[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone wanna talk about Game & Watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Game & Watch.jpg (175KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Game & Watch.jpg
175KB, 1024x683px
Anyone wanna talk about Game & Watch?
>>
I never had one so I can't comment. The character was pretty cool in Smash though.
>>
>>3750979
Depends if it's interesting talk or just another "OMI i just lurved game x the grafix wer so great and the game play wuz better then anything on any playstation" circle jerk.

I've been looking into making replacement screens for these. I used to prototype LCD displays in the 80's so this isn't just some fantasy. I had access to some very nice/expensive equipment back then but I've been able to come up with a similar process using stuff many home experimenters have.
It's not economical as it's labor intensive and you could get the same thing done professionally for a couple bucks if you're willing to order 1,000 pcs. But for proof of concept and testing it's useful.
>>
>>3750979
One of my old high school teachers had a pretty nifty collection of them

I've never played one myself and the prices of them are smyrocketing so i doubt i ever will, but they're novel little devices and i can see while people like them

They definitely stand out amongst all the other shitty monchrome LCD games from the 80s like the tiger games and Konami ones. My favorite ones are those 2 player ones that come with the controllers that wind up. You'd never see anything like that today with so many mechanisms, my autism could be kept in check just by fiddling with the device alone.
>>
>>3750979
The fact it could be bought at the grocery still amazes me.

Other than that, it seemed too primitive compared to my portable console games, and too expensive compared to my cheapo LCD games. So I never bought one, but it looked cool nonetheless.
>>
I've got Ball and Ice Hockey, I want to pick up some more.
>>
>>3752123
Good luck, have your seen the prices on ebay?
>>
>>3752628
>ebay
>>
>>3750979
These are beauties
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.