[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Man thread: Quint edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 30

File: JumpQuintRight.gif (618B, 24x43px) Image search: [Google]
JumpQuintRight.gif
618B, 24x43px
Mega Man thread: Quint edition
>>
File: RCO017_1468901126.jpg (314KB, 657x1024px) Image search: [Google]
RCO017_1468901126.jpg
314KB, 657x1024px
Bumping
>>
File: RCO015_1468816708.jpg (344KB, 655x1024px) Image search: [Google]
RCO015_1468816708.jpg
344KB, 655x1024px
Also, prayers go out for Buddy
>>
File: 1484169753572.png (64KB, 465x262px) Image search: [Google]
1484169753572.png
64KB, 465x262px
This thread seems lively.
>>
File: 1484712424948.gif (2MB, 311x237px) Image search: [Google]
1484712424948.gif
2MB, 311x237px
>>3755137
No shit
>>
>>3755137
About as lively as the megaman franchise
>>
File: op_forte.png (2KB, 96x64px) Image search: [Google]
op_forte.png
2KB, 96x64px
I'been replaying Rockman 7 and 8 FC, fan 8bit style remakes versions.

I'm enjoying quite a lot, although some level parts in 7 are meaningless, even more meaningless than in 5, like straight lines, empty or filled with a single enemy that's easy to avoid.
Though my 2 biggest grips are the low music volume, and the number of wrong tiles you can find in the backgrounds.

But otherwise I'm enjoying them.
Any idea if Rockman & Forte FC demake is still being developped?
>>
>>3757165
Fuck your cancerous fan made shit. Could as well play Chinese bootlegs of games.
>>
File: Copy_X_broken_zpsafeb64ee.png (234KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Copy_X_broken_zpsafeb64ee.png
234KB, 500x375px
>>3755137

It's because you autistic faggots constantly bitch about the franchise being dead despite your unwillingness to move past the boring 8-bit shit and try all the other flavors they had to offer.
>>
>>3755035
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC35pnsxVA4
>>
>>3757175
Why are you so negative?
>>3757715
>boring 8-bit
Why are you even here if you don't appreciate retro games?
>>
>>3757738

Music's good, at least. Physics look a little off, and I don't see the point of the dash lasting as long as it does.
>>
File: 1437370287238.jpg (1MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
1437370287238.jpg
1MB, 2816x2112px
>>3755035
which one is your favorite?
>>
>>3758319
>I'm not autistic or retarded
>You should be killed for your opinion
It's autism, lad.
>>
>>3758327
I agree, Dr. Anon. Definitely pretty deep in the autism spectrum. I'm afraid it may be terminal.
>>
>>3758327
or could just be friendly banter.
i know it's hard for people with actual autism to detect humour.
>>
File: Neko-1.0-on-Windows-3.0.jpg (47KB, 638x350px) Image search: [Google]
Neko-1.0-on-Windows-3.0.jpg
47KB, 638x350px
Aw man I remember using a Quint ico library for neko95 back in the day
>>
>>3757750
>it's old so it's good
>games can't move on
>>
>>3757750
>Why are you so negative?
Why are you so positive?

>retro games
Lol what? You're not playing a retro game. You're playing some hack made by god knows who. Eat shit faggot

>>3758319
>I'm eccentric
That's how you gave up you were retarded
>>
>>3758751
If you're not here to appreciate and discuss retro games /v/ is that way bub.
>>
>>3758905
Retro games includes games made past NES. Yet you fags are ready to play A HACK because "new graphics don't feel right". Yeah right, great game made by Capcom is not good buy a hack made by some faggot is A-OK.

Don't kid yourself, if you like MM "demakes" you're a coprophile and could as well go and play indie games. Which I advice you do and also rid /vr/ of your posts.
>>
>>3757750
>Why are you even here if you don't appreciate retro games?
>Putting words into people's mouths

Fuck, you're retarded. Nothing about my post was even remotely vague either.

