[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name worse 2 player than Sonic 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: sonic 2.jpg (61KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
sonic 2.jpg
61KB, 400x306px
Name worse 2 player than Sonic 2
>>
Donkey Shit Country
>>
Is this the new shitposting meme?
>>
Battletoads on NES. 2P mode is pretty much broken in that game. At least having a crappy partner in Sonic 2 doesn't hold you back, since the game is Sonic-focused anyway.
>>
File: mgsfault.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mgsfault.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
>>3755475
Mgs
>>
>>3755495
nah that's the best 2 player
>>
Come to think of it I don't remember what usefulness Tails had here, could he pick up and fly Sonic around or something? I used to watch my brother play the Sonic games and I liked 2 because I could control Tails but I distinctly remember that this still meant I was only watching my brother play the game.
>>
>>3755540
only in sonic 3 can he fly manually

though he could double team a boss with sonic
>>
>>3755540
No, not in Sonic 2. That feature was introduced in 3.
>>
>>3755479
Competitive mode is the most fun in that game. Always fighting over who tags in and out and setting your friend up to die instead of you. Then actually having to work together to get through some parts.
I remember you had to put in a code for DKC 1 though.
>>
>>3755475
Any "2 player" game that doesn't let players play simultaneously, a la SMB, unless it's a strategy or board-like game.
>>
>>3755475
FF9.

Your second player might not be playing for a looooong time.
>>
>>3755479
>Donkey Shit Country

Hahahahaha, aahahahahah, "shit", ahahahah, very clever anon, hahaha. "Shit", hahaha.
>>
>>3755481
James and Mike just played it and shit on Tails' ability to be controlled, so yes.
>>
>>3755896

God, I hate this fucking board sometimes. So fucking predictable that it'd be e-celeb bullshit causing the recent surge in shitting on Sonic. I dare you to CTRL + F 'Sonic' on Yotsuba Catalog, it's nothing but the same shitpost thread over and over.
>>
hired help in spelunky
if that counts
>>
File: 1480226959522.jpg (70KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
1480226959522.jpg
70KB, 515x515px
>>3755938
My favorite Sonic shitpost threads are the ones that start with some variation of "Why does Sonic attract autism?"

I'd swear it's the same faggot every time.
>>
It's terrible co-op, but I liked the competitive mode.

Sonic 3, now that game has shit co-op and shit competitive. Those multiplayer mapes are a joke. Great music tho.
>>
>>3755946
>I'd swear it's the same faggot every time.
Well it does seem to attract autism in one form or another then.
>>
File: DOGROLL.jpg (73KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
DOGROLL.jpg
73KB, 500x458px
>>3755540
in Sonic 2 he could attack bosses for you, grab more rings on the special stages, and perhaps kill enemies in advance (theoretically - not that you ever would stop to do that, and if you did, the enemies would attack you by the time Tails gets there).

On Metropolis Zone you can run on the corkscrews twice as fast when Tails is around.

Really Tails was just around so your younger brother could play the game while you did. It can be a ton of help with bosses if two kids play it like that though. Adults should not criticize it for bad when it is something clearly meant for children, that makes about as much sense as digging into a Fisher Price toy for not being aerodynamic enough to roll really far on its wheels.
>>
>>3755479
triggered
>>
>>3755475
it's more like 1.5 player
>>
>>3755540
he could fight the bosses by himself without worrying about taking damage.
>>
>>3755482
Most people didn't even know it had a 2 player mode. You have to press start on the 2nd controller - there is no 2-player mode option.

Doesn't matter, like you said it was so broken and shitty.
>>
Jesus christ i didn't realize how shit james was at video games until i watched him play sonic 2

How the fuck can you be so bad at the easiest sonic game of them all?
>>
File: dkc-multiplayer-menu.png (19KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
dkc-multiplayer-menu.png
19KB, 256x223px
>>3755609
No you didn't.
>>
>>3755946
It's a legitimate question though. You don't see the same phenomenon with Mario.
>>
>>3756229
I distinctly remember having to put in the code B,A,D,B,U,D,D,Y with the SNES pad.
>>
>>3756281
Oh, that. That just makes it so the passive player can tag in whenever he wants in two player team.
>>
>>3755623
This. There's basically no point to the 2 player in SMB.

