[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do vertical shmups get any better than Battle Garegga?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: Battle Galegga Instructions (1).png (4MB, 1022x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Galegga Instructions (1).png
4MB, 1022x1600px
Do vertical shmups get any better than Battle Garegga?
>>
>>3753987
Battle Garegga is literally babbies first shmup tier.
>>
>>3753994
Post your hex score then, poseur.
>>
>>3753994
no that's 2hu or cave
>>
>>3754018
Ikaruga is My First Bullet Hell
>>
>>3754036
Any Treasure game is babby's first
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>shmup threads
>>
File: smugemblem.png (305KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
smugemblem.png
305KB, 5000x5000px
>>3754162
>not liking the ludo-est of gaming genres
>>
>>3754190
I like the games, I'm talking about the threads and the "community".
>>
>>3753987

While it lacks the beautiful atmosphere of Gun Frontier has, it definitely exceeds it greatly in many other aspects.

Cliche as the complaint may be, I really wish the ranking system wasn't so brutally punishing...
>>
File: Raiden DX.png (29KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
Raiden DX.png
29KB, 240x320px
>>3753987
>>
>>3754218
>Cliche as the complaint may be, I really wish the ranking system wasn't so brutally punishing...
It's not, just be moderate when picking items and do 1 or 2 suicides when you have too many lives on stock.
>>
>>3753987
That game is awful though. The only reason it gets praise is because insecure fuckwads like >>3754001 flock towards it due to its fucking retarding ranking system thinking they're hardcore for wasting their life on a needlessly convoluted game.
>>
>>3754328
see >>3754287
Rank is garegga is a meme, it doesn't get stupidly hard unless you intentionally brute-force it, which is something only superplayers do.
>>
>>3754328
Less whining, more gitting gud, babby.
>>
Why is Battle Garegga Rev. 2016 not on the U.S. PSN yet?
>>
>>3754036
>Ikaruga
>bullet hell
More like absorption hell
>>
>>3755492
That's what makes it too casual. You literally have an invincibility cheat for 50% of the bullet types. At least in Silvergun, you could only absorb pink bullets with your sword.
>>
>>3753987
I'm currently in love with the fuckin' game. Bought into the YGW "Bat"-trilogy at Batrider (fell in love with that one), then Bakraid, and recently Garegga. I had a chance to buy a RayForce PCB (was grail for me) last week, but Garegga is so fuckin' fun that I had to turn it down.

Got a shit high score tho. 2.8m at Stage 3 beginning, but been only seriously playing since December.

>>3754036
Mars Matrix wuz muh first
>>
File: Recca_TitleScreen.png (4KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
Recca_TitleScreen.png
4KB, 256x240px
why Yagawa's shmups are so addicting?
>>
If you power up the shot to maximum, have all 4 options, don't collect anymore items, and bomb frequently, is it possible to clear the game on 1 life?

Having to restrict your firepower and die intentionally really irritates me. It feels like the exploits that speedrunners use all the time, and it's obnoxious.
>>
>>3756772
>is it possible to clear the game on 1 life?
It's possible but only for a very experienced player.

If you want just a 1cc it's recommended to power-up one level below maximum using 1/2 options for the first 5 stages, for stage 6 and 7 just max your options/shot. Also Wild Snail is one of the easiest ships to 1cc
>>
>>3756772
you could just play other games if you don't like this one
>>
>>3754036
>Ikaruga is My First Bullet Hell

Only the last boss on Hard is bullet hell in Ikaruga.
>>
>>3753987
is it that good?
>>
>>3753987
Garegga is farmdad tier to be desu.
>>
>>3757720
Yes. Go buy it right now on PS4.
>>
>>3758976
But it's not on the U.S. PS Store yet.
>>
>>3758976
>>3759003
>giving shekels to Sony

Just burn a CD-R and play it on Sega Saturn like everyone else does.
>>
>>3759003
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+make+a+japanese+psn+account
>>
>>3759008
But you don't support based M2 that way...
>>
>>3759008
The PS4 version has some improvements and additional content.

>>3759013
I actually already have a Japanese PSN for downloading demos, but don't you need to use a Japanese credit card or PSN card to purchase stuff?
>>
>>3759041
>don't you need to use a Japanese credit card or PSN card to purchase stuff?
Available on play asia
>>
>>3753987
Is OP a local dad shit?
>>
>>3759008
I'm looking to get a saturn but I'm a cheap shit that won't buy any retro console unless I can use a flashcart or mod it to play burned games.

Do you need to do anything to a saturn besides solder that chip onto it to get it to play backups?
>>
>>3759696
You can softmod the Saturn now with pseudosaturn if you own an Action Replay cart (which you will want anyway since it's a good way to have extra RAM in 1 cart).
>>
>>3753987
Best shmup soundtrack of all time. But shit game.
>>
>>3760856
There are better soundtracks
>>
>>3760856
>>Best shmup soundtrack of all time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQv3dCkY2Tk
>>
>>3753987
>home port of a shoot em up
>giving you infinite credits right away

My pet hate.
>>
>>3760856
t. shit player
>>
>>3761853
Don't use them. Simple as that.
>>
>>3761903
Not him, but one problem that almost never comes off this... score doesnt reset

If you score doesnt go to zero when you use a credit, that ruins a lot of fun for me with online leaderboards

I can only think of one game that does that though, so I think infinite credits is fine
>>
>>3761903

If only gaming journalists could take this into consideration more often, we'd be hearing a lot less baseless complaints about STGs having 'too little' replay value because the dolts just endlessly dump credits in after every game over (That totally could pay for the copy's retail price in an actual arcade...)
>>
Just rotate your screen 90 degrees and play real shmups vertically
>>
>>3761917
You have to understand that not everyone plays these games for highscores, at least initially. A lot of gamers play them just to see if they can get to end of the game. Removing infinite credits at the start should appease both casual and hardcore crowds - infinite credits should ideally be something unlocked later though merit.
>>
>>3761917
>we'd be hearing a lot less baseless complaints about STGs having 'too little' replay value because the dolts just endlessly dump credits in after every game over
Case in point: every Jeff Gertsmann review ever.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.