[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which version of Rondo of Blood should I play, the PC Engine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 14

File: latest.jpe.jpg (141KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpe.jpg
141KB, 600x598px
Which version of Rondo of Blood should I play, the PC Engine version or PSP remake? Also, retro Castlevania thread.
>>
The original is perfect in every way.
The remake is not bad but that's probably because it's a remake of a perfect game. It's fun too and has some interesting additions and it respects 2d sensibilities despite the polygon graphics.
In case you're willing to let people on the internet make your decisions for you, you should play the original first, then the remake.
>>
Dracula X SNES, since it's not easy as piss like the version on Turbo CD, also has superior visuals and music to boot.
>>
File: 1415176918950.jpg (307KB, 1278x719px) Image search: [Google]
1415176918950.jpg
307KB, 1278x719px
>>3750902
>>
>>3750896
Cool. I have both versions on my Wii and Vita respectively. I'll play the original first and then play the remake.
>>
File: gringook.jpg (69KB, 1280x825px) Image search: [Google]
gringook.jpg
69KB, 1280x825px
>>3750906
>butthurt NECbeard can't handle the fact that Nintendo master race wins once again
>>
the PSP remake is probably the most repulsively hideous remake of a 2D game I've ever seen, horrifyingly bad

it has absolutely no sense of depth and everything looks like it's made of shitty cardboard
>>
>>3751049
Good thing it includes the original, then.
>>
>>3750923
>game goes 2 times as slow, and music isn't rearranged to fit the levels
>wins
>>
>>3751273
Not him (I think you're replying to bait, btw), but is Dracula X really 2 times as slow? I played both, and didn't notice
Also, what's that about "rearranged music to fit the levels"?

Anyway, Dracula X is a different game, different levles, bosses, etc, it feels more like a sequel rather than a version.
>>
>>3750871
PC engine version is hands down the best.
>>
>>3750871
Outside of the graphics, the PSP remake is the best version of the game.
>>
>>3751276
>but is Dracula X really 2 times as slow?
He must've played the PAL version of Super Dracula X.
>>
File: draculax-versions.jpg (358KB, 1040x640px) Image search: [Google]
draculax-versions.jpg
358KB, 1040x640px
Dracula X on SNES... was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.
>>
File: 1285745957827.jpg (42KB, 451x537px) Image search: [Google]
1285745957827.jpg
42KB, 451x537px
>>3751924
>The game sucks because it's too hard for me

Well this is a pretty different change in pace from the usual Castlevania shitposting.
>>
>>3751924
You posted this in another thread, then retracted
So they changed the battle up to make it more challenging, and that's a bad thing? Because we really needed the tower battle, take 12
>>
>>3751929
It's not about the challenge (you don't get knockback if you crouch, btw), it's about the ridiculous and flamboyant looking Dracula design.
>>
File: the nile.jpg (56KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
the nile.jpg
56KB, 400x534px
One has got to be a real contrarian to claim the SNES version is superior.
Look at these nerds grabbing onto the tiniest reason to defend their game.

>It's better because it's harder!
Lel.
>>
File: gfs_45539_3_2[1].jpg (16KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_45539_3_2[1].jpg
16KB, 800x600px
>>3751939

Oh, okay. PCE Dracula is still pretty darn flamboyant though. He looks more like a shoujo villain in cut scenes than a true Transylvanian horror.
>>
>>3751953
You forgot the most important reason why Super DX > PC DX.

>no unskippable animu FMV bullshit
>>
The psp version is the cats ass. The remake version is kind of shitty but it has the original and SotN unlockable. So it's the best PSP game.
>>
>>3751959
You're only proving my point.
>>
Pc engine rondo is better than Dracula X by leaps and bounds. The Snes version has an odd control feel and it's not as good in general. Castlevania IV is better than X on snes.
>>
>>3751969
Dracula X controls the same on both SNES and TCD, what are you talking about? Either post proofs of your claim with videos or stfu.
>>
File: goemon-lounging.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
goemon-lounging.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>/vr/ finally agrees Dracula X is better on the SNES

I knew this place would come around eventually.
>>
>>3752001

ONE GUY said that. And he's probably you.
>>
File: Richter_Belmont-2.jpg (50KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Richter_Belmont-2.jpg
50KB, 500x667px
http://www.strawpoll.me/12164932

Vote now!
>>
>>3750871
PC-Engine, of course.
A better question would be how to play such version, and I personally recommend :
Original -> Emulation/PSP -> Wii VC

PC Engine should emulate without problems on any computer or android box that can run RetroArch, just make sure you get a normal ISO and not one of those shitty old Mp3 rips.

