[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This fucking game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Faxanadu_NES_US_box.jpg (24KB, 213x300px) Image search: [Google]
Faxanadu_NES_US_box.jpg
24KB, 213x300px
Played through this as a kid, seemed to remember it being pretty cool, decided to play it again.

>in an early part of the game, you have to activate these fountains
>go through this dungeon, find and old man, he activates a fountain
>this guru in the dungeon tells me about another fountain in the sky
>get wingboots, fly to fountain in the sky, talk to another old man to activate it
>old man by the fountain tells me to get at key from the guru in the dungeon
>go through the dungeon again, get key
>go to the door where you need said key
>inside is a boss, kills me in a two hits
>go back to the door, it's locked again
>go through the dungeon a third time, get key
>"this time i'm ready for this fucking boss, i'll blast him with my spell"
>go through door, hit up on the d-pad, which is how you cast spells
>it's also how you go through doors, and i'm still standing right in front of it
>end up back outside
>try to get back in, door's locked again
>go through the dungeon a fourth fucking time, get key
>defeat boss, talk to old third old man, activate final fountain, go back outside
>can't remember where to go next, so i check a guide
>to progress i need a ring
>which i get from talking to that old man a second time
>that old man that is now behind a locked door
>which would require me to go through the dungeon again, to get the key

sometimes i just want to watch the world burn.
>>
>go through door, hit up on the d-pad, which is how you cast spells
That was really annoying.
>>
Faxanadu freaked me the fuck out as a kid. The people are all goofy and ugly as fuck, and the enemies aren't any better. But it was fun, if challenging, and I played it almost until the end. I never did beat it...
>>
>>3752194
There's a simple trick. If you bring that levitation item into the final dungeon, get the invincibility item within, you can levitate to the final boss's room and fight him while still invincible.
>>
>>3752194

it's a pretty good game overall. the graphics are very nice, and i like the creepy enemy designs. i dragged myself through the dungeon again, and finally made it to the foggy area, which has a wonderfully eerie atmosphere.

the fact that's doors don't stay unlocked once you've unlocked them was a fucking retarded design decision though.
>>
i think the "problem" is that it was a linear game...but you had multiple ways/paths to choose from. So the game seemed more repetitive then it should have been
>>
Is this some Falcom shit? Was watching Ys V on SuFami and you jump around a lot. Some action RPG shit.
>>
File: themasterhangsup.gif (3MB, 248x260px) Image search: [Google]
themasterhangsup.gif
3MB, 248x260px
God damn, save state is the greatest thing ever created. Fast forward is second.
>>
Have any of you guys seen this video:

https://youtu.be/71-Hs-aHrwo

It's really well done and gets the mood of the game across well.
>>
>>3752385
Pretty cool, anon. Does a better job of conveying the whole "dying earth" premise than the limited NES palette could. It just looked like Autumn to me on the NES.
>>
i could never write down the stupid mantra correctly
>>
>>3752373
This version of Xanadu was developed by Hudson Soft though.
>>
File: 3bzrr.jpg (207KB, 700x825px) Image search: [Google]
3bzrr.jpg
207KB, 700x825px
Don't have negative thoughts, remember your mantra.
>>
File: DoctorBrother.webm (3MB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
DoctorBrother.webm
3MB, 704x528px
>>3752375
>>
>>3752197

the final dungeon and boss are easy as fuck, really not necessary to cheat your way through them
>>
>>3752527
It's not cheating, it's using mechanics within the game to your advantage.
>>
File: 1478223498944.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478223498944.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>3751910
I literally played this portion of the game for the first time an hour ago and had no trouble with it at all.

You need to shape up
>>
>>3753174
>git gud

please. i wasn't complaining about the difficulty, but the tedium. having the doors lock again as soon as you exit was a terrible design choice, plain and simple.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.