I don't hate 8-bit games in general, I hate the fact that the majority of Mega Man discussion here is just circlejerking the NES stuff and ignoring everything after 6 unless its 9, 10, or the shitty demakes that remove all the interesting new design features for the sake of making 7 and 8 shitty rehashes like the previous 3 games were.
>>
File: retro games.png (195KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
retro games.png
195KB, 640x400px
>>3758949
This. Mega Man X series still gives most platformers a run for their money. MM & Bass looks like a miracle come true, working without special chips on SNES. It's not retro, but MMZ is also good as well. But people willingly ignore these series and even fling shit at them, because muh nostalgia must flow.

Getting back on topic, I always liked the MMX4 font. Tried to emulate it in GIMP. Maybe some of you will like this pic and use it for your ROM folder
>>
>>3758949
>>3758923
Your "stop liking what I don't like" trolling over 16bit MM version 8bit MM is only a consequence of the board getting younger. Now we get kids who grew up on the SNES and suddenly the NES is 8bit trash. Funny how you scream "nostalgiafags" at us when it seems like the contrary really, and btw, I only started playing 8bit MM games at the age of 20.

Now here is an idea, instead of trolling against 8bit every MM thread and shitting up the board, why don't actually start discussing 16bit MM?
>>
>>3759408
You're a retard. No one here is against 8-bit Mega Man, in case you haven't grasped it from 2 replies you quoted. Fuck, just go read >>3758923 again. Repeat if necessary, until you grasp it. I'm not going to waste time explaining that point to a dimwit like you over and over again.

The problem is, people seriously discuss HACKS here. And they unironically argue that MM7/8 got better from just being demade—and demade pretty shittily, with lots of graphics and animations lost. This simply shows the level of circlejerk going around here. It basically boils down to this: "if it's NES then it's good, otherwise it's bad or we don't care".

But it's not even about classic MM vs everything else! Consider this: MM & Bass is pretty much a classic MM game. And there was a faggot in this thread who unironically said he was waiting for its demake before he will play it. What. The. Fuck!?

So for fuck's sake, don't post if you don't understand what you're talking about or if you have nothing better to say. Your and others' circlejerk adds about as much to the discussion of MM series as waifufags who argue if Roll should wear sleeves or not.
>>
>>3758949
>new design features
>unskippable cut scenes, horrid voice acting and loading times
I'll take the demakes over the originals any day.
>>
File: megamanx dash comp.png (2KB, 328x152px) Image search: [Google]
megamanx dash comp.png
2KB, 328x152px
I was playing MMX3, and one thing kinda triggered my autism. I realized that the shadows on X's sprite are very weird. So I tried to fiddle with them a bit.

Left is the original sprite. Take a close look: for some weird reason, X is lit from below. There's no explanation how the bottom of his leg is light but the top is dark.

Right is my edit. Used only the original palette, tried to stick to the overall style.

Too bad that this is not exclusive to his dashing sprite. Wish I could edit sprites somehow
>>
>>3759438
Enjoy your turd then. MM7 has several cutscenes in the very beginning. Afterwards you don't get them. Same with MM & Bass. If it's too much for you, go ahead and stick with your "real Mega Man can only be on NES" meme.
>>
>>3759449
>Afterwards you don't get them.
NIGGER you get an unskippable cutscene for every weapon you get PLUS a cutscene after the first 4 robot masters THEN another one after the last 4.
>>
>>3759453
Which last like 10 seconds or so. Aaand that's why you had to put them on NES, right? Flawless logic.
>>
>>3758286
good god
>>
Reposting from another thread.