PSP port is pretty solid and you get a version of SOTN with Maria and new translation as a bonus, but you'll have to play the 3D remake for a while to get to either of them.

Wii does that shitty thing of forcing you to use B A for the controls which may be okay on a Wiimote but is awkward on a classic controller.
>>
File: cvanialecarde.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cvanialecarde.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>3750871
Friendly reminder to all classicvania fans to check this one out if you haven't:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aal9dUr-kU

And to look forward to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht-IL7eccrE&spfreload=10
>>
>>3751953
No, dude it's just that you used the absolute nuttiest thing to compare between the two games. I mean, the final boss battles are the least of the SNES game's oddities.
>>
Here's the objective reason why it's better on PCE-CD.

RoB's penultimate stage design:
http://www.castlevaniacrypt.com/img/rob/maps/7-clocktower.png

CDX's penultimate stage design:
http://www.castlevaniacrypt.com/img/dx/maps/stage-6.png
>>
>>3752043
OP Here, I have the original on Wii VC and the remake on my Vita. Would a Wii Pro controller be comfortable enough for the VC version? If not, I can play it on my RetroPie.
>>
>>3751924
Australia-kun being a casual babby, who would have thought.
>>
>>3751953
>version

Stop shitposting, they're different games.
>>
>>3752042
>version
>>
>>3752043
>which may be okay on a Wiimote

that's the way you want to play it, it's a PC Engine game, remember?
Wii version is exactly the same as on the PCE, except for the german narrator at the beginning.
240p and all.
PSP version of the original is fine, but it does have a few flaws (audio desynch in some cutscenes, and the resolution isn't 1:1 with PCE original, it's a bit stretched)
>>
>>3752089
Dracula X looks more like a proper clocktower stage, rondo's clock tower is too small and most of the stage is horizontal, barely a "tower".
Also, I always thought the backgrounds on Rondo were a bit lazy.

Still, this whole Rondo vs DX is silly, both games are fine, but you want to play Rondo first, and Dracula X as an addendum/sequel.
>>
>>3752148
Are you joking? Rondo is pretty easy, I'm not even having Maria into account. The Dracula fight especially is the easiest of all Castlevania games.
Not even having Maria into account.

Also, what the fuck happens with your tutors during weekends?
>>
>>3752148
Dracula X snes is a new game though, not "sloppy seconds", it's not a port, it has new levels, new bosses, etc.

You're just angry you didn't have one growing up.
>>
>>3752173
>PC Engine

Stop lying, australia-kun, you didn't have one.

>Amiga

Good for video editing and music, shit for games.

>SNES was bollocks for action games anyway

You wish you had stuff like Wild Guns, Gundam Endless Duel or Goemon, old fuck.

Your past with video games sucked, you only had a 50hz Mega Drive and a computer without Doom, and you lie about owning japanese systems like the PC Engine CD. You are a living joke. I actually feel sorry for you, man.
>>
Andrés, andate a dormir. A nadie le importa la amiga.
>>
File: disgust face.jpg (12KB, 277x156px) Image search: [Google]
disgust face.jpg
12KB, 277x156px
>>3750902
>>
>>3752206
Haha, no you didn't.

>Whatever
>muh nintendo hateboner

LOL, you just missed on a chunk of good games, australia-kun, deal with it. The better you can overcome this trauma, the better will be for your deathbed.

Segatendo idorts will always shit on your astonishingly bad tastes.
>>
>>3752213
>a chunk of good games
In your Ninty-brainwashed perspective, perhaps.

>Segatendo
Well, you got 50% right. The true master race played in arcades and on computer.
>>
>>3752214
>arcades

Everyone went to the arcades, duh.

>computers

Maybe if you like FPS and RTS. Oh and those shitty Amiga kusoges, hehe.

>muh nintendo hateboner

Keep telling that to yourself when most of the great japanese 3rd party devs released a lot of games on the SNES.

