying
>>
>>3756828
In a way this is me. I had never even heard of Earthbound until the first Smash Bros. came out. I sought out a copy soon enough. Thankfully this was 1999 and I scored one for just $20.
>>
>>3756620
Nice repro
>>
>>3756586
Why buy Retron instead Super Retro TrĂ­o, that plays in hardware instead of emulation
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.