A few weeks ago while playing Megaman X I failed the cliff jump in Armored Armadillo's stage, got hit by a flying enemy and fell on
the platform again after it bounced on the wall, then tried to jump to the left to reach the cliff and fell off-screen but got to touch the wall, somehow I didn't die and climbed back up to try the cliff jump again and for some reason every enemy's palette, except Armored Armadillo's, was switched to different shades of blue.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I was playing it on my PSP.
>>
>>3759920
If palettes work the same in the SNES games as they do in the NES MMs, they are screen dependant, so I assume that the screen you got to loaded another one.
>>
Playing Legends2 in emulator, those fucking black holes in the final boss are damaging my fps instead of my lifebar
>>
>>3755129
>>3755135
>Indefinite hiatus
It's not fair.jpg
>>
>>3761124
We should start a Kickstarter for them to bring back Mega Man
Because Archie has a good reputation with kickstarters, right?
>>
>>3755135
Dicks out for Buddy
Also, look at Elec Man's face. Look at his horror-stricken visage. Elec Man is an angel too good for this world
>>
>>3759431
u wot. mate you're sounding like a dense cunt right now because people still talk about the x series on here. so kindly do one. cheers.
>>
>>3761148
Yeah right, I'm here every day and I have seen MMX brought up here once or twice in several months, though it derailed really quickly. Meanwhile, half of the actual discussion in this thread is about some retarded comic.

I wonder why MMX isn't as popular? Oh yes, I forgot, because it has no waifus, and it's not NES so it's not true Mega Man. Right, faggots?
>>
>>3761148
>>3761161
Come on guys, can't we stop fighting and just talk about megamuns?
>>
>>3761124
What was the reason for the hiatus anyhow? Wasn't selling enough?
>>
>>3761226
You start. I even posted some OC in this thread, no one cared. It seems to me that people would rather talk about their comics than about MM games.
>>
Been playing SNES Megaman X3 for some time now. It was my first MM game, now I came back to it.

The difficulty curve in the game is peculiar. I remember I couldn't beat anyone in it when I was younger. And this time, some 14 years later, it still took me over 10 attempts to get through Tunnel Rhino at first. Though the damage I took seemed ridiculous, I enjoyed the challenge… While it lasted.

But as soon as I got the armor upgrade, the difficulty simply plunged. I didn't even bother refilling sub tanks after getting it, because bosses felt wayyy tamer. There's also the ice shield/acid burst item drop trick, but I avoided it—IMO it's just too cheap.

Anyway, I wanted to talk about the weirdness of this game… To begin with, I never even use Zero on my playthroughs, because I remember that he can only die once and then he's gone forever—way to spoil the main feature of the game.

Next, there are the 4 different ride armors in X3, but to even get to use them, you must find the hidden ride in Blast Hornet's stage—no word about it in the manual. In turn, they allow you to grab 1 of the 4 "super" upgrades—but they're pretty pointless because there's an ultimate armor which combines all 4 anyway. So in the end, they're almost useless.

The bosses also raise some questions. Some of them take really long to kill, ~2 minutes is actually pretty quick for Blizzard Buffalo with buster. When Volt Catfish goes below 50% health, it starts going invincible for 10 second periods, only with short pauses. What the actual fuck? And then there's the fuckery with Bit, Byte and Vile—how you need to kill them with specific weapons or they'll return to fight you… Again, the manual is silent about all of this.

All in all, it feels kinda sad. It's such a beautiful game with 10/10 music, yet I can't help but feel that so many amazing features wound up flawed, or useless, or broken. It was my first and favorite MM game, so this hit me right in the feels.
>>
File: R5BluesFort.jpg (2MB, 1264x1998px) Image search: [Google]
R5BluesFort.jpg
2MB, 1264x1998px
So /vr/, why are Rockman 7 and 8 FC better than the originals ?
>>
>>3761685

They're complete garbage in comparison to the originals.
>>
Thinking of trying MMX4. Is it only about plot/graphics/music, or it actually has level design and acceptable gameplay? I've seen that it has bike parts, so I'm quite a bit concerned.
>>
>>3761251
Well, it's a good comic. You should try it, maybe you'll end up liking it.
>>
>>3761239
Archie was having a lot of financial difficulties at the time, so they had to put a ton of their comics on hiatus, including Mega Man.
>>
>>3761829
X4 is pretty solid if you play as Zero. instead of getting new weapons you learn new sword techniques, which I find more fun than megabusting everything.
>>
File: mmx1_iOS_1 comp.png (6KB, 246x179px) Image search: [Google]
mmx1_iOS_1 comp.png
6KB, 246x179px
So my autism got triggered even further and I decided to edit X's sprite from iOS MMX game, which apparently exists. Currently WIP
>>
>>3762879
Aah, what wonderful shitstains all those IOS Mega Man games are <3
Looks good so far, probably should go easy on the shading around his nose though, looks a bit too defined.
>>
>>3762913
Thanks for the advice.

