[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do NOT mind me....Just the best game ever coming through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

Do NOT mind me....Just the best game ever coming through
>>
>>3750819
I disagree, it's a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.
>>
>>3750824
Donkey Kong sucks.
>>
>>3750825
You know something? YOU SUCK
>>
>>3750824
Donkey Kong is trash
>>
File: garbage.jpg (55KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
garbage.jpg
55KB, 500x446px
>>3750828
>>
>YI vs DKC meme

Fuck off, Steve L. Kent.

And yes, Yoshi's Island might very easily be the best game ever made.
>>
>>3750819
I do mind you
cause it is
100% TRUE!
>>
Why did Nintendo of America market Yoshi's Island as the sequel to Super Mario World (which itself was originally Super Mario Bros. 4), even though the two games could not be any more different?

I understand the desire to have "Mario" in the title for name recognition, but calling it SMW2 is deceptive.
>>
>>3751873
Your argument is retarded.
>>
It's probably the worst "good game" I've ever played.
>>
>>3751873
I agree, its more of a Yoshi game than a Mario game. Still great though.
>>
>>3750819
>love Super Mario World
>for some reason never played the sequel
>see it mentioned frequently in /vr/
Ok faggots, is this really worth battling my sloth and downloading an emulator and the ROM to play it?
>>
>>3750819
>rom hacks
>good
>>
>>3752274

You never played YI?!

It's just one of the best games for the system, no big deal...
Play he first 15 minutes if you like the artstyle which apparently is a thing to consider even though back then it was universally praised.
If you like it and find it charming play it through. And if not play it through too, it is DAMN good.

But seriously, you will notice pretty soon if the game is sth. for you and if you should continue...
>>
>>3752274
It's a great game, but it's also pretty different from the "true" Mario games. It's fairly long for a 2d platformer, with huge secret-filled levels and fun gameplay mechanics.

It's a bit on the easy side but there's a lot more challenge in 100%ing the game. The art style is apparently hit or miss. I find it to be the best looking SNES game but for some its a turn off.

In my opinion the real weak points of the game are the too-easy boss fights and a handful of levels that feel too long.
>>
File: sluggy.jpg (72KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
sluggy.jpg
72KB, 640x475px
>>3752329
Boss fights get intense when you're trying to 100% the game, because it means you can't get hit once during bosses. And you can't use extra items to replenish the counter during boss fights either.

But still yeah, most of them are very easy. I mean look at this guy, he did nothing wrong. Also, what's his backstory? Why does he have hair in his heart?
>>
>>3752283
>>3752329
Alright I downloaded it and I'll give it a try soon. Thanks anons.
>>
>>3750819
It's okay. Feels good to play, but it's held back by pretty basic level design for the most part. It's also somewhat held back by having an incredibly small selection of songs for stages, making things feel pretty same-y overall. I've played it through twice and it just hasn't grabbed me either time.

>>3752360
Other than the fact that it's very easy to not get hit on any of the fights, any smart player would know to make some red eggs if they DO take any damage, or, if they can't make any in that fight, keep a spare one or two on-hand.
>>
It's only good if you don't bother going for a perfect score on every level.
>>
>>3752543
Doing perfect scores can be leave for later, since you can revisit levels anyway.
But yeah, first playthrough should be just enjoying the ride.

>>3752529
Only boss that always fuck me up is the frog's belly. As the screen gets smaller and smaller and more acid drops and enemies drop from above, it can get a bit hard to avoid getting hit, also you can't make red eggs on that particular screen either.
As a kid I remember struggling a lot with the piranha plant, I think that boss got a lot of people too, but it's incredibly easy once you understand how to hit its weak spot.
>>
>>3752543
so much this, but i do like the bonus levels

But why is every Yoshi game after this one is so disappointing? Nostalgia clouding my appreciation maybe but I like other modern games with retro origins. It's like they got all butthurt that YI response was kinda lukewarm and vowed to never try again. Yoshi is basically weezer. I should try to go back to sleep
>>
>>3750819
>Yoshi's Island is the best vidya ever meem

every single one of the Dong Bong Country games are superior
>>
>>3752543
>it's only good if you're skipping the majority of puzzles, platforming challenges, content and difficulty
the opposite is true unless you're 5 years old maybe
>>
>>3751873
>but calling it SMW2 is deceptive
Indeed, calling it Super Mario WORLD 2 was a misnomer, it wasn't a direct sequel.

Using the Mario brand name was a good commercial decision, though.

>>3752156
I disagree, at that time it was a Mario game, similar to Knuckles Chaotix, definitely a Sonic game despite the different mechanics.

Yoshi games before Yoshi's Island were a bunch of puzzle or light-gun games.
>>
>>3750824
Add Country 2 to it and you've got it right.
>>
>>3753461
DKC2 is so fucking perfect.
>>
>>3753298
This. All the fun in Yoshi's Island is with exploring all the nooks & crannies of each beautiful level, collecting everything, and getting perfect scores to unlock the awesome hidden levels. Otherwise the game is way too easy & boring.
>>
>>3753723
If you're playing it blind, it's just better to not care about doing 100% on every level.
Once you go through the whole game, you can go back later to complete the levels you're missing.
It's more enjoyable that way, I think.
>>
I just noticed OP's pic is a romhack.
>>
>>3753726
Hey, whatever floats your boat, man. But I've heard a lot of people complain about it being too easy & boring precisely because they played it blind, like other platformers, instead of going for completion.
>>
>>3753731
And I've heard people complain because of "collectathon" aspects make it boring.
People gonna complain no matter what.
I agree the game shines the most when you go for 100% completion, that's when you notice how well designed it is, but playing it blind without caring for score is still fun, the game is still, at its core, an action-platformer where the main goes is to reach the end of the level. The collection and completion aspects are an extra challenge for experienced players.
Getting stuck in a maze cave level because you can't get 100% can get frustrating, better leave it for later and continue with the game. Enjoy the ride.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.