[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

POPstarter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: console wars.jpg (93KB, 440x414px) Image search: [Google]
console wars.jpg
93KB, 440x414px
some of the games that I run using POPStarter have missing textures/fucked up graphics. is it fixable?
>>
>popstarter
Might as well emulate on your computer dude
>>
>>3751734
CRT > inaccurate emulation
>>
nope but it's cool to see how broken some games are, try the ridge racer games, they get some really fucked up geometry
>>
>>3751768
Ridge Racer games are exactly the reason why I ask this.

Yeah graphics look like how Vice City used to look back on release with outdated drivers for nvidia.
>>
There's a pack of patches which you can use on some games. Consult the compatibility list to check.

Just to give you a heads up though - Popstarter is absolute trash. If you want PS1 on a CRT so bad just mod one or find a modded console.
>>
>>3751940
I do have one. I'm just sick of unsucessfully burned games and having to buy fucking cds.
>>
>>3751946

I feel you on that, Popstarter can still give you a lot of grief for silly reasons though. Have a look at the google spreadsheet compatibility list (I can't link it as 4chan thinks it's spam) and take note of any games that require patches or changes and try them out - if your game's red just forget about it.

The most annoying thing for me is games that are listed as compatible but are just 'slightly' off, such as Castlevania SOTN slowing to a crawl at seemingly random moments. It's certainly fine for some games though, I got 100% on Crash 2 and 3 and didn't notice a single problem.
>>
Try PS2PXSE. It's easier to use and comes with a great GUI!
>>
>>3751736
Why do you speak things that make no sense?

This is like saying

Better audio > playing with a gamepad

Completely unrelated, you can emulate with a CRT, you can use the real console with a LED, fucking retard.
>>
>>3751990
I tried that piece of shite exactly once and when I saw RE2 running in 6fps I dropped it.

>>3751979
For most games it works flawless, for those that it doesn't its usually apparent from the get go. Games that I did play without issues:

Final Fantasy IX
Medal of Honor/Medal of Honor Underground
Syphon Filter 2
Parasite Eve 1
Dino Crisis 2
RE 1/2/3
Silent Hill
Road Rash Jailbreak
NFS Porsche Unleashed
Gran Turismo 1
Assault Retribution
Kula World
Medievil
Necronomicon
Suikoden 1/2
..and bunch of others that I cant remember

Games that had fucked up visuals and were unplayable:

Ridge Racer series
Driver 1
Gran Turismo 2
Ace Combat 2
FInal Fantasy VII
>>
>>3752051
You just salty as fuck because you got rekt.

POPS, while emulation, tends to be pretty faithful. Unlike fucking ePSXe or whatever meme of the month emulator you are using. And that's not even going to talk about framerate settings, shitty audio desyncs, audio crackle, missing music and whole other clusterfuck of shit.

also

>comparing fucking around with hooking your PC with shitty digital out to the CRT to simple comfy ps2 connected to a CRT

apples and oranges shitlord.
>>
>>3752062
POPS is pretty slow though. I find Alundra to be unplayable. It's kind of put me off ever using POPS. Of course I'd never even bother if either of my PS2's could play PS1 backups.
>>
uh.... could someone actually help me set up POPS? I've been trying to for awhile but all the tutorials I find are shit.
>>
File: canvas.png (521KB, 694x687px) Image search: [Google]
canvas.png
521KB, 694x687px
>>3752832
tfw authentic matrix infinity in my ps2
>>
>>3752953
you still here anon?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.