Frankly speaking, the sprites are not that shitty. Sure, they look cheap, rough around the edges and not very detailed, but they stayed close to the original in style.

But that's also the problem. The old MMX sprites look aged today because of very basic shading (see >>3759445 for example). They don't look bad per se; but if you compare them to X4, they look way less fancy. And where low res of SNES kind of made up for it, they simply don't look all that good in HD. Especially in this sort of "upscale" drawing, obviously drawn by some lame-ass artist as cheaply as possible.
>>
File: 172901_jinndevil_megaman-x-hd.gif (20KB, 269x428px) Image search: [Google]
172901_jinndevil_megaman-x-hd.gif
20KB, 269x428px
Trying to understand shading better, I googled Megaman X HD. I wish I didn't

The most baffling thing about this image is that the shading and detail are pretty good. But it's like the artist took inspiration from the ugly old NES Mega Man cover art.
>>
>>3762989
Who's the monkey and what happened to Mega Man ?
>>
>>3763007
I guess it was one of Dr. Light's less proud creations. Poor doc couldn't handle it, had to add some bleach to a E-tank
>>
File: mmx1_iOS_1 comp 2.png (7KB, 246x179px) Image search: [Google]
mmx1_iOS_1 comp 2.png
7KB, 246x179px
Alright, this might be it… The majority of work done here I guess. Leave your suggestions
>>
bamping, just finished replaying mega man 1
First time I didnt have to use the pause trick on the yellow devil
>>
>>3764836
I haven't played mm1, why do people say the yellow devil is hard? I've seen footage and the blobs move relatively slow, ntm you're just short enough to only have to jump over the blobs on the 1st and 2nd rows from the bottom.
>>
>>3766164
Then play it. It's not THAT hard especially if you're used to similar bosses in later games, but it's the hardest boss in MM1.
>>
>>3766812
Gotcha
>>
>>3762879
I think you improved everything except the face, he looks like a chipmunk in your edit.
>>
File: SNES--Mega Man X_Oct26 22_00_55.png (10KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
SNES--Mega Man X_Oct26 22_00_55.png
10KB, 256x224px
>>3767013
Well he does look a bit like a chipmunk in game's art. But yeah, I'll try to fix it
>>
>>3766164
If you aren't using the pause trick it's a very long, drawn-out fight with a boss that hits hard.
>>
File: mega man x real.jpg (360KB, 700x875px) Image search: [Google]
mega man x real.jpg
360KB, 700x875px
Mega Man Solid: Tactical Dashing Action

A Keiji Inafune game
>>
>>3768759
Do you remember, X? The feel of battle? The clashing of rods and gears?
>>
>>3768806
Mega Man could technically do MGS-style story

>Classic Mega Man, a notorious soldier of fortune
>Gets held captive by Wily, who analyzes his robot "DNA" and makes 2 clones: Bass and Zero
>Sigma Virus is created to hunt down specific people
>Story clusterfuck ensues
>Nanomachines lol
>>
>>3768893

A game in which a specially engineered super-soldier must stop a rebellion staged by old members of his unit, who are all named after an animal (octopus, et al) and possess different weapons. His fight will take him to a secret enemy base where his sword-wielding friend will sacrifice himself to stall for time against an enemy utilizing a bipedal battle robot.
>>
>>3768930
Mind blown.
>>
File: avatar_0d7144cecd81_128.png (2KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
2KB, 128x128px
>>3768930
Holy shit
>>
File: mmx1_iOS_1 face 2.png (4KB, 123x179px) Image search: [Google]
mmx1_iOS_1 face 2.png
4KB, 123x179px
>>3767013
>>3768735
OK. Less chipmunk, more human face. I want to go for a more complex shadowing though, will try that that later.
>>
What are they fighting for?
>>
File: IMG_20161224_180513.jpg (76KB, 500x624px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161224_180513.jpg
76KB, 500x624px
>>3769502
Wood
>>
>>3769510
Hard, man
>>
>>3768976
I think that it's the nose that makes him look like a chipmunk, he'd be better off without it imo.