Your denial is amusing as fuck, old man.
Don't you have some new music video to watch from the Amiga scene? lol.
>>
>>3751989
Not even close. I own both on original hatdware not emulated. The Snes version is a tad slower and has like a millisecond input delay. It has some sprite slowdown in some areas and overall doesn't look as good. Plus the CD'S music is much better. They are different games but in my opinion Dracula X feels like a de-make not a remake.
>>
>>3752228
The only actual difference I see is from the sprite animations, a few walking frames were cut in the SNES game, so the PCE game got better, more fluid animation. However, I didn't notice any slower controls, and even if it was like 1 millisecond slower (not input delay, the game responds just like Rondo does in terms of input), not only did I not notice it, but I'd actually wouldn't mind. Castlevania isn't a game about going fast. As long as it isn't as slow as Haunted Castle, I'm game. That one is a bit tad too slow (and Simon's sprite is enormous). X68000 is also very slow, but that doesn't make it a bad game. But I digress, pont is, I didn't notice the slower controls, how are we sure they really are there? Maybe it's just your impressions for the animation frames cut?

>overall doesn't look as good

Animation frames aside, I think Dracula X does look better than the PCE. It has a lot more of detail put into the backgrounds, more complex tilesets that look closer to SOTN (while Rond's tilesets look closer to the NES games, which isn't necessarily bad, but it feels more precarious).
CD music is undoubtely better-sounding from a technical standpoint, but also from a technical standpoint, Dracula X on SNES sounds amazing, as did most of the late SNES Konami games. And I like some of the arrangements better on DX than on Rondo, Divided Bloodlines, for example. Even though I can hear the better sound on CD, I can deal with more compressed synths but hear a version of the song I enjoy more.

>de-make not a remake

Neither, its only relation to Rondo is having the same story and using the same sprites (although there are many different ones, and again, all the backgrounds and level design was done from 0).
It's more like a sequel, I'd say.
>>
Someone on Youtube by the name of kelphelp actually made a pretty decent comparison to the psp and pc engine rondo so i would recommend checkin it out. Seems pretty cool so far.
>>
File: NxVAaiB.gif (42KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
NxVAaiB.gif
42KB, 640x400px
Daily reminder that Australia-kun unironically defends Amigavania.
>>
>>3750871
i would say the PC Engine
>>
>>3751924
Whoever decided to put those pitfalls in the final boss fight was a total asshole.
>>
>>3753110
There he is
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 998x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 998x720px
>>3753939
This boogeyman of yours is getting quite old.
>>
>>3753956
You are already an old fuck.
And yeah, besides your age, you got old pretty fast here on /vr/, why do you even keep coming? It's obvious you don't like it here. Aren't there any Amiga-only forums on the internet? I'm sure there are.
>>
>>3754120
>you got old pretty fast here on /vr/
Yet you still complain about him and bring him up in several threads whenever you start losing arguments. What's your end game trying to identify shitposters, anyway? You think you'll automatically win if you claim he's australian? That's pretty pathetic, even for 4chan standards. How about instead of playing guess who, have a regular, non-autistic discussion for once?
>>
>>3754120
>It's obvious you don't like it here
not that anon, but what is there to even like here? this board has all of 5 unique posters and barely fuckin' moves. sell me on the worthless board that shouldn't even exist to begin with lol
>>
>>3750871
PSP remake has some weird hit detection and I personally don't like the arranged tracks as much. It's still worth a play after you play through the PC Engine one cause they make some pretty interesting changes.
>>
File: rob.png (1MB, 1352x947px) Image search: [Google]
rob.png
1MB, 1352x947px
>>3750871
Just got into Rondo of Blood, and I hate RetroArch. Some guy made a pc port of the original PC Engine game. It's pretty dope.
>>
>>3755031
Not him, but this thread has australia-kun (or the other shitposter that says to "mimic" him, I just think it's him pretending to be another fag): >>3751924
That's classic Australia bait MS paint work and classic australia-kun shitposting all throughout this thread and most CV threads.
Also, australia-kun might actually be not australian, but his nickname was because of something else, not his nationality.
>>
>>3756176
wtf are you talking about; who cares
>>
>>3756271
You'll know once you lurk Castlevania threads on /vr/ enough.
>>
>>3756157
Where did you find the pc port? I found some info but all have expired links.
>>
>>3750871
pc engine
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.