SMB 3 actually did it in an alright way despite players having to take turns though. You were able to skip any levels that the other player has beaten. Then if they get a game over their levels aren't cleared any more and that can affect you in interesting ways, like getting trapped between two previously cleared levels.

But yeah in SMB 1 it sucked.
>>
>>3756229
What's actually the difference between team and contest? Never played DKC multiplayer.
>>
>>3756292
Team - one player is Donkey, one is Diddy. One plays until they tag in their partner or get hit.

Contest - Both players control both apes, effectively playing two games at the same time ala Super Mario Bros style. They're "competing" to beat the game faster.
>>
>>3755475
>it's a "/v/ kiddy just finished watching his favorite e-celeb" thread
>>
>james sucks at sonic 2!

I'm just watching the video now expecting a terrible display and all I see is a man who hasn't played Sonic since his childhood/adolescence, and doesn't remember the game layout too well, but he's not terrible as you said. Also, he's not trying and more focused on talking, this isn't a speedrun.
You guys hate James a bit too much sometimes. It's cool that he's giving some attention to Sega and Sonic for once, and he says the game is beautiful, what more do you want?
>>
>>3755475
Sonic 2's 2-player is good for if you have a young kid or little sibling. You hand them the second controller, they feel like they're doing something at little consequence to you, and if they get bored and walk away (which they're likely to do) Tails will just go back to being AI controlled.
>>
>>3755475
Raid on Bungeling Bay
>>
>>3755640
Kek
>>
File: MystCover.png (109KB, 256x307px) Image search: [Google]
MystCover.png
109KB, 256x307px
This games 2 player mode sucked ass
>>
>>3756549
Was there a 2 player mode? Honestly wish more adventure games were co-op
>>
File: Ocarina-of-Time.jpg (1MB, 4005x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Ocarina-of-Time.jpg
1MB, 4005x2250px
>>
File: 39946-Mario_Kart_64_(Europe)-4.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
39946-Mario_Kart_64_(Europe)-4.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
its like nintendo didnt want anybody to buy it
>>
>>3756556
There isn't you got memed
>>
>>3756273
Pretty simple. Anthropomorphism.
>>
>>3756159
>grab more rings on the special stages

And the dumb ass would always lose them without fail because he couldn't avoid the bombs.
>>
>>3755475
Shadow the Hedgehog....on the story mode stages.
>>
>>3755475
Xenophobes
>>
>>3756564
I fucking love this game
>>
>>3755479

Not very clever. I would have taken "Donkey Kong Country Poo" at the very least
>>
>>3755475
Getting mad at Tails for not being a viable second player character is like getting mad at the lettuce and tomato on your burger for not being a whole salad.
>>
File: Untitled.png (184KB, 499x418px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
184KB, 499x418px
>>3755475
But, OP, that's not 2-player mode.
>>
>>3755938
It started out so nice. Everyone here was just happy to have a place to talk about old video games that would be free from /v/'s shitposting, but it has steadily become almost as bad as /v/. In fact, I haven't been to /v/ regularly in years, we may very well be worse, now.
>>
>>3756219
The sadder part is that he claims it's his favorite Genesis game of all time. I can forgive sucking a bit, because there is some distraction involved when recording himself, but he also knows fuck all about the game. He didn't know how any of the bosses worked, he didn't remember you start the final boss with no rings, he didn't know how the special zones worked. It was pitiful.

I feel like James has moved on from video games and is mostly a collectorfag now.
>>
>>3757603
This place is paradise compared to /v/. Be thankful.
>>
>>3757603
Certain topics are better on /v/ than on /vr/ (castlevania threads, for example), but otherwise, /vr/ is still a lot better than /v/.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.