That's better though :)
>>
File: mmx1_iOS_1 face 3.png (4KB, 123x179px) Image search: [Google]
mmx1_iOS_1 face 3.png
4KB, 123x179px
>>3769658
Better?
>>
You know, this might not be an opinion many would share. But I've caught myself times and times thinking this, so here goes.

I think Mega Man could actually pull off a "gritty" 3D makeover. Heck, the whole MMX story was already was bordering on apocalypse, if you didn't remember that you were fighting animal robots. The underlying conflict of reploids VS humans was already at full scale, and MMX4 took the series' story to an even more dramatic direction.

But then MM Zero advanced it to the point of post-apocalyptic antiutopia. You have a clone of X, the beacon of light, becoming a dictator; Mother Elf, initially planned as a savior of mankind, killing millions; and then Weil basically winning and driving the mankind to near extinction. It's a "good die young, evil live forever" story at this point.

So not only MM could go grittier—IMO it should have. Because all those animals and such barely fit in at this point.
>>
>>3769941
And while we're at it—am I the only one who thinks MM had immense potential for going into 3D action? Not Legends style, but for real?

It's almost like Capcom didn't make DMC, Onimusha and God's Hand. It's just lying at the surface so obviously—Zero fits perfectly in a MM 3D action game. They already have plot and everything. And in case Capcom has no idea how to do it (I highly doubt it), they have plenty games to draw more inspiration from, from XB Ninja Gaiden and God of War to everything else.

But moreover: to make things more interesting, they could alter between slasher and shooter. Make X the shooting counterpart of Zero. Everyone's happy and you get 2 games in one. Metroid Prime showed just how you can make MM into FPS; for TPS, they have plenty examples from non-retro territory.

Everything else just feels ready for a jump to 3D. Ride armors? Ride chasers? They fit perfectly in the game. Dashing is present in virtually all action games. Charge shot? Metroid pulled it from MM4 way back in 1994 and has been comfy with it ever since.

Fuck it, Capcom, what have you been waiting for all these years? It's been you who tried to Westernize every franchise and did a halfway decent job doing it.
>>
File: mmx1 iOS edit - final.png (4KB, 123x179px) Image search: [Google]
mmx1 iOS edit - final.png
4KB, 123x179px
OK, I guess I'm satisfied with this edit. I'm now working at shooting sprite. Really wanted to play with lighting in this one.
>>
>>3771379
That looks near-perfect, anon. Is beautiful
>>
File: 1454882735227.jpg (1MB, 2334x1313px) Image search: [Google]
1454882735227.jpg
1MB, 2334x1313px
>>3769972
>Charge shot? Metroid pulled it from MM4 way back in 1994 and has been comfy with it ever since.

Actually, it's a fair bit older than either of those games.
>>
>>3761984
That and they wasted a shitton of money buying up the rights to Capcom characters to jam in the last Megaman crossover event.
>>
I love Quint if only because he completely eradicates the whole stupid "Cataclysm" idea that Bob and George created.
>>
>>3772643
He has so much potential as a character, bring forced to kill himself after finally returning peace to the world. The character development would be awesome; too bad they'll never use him again, he'll forever be a joke.
>>
>>3772686
Isn't because everyone on the Megaman team fucking hates MMII on Gameboy for some weird reason?
>>
Can I just say, I just got into the classic series, beat MM1 last night, first classic series game I ever beat and holy shit, I may actually like it more than X, and I really love X. I'm really looking forward to having 7 more games plus the game boy games to get into.

