[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bugs you have encountered in retro vidya games.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: not amused.jpg (554KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
not amused.jpg
554KB, 1024x768px
Post them.

Been playing some S2 Gold, while i was attacking the AI one of the soldiers suddenly freezed.
>>
I raped and i pillaged his land yet he were standing there didn't give a single fuck and watched his homeland turn to ashes for the rest of the game.
>>
File: bug.png (33KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
bug.png
33KB, 256x224px
>>
>>3751778
the game can be really weird. One time when some military buildings got razed by a catapult during a large battle, somehow the enemy soldiers that left those buildings just stared at each other for a long time.
>>
>>3751778

2d retro vidya have very few bugs or glitches in my experience. Most of them are going to be menu, ai 'glitches' (wouldn't really consider these glitches, just poor ai really), item equip / inventory glitches, or extremely esoteric glitches that you really have to go out of your way to cause.

I think the reason for this is that everything is hardcoded and all the programming is extremely tightly coupled. If something was bugged it may have been more likely to crash the game and need to be fixed in development. There are some exceptions of course: Pokemon Red and Blue have some insane glitches and I am very surprised that the game manages to run as well as it does without crashing.
>>
>>3751820
Kek
>>
>>3751791
What's that? Some kind of Aussie game?
>>
>>3754419
>Not knowing Sim Ant

Just fuck off back to /v/
>>
>>3751778
There's a glitch in the final battle with SA-X in Metorid Fusion where SA-X will become invincible. It has something to do with shooting at the right time while its transforming.
https://youtu.be/j5xiww3k-Oc?t=40s

There's another version where Samus also becomes invincible. With that one, the game is effectively soft-locked, since you can't damage each other and can't leave the room. That one I've only seen my brother do on accident, I've never been able to do it again on purpose.
>>
File: 1482264213397-v.jpg (112KB, 628x700px) Image search: [Google]
1482264213397-v.jpg
112KB, 628x700px
A few weeks ago while playing Megaman X I failed the cliff jump in Armored Armadillo's stage, got hit by a flying enemy and fell on the platform again after it bounced on the wall, then tried to jump to the left to reach the cliff and fell off-screen but got to touch the wall, somehow I didn't die and climbed back up to try the cliff jump again and for some reason every enemy's pallette, except Chill Penguin's, was switched to different shades of blue.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I was playing it on my PSP.
>>
>>3754907
>Chill Penguin
Armored Armadillo*.
Don't ask me how I fucked that up.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.