Also, is it just me, or is Mega Man a bit more of a leisurely action game? Not quite as hard, enemy placement not as dense, able to have many sub-weapons at the ready at lots of times, it's kind of a weird game when you compare it to other action platformers
>>
>>3761585

I really hate the inconsistency with armors in the games, like I can play X5 entirely through without armor, and I think MMX too if I remember correctly, but then for some games, like X6, it feels like armor is a borderline requirement for some levels/bosses. I like playing MM games completely without armor/weapons if possible. Also I don't even remember half the stuff you're talking about, now I'm wondering if I ever even played X3, although I'm pretty sure I beat it.
>>
>>3772739
Mega Man does seem laid-back most of the time, especially when compared to Capcom's assfucking franchise that is Makaimura
>>
>>3772739
Classic MM and X are almost different games.

As for laid-back—ahem, speak to me after you get to Quick Man in MM2.

>>3772790
>Also I don't even remember half the stuff you're talking about, now I'm wondering if I ever even played X3, although I'm pretty sure I beat it.
It's no wonder. First off, it's easy to entirely skip the ride armors and not even know they were there. Second, they are barely ever useful at all.

And yeah, they are really inconsistent. I have no idea why. Armors are pretty cool, at least better than chaser rides in a side-scroller. And yet they are very underutilized in most games. I think they can walk on spikes, right? This alone could open a huge potential for puzzles/level design.
>>
>>3772473
Ah, I forgot, sorry. Well, at least MM pulled it from a different genre.
>>
>>3772886

I just cheated and used Flash Man's power, whatever it's called, and then used an E-Tank for Quick Man himself

>>3772886

Yeah it turns out I haven't played X3, dunno how I got that confused, I've been going through them again lately, I still have to beat X3, X6, X7 and X8, I just started X3 for the first time and like, man, this game is weird, both the original OST and the arranged version sound weird, the difficulty is ridiculous, and some bosses are really hard and take forever and some bosses, like the Crab and Toxic Seahorse are like nothing.

With that said going back to X after having played classic is weird, I honestly think every X game is just way too easy, I think the best idea would be to take armors out of these games entirely, and do away with the additional upgrades they add in X5, and maybe one health tank and one weapon tank, idk, like seriously, you can already get health upgrades with hearts, why all this extra shit?
>>
>>3773005
>I just started X3 for the first time and like, man, this game is weird, both the original OST and the arranged version sound weird
SNES or PS version? PS is arrangement is garbage, SNES has badass metal shred. The latter is one of my all-time favorite OSTs, I always turn the volume up when I play X3.

It is actually unusual though because the score was done by Castlevania 1 composer. Listen to Volt Catfish and notice almost gothic-like feel. The rest of MMX games were done by another composer AFAIK.

> the difficulty is ridiculous
It is indeed. But as I've mentioned in >>3761585 , once you get the armor upgrade, the difficulty simply plunges. Some also mention the leg upgrade as being OP, but not in my experience.

But seriously, those enemies that mimic rocks/ice/whatever deal insane damage, almost 50% health if you don't have upgrades.
>>
>>3772691
Are you watching @Disgruntled Ferret?
>>
>>3772691
Iunno
Can confirm MMII on GBA is a shitty port tho
>>
>>3773120
GB, not GBA, fuck autocorrect.
>>
>>3772891
How about this? (posting here instead of /jp/ thread)
>>16501731
Have her star in a Megaman X style side-scrolling shooter where she discovers a time-travelling cover-up implicating Junko and the LOLK gang to be a much more serious group than they'd been portrayed as, amnesia, blurring timelines and co-starring the Drama CD and PC-98 mad scientist girls and set it to the artistic styling of the first 3D Megaman games, but actually good. Not that I hated those games anyway. While we're at it, put in the Nightmare randomizer from X6 and use a phone booth as a safe/save spot. Hell, mix in dating sim elements for a diplomatic route

And Dr.(some-letter-I-don't-know-Wily-maybe?) upgrade capsules because.

Fight Sumireko! Mokou-tan thinks you're awesome when you do!

>>3773064
EX-TER-MI-NATE!
>>
File: mmx1 ios shot animation slower.gif (5KB, 123x179px) Image search: [Google]
mmx1 ios shot animation slower.gif
5KB, 123x179px
As promised, WIP edit of MMX iOS shooting sprite. Animated, too

>>3772452
Thanks!
>>
>>3773226
Honeslty this is good but it's also shiny as fuck. Not going to fit in dark stages.
>>
>>3773243
You mean the shot flash, or the whole sprite in general?
>>
>>3773259
The whole sprite, same in the earlier versions too that you showed, like that extra light at the top of his head for instance.
>>
>>3773263
I kinda went hard on specularity, yeah. Here's a version with less shine (slightly updated too).

As for overall lighting, I didn't really change it much from the original. Also, MMX mostly has indoors or darker stages, but there also ones like Launch Octopus, Storm Eagle and so on. I guess on order to make everything perfect, I'd have to make a few set of sprites.
>>
Anyone saying Mega Man fan games are shit hasn't played Mega Man unlimited.

And by "anyone" I mean "that one guy".
>>
>>3773491
Unlimited is pretty great, good level design, good weapon design, hard, great music, if Megaman 11 was to be made a day, if the game was literally just Unlimited with a changed title I still would be satisfied.
>>
>>3773491
Too hard.
Mega Man 9 is a challenge, but Unlimited at times borders more on kaizo.
>>
>>3773659
Yeah the difference is the ratio between "tight shooting segment" and "deadly platforming segment" is not the same, Unlimited having more of the later.

I haven't beat Unlimited yet but those later segments have been well designed so far, hard but fair and interesting (forcing you to approach things differently every time), unlike a Kaizo hacks which is usually more about throwing as much BS as it can.
>>
Hey, did anyone ever make a Wily Wars hack that fixes Proto Man's sprite? The size difference between him and Mega Man's sprite triggers my autism too much.
There's also Dr. Light's shitty sprite, the fact that some weapons seen in the menu are shown as only blue while others are colored, and that Rush in the menu matches Mega Man's default color scheme (blue), but those problems aren't really as glaring for me.
>>
>>3776261
Oh, and don't even get me started on Roll's sprite... her eyes still haunt my dreams.
>>
>>3776261
>>3776302
SHIT I forgot, the sprites for Quick Man's laser beams are too short. When they extend all the way, you can see where the sprite ends on the edge of the screen.
>>
>>3776261
You know what, I realized that while Mega Man's sprite was upscaled, his hitbox wasn't, meaning it will be better to downscale HIS sprite, instead of upscale get everyone else's.
>>
>>3773491

Is that really what people think? some of them look great, like Mega Man Eternal and Mega Man Y+1, I'm thinking of streaming a bunch of them. And maybe joining a dev team for one
>>
>>3769941
I think we could get a longass platinum games style Mega Man X that would work. Given their newer track record though, I don't know.
>>
>>3773118
No, Inafune and the old Megaman teams from the 90s apologize for MMII and Adventure in the official Compete Works books because they think they're the worst games in the series.
>>
File: file.png (65KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
65KB, 300x300px
so...

...what happened to the original Mega Man, or the other robots from the classic series for that matter?
>>
anyone have good megaman remixes? i could have sworn i heard a great tune with a chorus of people singing, it was kinda like "I cannot defeat airman"
>>
File: RCO009_1468817127.jpg (1MB, 1920x2953px) Image search: [Google]
RCO009_1468817127.jpg
1MB, 1920x2953px
>>3780478
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Quint

>megaman II on the gameboy takes place between megaman 3 and 4 on the nes
>Dr. wily stole a time machine
>goes to the future
>steals the megaman of the future, now a simple housekeeping robot because Dr. Wily stopped making plans for world domination
>remakes him into Quint and forces him to serve Dr. Wily
>sends Quint into the past to fight Mega man in MMII
>Mega man destroys Quint, but creates a stable time loop (Mega man Destroys Quint -> Mega man stops fighting -> Dr. Wily turns Mega man into Quint -> Quint gets sent into the past to destroy Mega man, Rinse and repeat)

It would be really interesting, but like >>3772686 said, it's a shame he'll never actually get used or brought up again.

As for the others, It's never stated, but maybe it'll get explained in a new game I fucking wish.
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.